Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Gabe Carimi released by the Buccs. I didn't know he left the bears.
They also cut RB Michael Hill, DT Derek Landri and QB Jordan Rodgers.

And signed QB Mike Kafka.

The release of Carimi essentially guarantees that the Bucs will be in the hunt for interior line help, since they have nobody behind Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph, both of whom have been hurt and underperformed.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
They also cut RB Michael Hill, DT Derek Landri and QB Jordan Rodgers.

And signed QB Mike Kafka.

The release of Carimi essentially guarantees that the Bucs will be in the hunt for interior line help, since they have nobody behind Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph, both of whom have been hurt and underperformed.
BUT JEREMEY ZUTTAH RULES **** YEAH.

he's like all i've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BUT JEREMEY ZUTTAH RULES **** YEAH.

he's like all i've got.
Zuttah is the starting center... And a below average one at that.

Actually, if I had my way, the Bucs would cut either Davin Joseph or Carl Nicks, shift Zuttah over to guard and sign Alex Mack.

Then we could cut Donald Penn, draft his replacement and the offensive line would look a lot better.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually, if I had my way, the Bucs would cut either Davin Joseph or Carl Nicks, shift Zuttah over to guard and sign Alex Mack.

Then we could cut Donald Penn, draft his replacement and the offensive line would look a lot better.
Zuttah's a natural guard so that would make sense.

But even still he's the best center in the league sooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Penn's been that bad?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Penn's been that bad?
Most Bucs fans are in denial and will tell you that he's still "serviceable," but they're delusional. He's been that bad.

This past season, Penn was responsible for 0.7 sacks per game in the 3 games that his boy Josh Freeman started, but it really looked like he packed it in and stopped caring after that, because he was responsible for 2.7 sacks per game from that point onward, including a pitiful effort against the Rams in which he gave up 6 sacks.

I've wanted to see him replaced for at least three years now. I'm currently at the point where if he's still on the roster in Week 1 of next season, I want Lovie Smith and his entire staff fired. He's going to do nothing but turn the team's next quarterback (whether that's Glennon or somebody else) into David Carr 2.0 with the way he lets defenders run right by his fat ass.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've wanted to see [OT Donald Penn] replaced for at least three years now. I'm currently at the point where if he's still on the roster in Week 1 of next season, I want Lovie Smith and his entire staff fired.
Unfortunately, if there's a problem with the offense, Lovie Smith tends to do absolutely nothing about it. Even as a head coach, he only cares about the defense -- same as Rex Ryan.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Unfortunately, if there's a problem with the offense, Lovie Smith tends to do absolutely nothing about it. Even as a head coach, he only cares about the defense -- same as Rex Ryan.
Which is exactly why I wasn't particularly thrilled with the hiring of Lovie Smith in the first place.

The historical ineptitude of the Bucs in the offensive department has been difficult enough to overcome even when the franchise makes improving that side of the ball a priority. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having a coach who is just going to completely ignore it.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Gabe Carimi released by the Buccs. I didn't know he left the bears.
Traded him for a sixth during last season's training camp.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really missed on Carimi.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cleveland Browns are such a disfunctional franchise. Not that I don't think getting rid of Banner and Lombardi was a good move but what about this timing makes any kind of sense?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...farmer-new-gm/

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 02-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between Carimi and Konz, talk about some over drafted offensive lineman on that Wisconsin team.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I really missed on Carimi.
Same here. Konz too. I loved both of them.

They were great run blockers in college and then they came to the NFL and it's like all of their strength was gone. Makes me wonder if they were juicing in college and got off the juice once they got drafted.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frederick seems to be playing very well for Dallas though
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They were great run blockers in college and then they came to the NFL and it's like all of their strength was gone. Makes me wonder if they were juicing in college and got off the juice once they got drafted.
They weren't on roids; they were just playing against Big Ten competition, which makes some players look like they're juicing up.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 02-11-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Same here. Konz too. I loved both of them.

Konz was never a great run blocker. Carimi was a good run blocker for a left tackle (again not great) and didn't have the feet for the position.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:37 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The Cleveland Browns are such a disfunctional franchise. Not that I don't think getting rid of Banner and Lombardi was a good move but what about this timing makes any kind of sense?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...farmer-new-gm/
Being around it lately I was wondering how long these two were going to get to run this thing. Apparently not long.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Konz is absolutely terrible.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's interesting how Darren McFadden went from everybody's favorite player in the 2008 Draft to a free agent that nobody cares about in 2014.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, he's a FA? lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

DMC is better than Steven Jackson.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
DMC is better than Steven Jackson.
Careful. If you keep putting down players like Jackson and Konz, you're gonna take some of the blame off Matt Ryan.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

When you go 4-12 there is plenty of blame to go around.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMC can't stay healthy enough to matter. He hasn't played a full season in forever. Good runner at tine but injuries make him worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Konz is absolutely terrible.
The sad part is that he's still probably their best O-lineman.