Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how much they were going to give up for him. I'm guesssing it was something ridiculous.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the crazy thing is that whatever they give up would have directly hurt HIM.

I doubt No. 4. I'd say the TRich pick and a 2015 3rd or something.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Probably complete BS leaked by the Browns to make them look a little less stupid.
Well Schefter just said two Browns officials told him it was indeed discussed but never got that far. Another report said that it was Harbaugh who contacted them.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well Schefter just said two Browns officials told him it was indeed discussed but never got that far. Another report said that it was Harbaugh who contacted them.
there was probably some sort of discussion. but the details are really messy. one report by PFT says harbaug turned them down. another report by cleveland sports radio guy named joe lull (i think) of 92.3 the fan said harbaugh wanted the job.

could have been as simple as cleveland making an offer for harbaugh and san fran laughing them out of the building, and as complex as the stories of harbaugh-baalke tension being true and coming to a head.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 02-21-2014 at 04:38 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that after Gruden was sent to Tampa it was changed so coaches couldn't be traded anymore.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care how much the Rams have to spend. They CANNOT let Rodger Saffold get to a Division Rival and quite frankly, he should be the #1 priority for them. He's an Elite Guard.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why the 49ers would entertain offers for Harbaugh, and I don't know why he would entertain the idea of going to Cleveland unless they were offering him part ownership of the team.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I don't know why the 49ers would entertain offers for Harbaugh, and I don't know why he would entertain the idea of going to Cleveland unless they were offering him part ownership of the team.
For some reason the 49ers aren't willing to pay Harbaugh the huge money he wants. Money is the reason for anything 99% of the time.

Quote:
A source tells CSN Bay Area that the 49ers won't pay coach Jim Harbaugh "like a Super Bowl winning-coach" until he wins the Super Bowl.
According to reporter Matt Maiocco, Harbaugh's long-term future with the 49ers "remains uncertain." If the source's report is true, it's a baffling hardball stance from a team that's reached three straight NFC Championship Games under its prodigy head coach. The news comes on the heels of Profootballtalk's report that Harbaugh was nearly traded to the Browns. The 49ers vehemently denied the report, but the Browns made no such effort. Harbaugh is currently signed through 2015, but it would behoove both sides to hammer out an extension this offseason. The 49ers would be wise to pay Harbaugh what he wants.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There would be no legitimate incentive I would think for Harbaugh to leave the 49ers. They have a Super Bowl contending roster, are built for the future, the Browns have been a mess for years, and his family is located in the bay area already. The organization has accomplished a lot in three seasons. Why would they want to also get rid of the man that turned everything around? Doesn't make sense. Not even to entertain a trade.

The only thing I could possibly think on Harbaugh's viewpoint is money and more power. I would be surprised if anyone would want so much control that they'd be willing to give up a great situation like the one that is already on the plate.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For some reason the 49ers aren't willing to pay Harbaugh the huge money he wants. Money is the reason for anything 99% of the time.
Simply more fluff to me. What source is this? Talks have been at a standstill since last season, but that no way implies that the 49ers brass doesn't want to pay Harbaugh a lucrative deal that might make him the highest paid coach in the NFL. It's a process.

Quote:
Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, its funny that Jets fans (myself included) are still talking about who the Jets could bring in on the cheap considering the Jets are looking at close to 50 million in cap room this year.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
There would be no legitimate incentive I would think for Harbaugh to leave the 49ers. They have a Super Bowl contending roster, are built for the future, the Browns have been a mess for years, and his family is located in the bay area already. The organization has accomplished a lot in three seasons. Why would they want to also get rid of the man that turned everything around? Doesn't make sense. Not even to entertain a trade.

The only thing I could possibly think on Harbaugh's viewpoint is money and more power. I would be surprised if anyone would want so much control that they'd be willing to give up a great situation like the one that is already on the plate.
I think you answered your own question there. And it might be about respect too. He should have a gigantic deal - he's arguably the best coach in the NFL.

It's always about the money. We don't want it to be. But it almost always is.

Plus, there have been reports about tension between Harbaugh and Baalke. If that's true this is even more believable.

And here's your source: Matt Maiocco

Last edited by gpngc : 02-21-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I think you answered your own question there. And it might be about respect too. He should have a gigantic deal - he's arguably the best coach in the NFL.

It's always about the money. We don't want it to be. But it almost always is.

Plus, there have been reports about tension between Harbaugh and Baalke. If that's true this is even more believable.
What reports of tension? I think you mean more assumptions/rumors without any legitimacy to them. Both Harbaugh and Baalke said they have disagreements, but that doesn't mean they don't work well together. We've seen the results. But there is no report, none, that says or even implies they are at each other's throats and want a change of scenery. This isn't like Marty Schottenheimer and AJ Smith in San Diego.

And if it was always about the money than Harbaugh would be in a University of Texas coaching shirt right now.

EDIT: What did Matt Maiocco say exactly?

Quote:
Old 02-21-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What reports of tension? I think you mean more assumptions/rumors without any legitimacy to them. Both Harbaugh and Baalke said they have disagreements, but that doesn't mean they don't work well together. We've seen the results. But there is no report, none, that says or even implies they are at each other's throats and want a change of scenery. This isn't like Marty Schottenheimer and AJ Smith in San Diego.

And if it was always about the money than Harbaugh would be in a University of Texas coaching shirt right now.
That report came today. About the Browns.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawak...titive-tension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-despite-wins/

I'm not sure if that's a reason or the reason that Harbaugh even considered the Browns thing.

But I think money and power are two things that are very appealing to him. And the other report states they aren't willing to pay him "Super Bowl winning coach" bucks until he wins one.

