Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Do you think they will have the cap space to do so? I recently read that the Redskins were really up against a wall on the cap, which was the main reason they were re-signing every role player on their roster.
If they want him back they'll make it work. Bruce hasn't even started restructuring yet and hes got a handful of contracts that he can work with (Orakpo/Trent/Garcon). They don't have the cash to start making Miami Dolphin signings but I don't see bringing back Fred being a cap issue.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Then there's Erik Walden and Paul Kruger who should probably be charged with grand larceny.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Do you think they will have the cap space to do so? I recently read that the Redskins were really up against a wall on the cap, which was the main reason they were re-signing every role player on their roster.

I have no idea how George Allen and the SKins FO are signing players. It's all smoke and mirrors to me. If Deangelo Hall doesn't come back I think that frees up some cap room.

Somehow I think the SKins are convincing guys like CB Biggers to sign for really low first year numbers to fit under this year's cap.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Woodson feels sad.

"Free agent Charles Woodson has felt "shunned" on the open market.
"I thought there would be a little more interest," Woodson said Wednesday. "(I'm) just waiting around to see what happens." Woodson's only visit took place with the 49ers last Thursday. The 49ers are reportedly "keeping their options open" with Woodson, but they've already signed third-safety type Craig Dahl. Woodson's market could heat up once Ed Reed finally finds a home. "

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I have no idea how George Allen and the SKins FO are signing players. It's all smoke and mirrors to me. If Deangelo Hall doesn't come back I think that frees up some cap room.

Somehow I think the SKins are convincing guys like CB Biggers to sign for really low first year numbers to fit under this year's cap.
Almost all first year numbers are really low. The base salary is probably the vet minimum. However unless he isn't taking a signing bonus I don't know how they are doing it.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Have they given up on Jordan Cameron developing already? Some guys don't do it as fast as Jimmy Graham did, and he showed me some flashes he just needs a legit QB and time to grow. Figured with Norv there he could have some breakout appeal but sounds like they don't think it's likely.
Don't think they have given up on him, but I think they feel they could do a lot more with Fred Davis.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Cmon Oak...get a RT and rid thyself of whatever garbage is there...Barnes I think.
they resigned barnes today
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post

The only pass rusher that got paid was Kruger.
Connor Barwin, Desmond Bryant did too. But most did not.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure I get the excitement on Fred Davis. He's one slip up away from a year long suspension and is recovering from a torn achilles if I remember correctly. Not really a guy I'd be lining up to give big money to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not sure I get the excitement on Fred Davis. He's one slip up away from a year long suspension and is recovering from a torn achilles if I remember correctly. Not really a guy I'd be lining up to give big money to.
Not big money, but if you can add him for a reasonable price it would be exciting.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi needs to go ahead and sign a low ball deal with the Saints. I mean, he has already made bank and is still be paid 4 mil by the Eagles. Come back to the system that made you look amazing, and give us a defense to go with our offense.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Nnamdi needs to go ahead and sign a low ball deal with the Saints. I mean, he has already made bank and is still be paid 4 mil by the Eagles. Come back to the system that made you look amazing, and give us a defense to go with our offense.
Great sales pitch.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I like it it's basically "come here. we'll underpay you, but someone else overpaid you before so it equals out"
Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I'm sorry to inform you that Nmandi sucks in man coverage too. He's just not good anymore. The whole system excuse is a myth that simply is not true at all.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Nnamdi could still be productive in certain systems, but I don't think he's ever going to be anything special.

I wonder if he'd be good as a nickel safety
Old 03-20-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

End of an era in Chicago:

@ChicagoBears: #Bears unable to reach agreement with Brian Urlacher for 2013; both sides will move forward.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post

@ChicagoBears: #Bears unable to reach agreement with Brian Urlacher for 2013; both sides will move forward.
He should retire but you know he won't, can't imagine him in any other uniform.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think Nnamdi could still be productive in certain systems, but I don't think he's ever going to be anything special.

I wonder if he'd be good as a nickel safety
It all depends on your expectations. If you're signing him with the hope that he's gonna be Nmandi again, you're gonna be disappointed. If you sign him with the understanding that you're getting an average CB for depth, then you won't be disappointed.

He cant play safety. He can't tackle to save his life.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

I see him going to Minnesota. He should retire. Honestly I was never a huge Urlacher fan but I know I'm in the minority here.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reed to the Texans

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Reed to the Texans
About time. He'll fit right in with that defense.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Reed to the Texans
I think that officially makes the Bengals the only team not to sign a FA.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I think that officially makes the Bengals the only team not to sign a FA.
Hey, you got Rey Maualuga back
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
And Michael Johnson.

That has to count for something.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea we re-sign the worst MLB in the NFL last year and keeping him there.

I am talking about players not on their team last year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote