Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He played pretty well when the Saints won the superbowl, it's part of why I thought he may be a cheap depth piece at DT for the Titans with Gregg Williams now on the team.

I think most thought he was overdrafted anyways, but I still had him as a mid first
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to big Sedric?
Ricky Williams Tour ahead or what?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just never really grew into being a player, and I'm guessing never loved the game and put forth the extra effort needed.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Was Gilmore that good last year? I didn't really see him play.
We really threw him into the fire and he looked foolish in the beginning a few times, but he really was terrific the whole 2nd half and defended every teams #1 man to man.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
We really threw him into the fire and he looked foolish in the beginning a few times, but he really was terrific the whole 2nd half and defended every teams #1 man to man.
thats how revis was too...moss made him look foolish his first game of his rookie year and he was just never very good the first half but something clicked in the second half of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryans new deal is done, 59 mill guaranteed: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/95...on-sources-say
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Matt Ryans new deal is done, 59 mill guaranteed: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/95...on-sources-say
This has to make Jay Cutler extremely happy. If he puts together a good season he will have the Bears bent over hard next year.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
This has to make Jay Cutler extremely happy. If he puts together a good season he will have the Bears bent over hard next year.
Just to not let him walk I guess he'd have control, but Cutler isn't on par with Ryan at all.

QBs seem to really hold all the leverage. Teams are so afraid of being turned into one of the teams that have been searching for a QB forever that they are willing to overpay slightly above average starters
Old 07-25-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bears do what they are supposed to do on offense this year + make playoffs - Jay will get a very similar deal. IMO.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-25-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not suggesting that Cutler is on the same level as Ryan. But Ryan's new contract will bolster the franchise value of QB's. The Bears will be faced with a franchise tag price of something like $20 million for Cutler. This gives him a lot of leverage.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Abrahams a Cardinal
Old 07-25-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals sign Eric Winston & John Abraham, Winston 1 year, Abraham 2
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the Cardinals are playing free agency the right way this offseason. They're not trying to bring in top-tier free agents, but they're taking established veterans to fill their biggest holes. They've had a good amount of home-grown talent for years, but it always seems like they've got some huge deficiency which screws them.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I really like Arizona's team next year. I think Palmer has more left in the tank than he showed last season with Oakland. If Mendenhall has life in his legs, and add in the improved O-line, I like their offense a lot.

Their defense will depend on if they get pass rush from Abraham. Dockett in the middle is still solid, and I like their DB's.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've got options at running back, too. Think Andre Ellington's their 4th-best running back, and a lot of people really like him. Mendenhall obviously has the potential to be pretty good. Ryan Williams is sort of the wildcard of the group, and Stepfan Taylor's probably the closest thing this draft had to Alfred Morris. I'm pretty confident he can at least do 3 yards and a cloud of dust consistently.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I liked Ryan Williams but he seemed mentally out of it last year coming back from injury. You could tell he was running not to get hurt and then he got hurt again. I'm not sure how he'll bounce back from that.

I do like Ellington as well.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Ryan Williams was sort of odd to watch last year. He really looked like he didn't want to get hit. I seem to remember him even saying as much in an interview or something - saying that he didn't trust his knee yet and was playing scared. Doesn't help when you're running behind the worst O-line in the league. I expect their line to make a big jump this year, though, and I keep saying that. Not to the best in the league, but they should at least rise from the bottom to the middle. If he can get his confidence back I think Williams might be their best back, but that's a big "if."
Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll battle STL for last in the West.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Also, just realized Ryan Williams hasn't had a healthy season since his RS Freshman year. Had hamstring issues as a sophomore before coming out, tore his ACL as a rookie and then only managed to play in 5 games last year.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RW going for 1,500 next season.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like everything in Arizona except for the QB and OL. Palmer has been brutal and he will get destroyed behind that OL. Their defense is great. The whole NFCW has great defenses, but Palmer behind that OL is gonna suck. Levi Brown is bad. Winston will help though.

Stepfan Taylor bout to get those meat and potatoes yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL depends a lot on if Potter/Massie/Brown can play LT

Potter
Cooper
Sendlein
Massie/Brown
Winston

wouldn't surprise me if Brown is the next man cut
Old 07-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of the Cards, rookie WR Ryan Swope retired before his career really started due to concussions: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...to-concussions
What a shame.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

too bad but thats part of the risk. just too bad he could have had a decent career
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I feel like the Cardinals are playing free agency the right way this offseason. They're not trying to bring in top-tier free agents, but they're taking established veterans to fill their biggest holes. They've had a good amount of home-grown talent for years, but it always seems like they've got some huge deficiency which screws them.
Yeah, a legitimate quarterback. Hell, even a decent one.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote