Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears locked up Cutler for 7 years and Tim Jennings for 4

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler resigns with the Bears through 2020

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

lol bears.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7 more years of Cutler interceptions :)

If they overpaid for him it will be the icing on the cake.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
7 more years of Cutler interceptions :)

If they overpaid for him it will be the icing on the cake.
I hate Chicago.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What else was the bears suppose to do make a 35 year old career backup its starter?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears needed to resign Cutler because their Defensive overhaul is going to take up the majority of their resources the next few seasons. However, committing 7 years to an average-below average QB is a really unfortunate result for a franchise that doesn't have a lot going for it at the moment.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears locked up Cutler for 7 yrs, Matt Slauson for 4 yrs and Tim Jennings for 4 yrs

no numbers yet for Cutler yet, though read it may be him averaging $18 mill over first 3 years with around $50-$55 mill guaranteed
Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be surprised if he got significantly less than Romo's 120 million with 55 guaranteed.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The Bears needed to resign Cutler because their Defensive overhaul is going to take up the majority of their resources the next few seasons. However, committing 7 years to an average-below average QB is a really unfortunate result for a franchise that doesn't have a lot going for it at the moment.
Average/below average?

I can think of at least 10 teams that have worse qb situations and would love to have Cutler.

Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Browns
Texans
Jaguars
Titans
Raiders
Vikings
Bucs
Cardinals
Rams

Other teams I think you could put Cutler on and they would improve or be about the same as they were last year.

Ravens
Bengals
Chiefs
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins
Lions
Falcons
49ers

As far as the Bears having nothing going for them. They just went 8-8 under a first year offensive head coach and looked great with instability at the QB position. Jeffrey was an absolute freak and arguably the biggest breakout player along with Josh Gordon in the entire NFL. The defense needs an overhaul, but with the hardest position to fill in QB accounted for, they have nothing but stability and growth on offense. They will get better and more dangerous as they play more together, another offseason will only help.

If they end up getting a legit slot receiver they will be extremely dangerous.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe in you Jay!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've totally taken Cutler in Buffalo. Even with an overpay. If you're a fan of a team lucky enough to have had an average to above average QB, you just don't get it. I look back on the Doug Flutie era as the golden ages....so, yeah, give me Cutler.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad this happened. Hopefully this results in 5 qbs taken in the top 10 of the draft.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad it happened because I like making fun of Jay. He's just too much fun

...With that said, this was the right decision by Chicago. Cutler was putting up the best numbers of his career under Trestman and Trestman turned McCown into a star. Chicago going all in here to see what Cutler can do under Trestman and his offense. They averaged 28 PPG with Cutler this year, so they can build off that

Bears have one of the better cap situations and should be active in FA for some defensive help. Now that they have an actual elite offense....they're gonna be a tough team next year. I expect Detroit to be better to with a new staff

North division was garbage this year but I expect it to be one of the better ones next season and a tight 3 team race
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm glad it happened because I like making fun of Jay. He's just too much fun

...With that said, this was the right decision by Chicago. Cutler was putting up the best numbers of his career under Trestman and Trestman turned McCown into a star. Chicago going all in here to see what Cutler can do under Trestman and his offense. They averaged 28 PPG with Cutler this year, so they can build off that

Bears have one of the better cap situations and should be active in FA for some defensive help. Now that they have an actual elite offense....they're gonna be a tough team next year. I expect Detroit to be better to with a new staff

North division was garbage this year but I expect it to be one of the better ones next season and a tight 3 team race
Meh. If Rodgers plays 16 games, Packers should take the division without too much trouble.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm glad this happened. Hopefully this results in 5 qbs taken in the top 10 of the draft.
Its most likely going to happen. The QB market is horrible this off-season.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Green Bay's defense is hot garbage though, so you never know.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Green Bay's defense is hot garbage though, so you never know.
This is true. But they should at least add something there. They can't possibly be worse. A healthy Clay Matthews wouldn't hurt either. At the end of the day, Aaron Rodgers (w/ Eddie Lacy giving that offense a real dual threat) should drag this team to 11 wins.
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Chicago didn't really have a choice but to resign him. As for him being average, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. He has shown what he is to this point. He can do great things and really bad things. But once you get past the top guys and maybe look behind the young up and comers then you get a whole group of guys who you can argue are top 10 players or are below average. Cutler to me is definitely in that group. He still has huge potential but after 7 years what has he done to say he is an upper echelon starter in the NFL?

In the NFL there are probably 5 tiers:

The top guys (maybe 5)

Young guys with tremendous potential (4 or 5)

That group in the middle (10 or 12)

Guys who could be replaced (8 or 10)

Brandon Weeden

Some of those guys with potential will eventually become top guys and some will be brought back into that middle group.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
good luck with that. it's more important to take a RT than to try to get a starting qb in the nfl now. that's how you win playoff games and super bowls. because what if you took jamarcus russell by accident!?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
good luck with that. it's more important to take a RT than to try to get a starting qb in the nfl now. that's how you win playoff games and super bowls. because what if you took jamarcus russell by accident!?
You just blew my mind.

Jacksonville doesn't need Bortles. They need a LT to replace Monroe. Bc what if Bortles is a bust? Play it safe with the OT amirite?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
I heard the cool thing to do is draft 30 year old fire headed quarterbacks because they could throw screen passes to the best drunk driving wide receiver in college football.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Meh. If Rodgers plays 16 games, Packers should take the division without too much trouble.
but the packers have injurieeez every year
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I heard the cool thing to do is draft 30 year old fire headed quarterbacks because they could throw screen passes to the best drunk driving wide receiver in college football.
look, the key here is to just assume that weeden is a hall of fame caliber qb. if you make that assumption, then really, the browns are probably going to win the super bowl this year.

Quote:
You just blew my mind.

Jacksonville doesn't need Bortles. They need a LT to replace Monroe. Bc what if Bortles is a bust? Play it safe with the OT amirite?
exactly! i wouldn't even bother trading for someone else's mediocre qb who can trent dilfer your defense to a good season. just roll with what you've got, because i'm sure it could be worse.