You can deny all these reports all you want, but they're out there for a reason and all of them together paint a picture.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/repo...gh-49ers-trade

Quote:
Harbaugh's long-term future with the 49ers remains uncertain as the sides have not come together on a contract extension. The sides did not reach a new deal last offseason during contract talks after the 49ers lost to the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII.

The sides were believed to enter into contract talks again this offseason. One source said the 49ers are not expected to pay Harbaugh like a Super Bowl-winning coach if he has not won a Super Bowl.

A year ago, the 49ers gave Harbaugh permission to seek endorsement deals with team sponsors to make up some of the money he sought in a contract extension. Harbaugh collected an estimated $1 million above his five-year, $25 million contract, a source told CSNBayArea.com.

[RELATED: Harbaugh trade would have provided decades of talk]

The 49ers are believed to be offering less in guaranteed money on a short-term deal with Harbaugh's pay reaching the upper echelon of salaries among NFL coaches via incentives if the 49ers win a Super Bowl.

The dialogue about the long-term future of Harbaugh with the 49ers took an interesting twist on Friday with the PFT report that the 49ers nearly traded Harbaugh to the Browns for multiple draft picks.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I don't care how much the Rams have to spend. They CANNOT let Rodger Saffold get to a Division Rival and quite frankly, he should be the #1 priority for them. He's an Elite Guard.
Agreed, hopefully he sneaks under the radar because I'm not going more than 7 mill for him.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
To see if the offer was good enough to accept. If they could have gotten what Tampa gave up for Gruden I would have done it without thinking twice. Coaches are easily replaceable if there's enough talent. With the talent they already have plus all those high draft picks they'd get from that situation, they could definitely win a Super Bowl with a Ken Wisenhunt, Lovie Smith, or whatever similar guy will be available next year.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

University of Texas would be a bit different because I don't think he'd go back to the college ranks unless maybe it was for the Michigan job, but even that would be a bit of a shock. At this point he can become a Free Agent when his contract runs up and somebody will give him the type of control that the Seahawks gave to Holmgren.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Agreed, hopefully he sneaks under the radar because I'm not going more than 7 mill for him.

I think as long as the Rams come close to other offers, Saffold would stay. I heard he likes it here.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns would be brilliant to make that trade. Harbaugh is a great coach and a great offensive coach. He is the second best coach in the league in my eyes. Cleveland could stabilize with a guy of his caliber. They might blow those picks anyways so might as well trade them for a top coach.

I feel like this is more of a story than what actually happened. It sounds like a contract negotiations move. I honestly don't see why the 49ers would be stupid enough not to just pay the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That report came today. About the Browns.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawak...titive-tension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-despite-wins/

I'm not sure if that's a reason or the reason that Harbaugh even considered the Browns thing.

But I think money and power are two things that are very appealing to him. And the other report states they aren't willing to pay him "Super Bowl winning coach" bucks until he wins one.

You can deny all these reports all you want, but they're out there for a reason and all of them together paint a picture.
That's the worst logic ever. There are tons of reports that came out today, from the horse's mouth even (Jed) that there is no merit to the apparent rumors of friction between Baalke and Harbaugh, and that a trade between both teams was ever even legitimate.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...clears-air-jim

Posted a few days after the articles you gave me. From Trent himself. Like I said earlier, both Harbaugh and Baalke have acknowledged that they have disagreements in their line of work, but it doesn't mean they can't continually find ways to compromise.

So yes, I will choose to deny something that has no basis to form a conclusion except unnamed "sources". LOL at "paint a picture". The problem is that the canvas doesn't exist. And yeah, EVERYTHING the media throws out has to have some legitimacy to it. I mean, we clearly live in an age where every journalist or hack on the radio never takes things out of context, or straight up lies. I mean, if it's out in the open there most be some truth to it!

It's going to be hilarious to bring this up months from now after the offseason fireworks have vanished. Just like the deal with the University of Texas.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-21-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Yeah. I think we're done here.

Quote:
Jim Harbaugh ‏@JimHarbaugh49 7h

Did any really think I was going to Cleveland? Haha
Quote:
Jim Harbaugh concurred with 49ers CEO Jed York’s Twitter-issued statement and said ProFootballTalk.com’s report “isn’t true,” a viral story in which the team allegedly considered trading Harbaugh to the Cleveland Browns for multiple draft picks before he opted against the blockbuster move.

Initially responding via text message, Harbaugh told me: “For the record, I echo Jed York’s comment… ‘isn’t true.’ I know nothing about a trade with the Cleveland Browns and us involving me.”
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ade-isnt-true/

"But...but...PFT said this and that, and...something about painting pictures..." o.O

Quote:
Old 02-22-2014, 12:01 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbaugh wants more power, control and money. All of which is something that the 49ers arent going to give him. Personally, I wouldnt pay Harbaugh more than what he's getting simply because he hasnt won a Super Bowl. He has two years left on his contract. If he wants to be paid like a Super Bowl winning head coach, he needs to win the Super Bowl. Very simple.

If Harbaugh doesnt want to coach the 49ers for what York is offering him in a pay raise, then quite honestly, he can **** off and take Roman and Fangio with him. Harbaugh used Texas as leverage and wanted to go to the Browns but backed out. Guy is a power hungry egomaniac control freak.

If I had to choose between Harbaugh and Baalke, I would tell Harbaugh, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What else is Harbaugh and York going to say? Its true? 95% of what all these coaches, GM's, etc. say is bullcrap. Better off assuming the opposite is true because more times than not, it is.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

The funny thing is that this happens every offseason. People just forget. And they're so quick to believe because PFT or whomever said so. Even some of the stories that make no sense at all and have a longshot of actually being true.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-22-2014 at 12:11 AM.