Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Every offseason is its own animal. Just because he's had tendencies in the past doesn't mean he's not going to judge this offseason individually and make decisions based on where the team is at right now.

There's literally no way to prove that he's going to be idle in FA this year.

As for Byrd, he'd pay him because it's a much different situation than Goldson or Whitner. For starters - he better than both players. It's entirely possible they'll pounce on that move even though they didn't sign either inferior safety in previous years. I think you're confusing selectiveness with being allergic to FA. Also, they're 3 years NFCCG with no SB. There's more pressure to get as good as possible as soon as possible. That means adding an impact guy if they can.

I mean, I hope you're right. But it makes sense that they'll at least sniff around the two top safeties considering their situation.
Tendencies count for something though. Baalke has had a pattern, and pattern indicates purpose. He won't start firing random shots in the dark or start making it rain excessively. What he has done has worked for the team, and there really isn't a time capsule on a plan if it keeps working. There really isn't a reason for him to deviate from his successful strategy in the past. Sure there isn't a way to prove that he won't go along the same lines as he has been. But it's about probability. I usually drive to my closest bank. No one could say for sure that I'll take my car on my next trip there, but one could probably deduce that I will use my car instead of walking.

Example from another team. The Packers usually build through the draft and are pretty selective about their free agents as well, who usually come at a premium price. Apparently that is going to change this season though. We'll see.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I can't imagine Gore has much left in him based on history.
I'm already looking forward to a shared-role with Hunter and Lattimore. At least I hope so. Hunter has been criminally underused. Lattimore is the future so he can't be phased out either. Gore's best days are behind him. I'd be surprised if he notched another 1000 yard season.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2014, 06:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's completely fair. I'm not predicting anything either way. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to not at least consider it from his perspective. Like you said, we'll see.

My main point in the conversation is that each offseason is different. Each choice is a new choice and an opportunity that is its own individual opportunity that has never been there before. It's like "The Bengals won't draft a TE" thing. Eventually they did.

Not saying it's going to happen, but it really wouldn't be surprising to see them make a big move to me. Hopefully I'll be wrong... but as you say - we'll see.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Red Bryant will not be brought back, I guess they will pencil in Jesse Williams at 4t-DE. Williams weighs the same as Bryant, so it makes sense. He missed all of his rookie season in 2013 with an injury.

I would want to keep Frank Gore as long as possible too. But remember that running backs have short shelf lives because of the physical punishment.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Now that Red Bryant will not be brought back, I guess they will pencil in Jesse Williams at 4t-DE. Williams weighs the same as Bryant, so it makes sense. He missed all of his rookie season in 2013 with an injury.

I would want to keep Frank Gore as long as possible too. But remember that running backs have short shelf lives because of the physical punishment.
I don't think they can count on Williams. They are going to have to find a starting left end somewhere though. Williams, Greg Scruggs, and Jordan Hill are recently drafted young guys who will get a stab at the job but I'd guess the starter at 5tech will be a rookie or FA signing.

Also, if I had to predict, I'd say that Harbaugh does eventually get his extension and cooler heads will prevail.

But it's hard to ignore all these stories coming out. He clearly has some issues with Baalke and/or executives.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...t-top-150?pg=1

Rotoworld's Top 150 free agents.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Gettleman has cleared ~$10M in salary cap via restructuring. Looks like Hardy is going to remain a Panther.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully they can keep Mitchell,Munnerlyn and Gross too
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Hopefully they can keep Mitchell,Munnerlyn and Gross too
Unfortunately for them that's not longer possible; Gross has decided to retire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-will-retire/
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
Unfortunately for them that's not longer possible; Gross has decided to retire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-will-retire/
Jordan Gross had a quiet but great career. Hard to believe he's been around that long.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock Free Agent Signings

You might have seen mock free agency on other sites by bloggers or posters, but I invented it back in my CBSsports.com days (not that it's an achievement comparable to the Manhattan Project, but I'll toot my own horn anyway). This is a chance for you to attack me for coming up with what you think are horrible ideas for your team. A typical reply might be: "We don't have the cap room for that!" (like I'm supposed to research cap space situations for 32 teams). This is just for fun and speculation; don't take it too seriously (because I don't).

NOTE 1: This will not coincide to the mock drafts I will post later, so don't reply to my mock drafts with "But you already filled that position in your mock FA signings!"

NOTE 2: Since the list of current free agents is as long as "War and Peace", I excluded: A) players that I don't think are very significant (such as backup QBs and backup offensive lineman) and B) players who I think will re-sign with their current teams.

Bills
Corey Graham (CB, BAL): Graham proved he could be a solid starter after Jimmy Smith was injured.

Will Smith (DE, NO): He would provide experience to go with Mario Williams.

Dolphins
Willie Colon (G, NYJ): Miami needs to regroup on the offensive line after the ugly locker room controversy.

Darren McFadden (RB, OAK): The talented but inconsistent Lamar Miller may be better as a #2 running back.

Patriots
Calvin Pace (ELB, NYJ): The veteran Pace would provide competition for incumbent starter Rob Ninkovich at the lone edge rushing linebacker position in New England’s defense.

Jets
Maurice Jones-Drew (RB, OAK): The young Geno Smith could use some help in the running game.

Sidney Rice (WR, SEA): Santonio Holmes is in serious danger of getting cut.

Ravens
Roman Harper (S, NO): Harper replaces James Ihedigbo at strong safety.

Bengals
Brian De La Puente (C, NO): BDLP would make a solid duo in the middle with guard Kevin Zeitler.

Richie Incognito (G, MM): Owner/GM Mike Brown has no problem bringing in troublemakers, but the infamous guard allows Andrew Whitworth to return to left tackle.

Browns
Louis Delmas (S, DET): The defense is in need of a free safety to go with SS T.J. Ward (who I think is returning).

Chris Johnson (RB, TEN): A rookie quarterback could use a good running back to take some mental pressure off of him.

Steelers
Ahmad Bradshaw (RB, IND): The Steelers stress their hard running tradition with a big back.

Tyson Jackson (34E, KC): 3-4 end Brett Keisel is getting close to retirement, and the former #3 overall pick Jackson could be the one to replace him.

Texans
B.J. Raji (NT, GB): DC Romeo Crennel coaches a two-gap 3-4 system, and Raji returns to his old position.

Colts
Tyson Clabo (OT, MM): The Colts are subpar across the offensive line, and Clabo becomes the right tackle.

Carlos Rogers (CB, SF): Cornerback is another position of need.

Jaguars
Michael Robinson (FB, SEA): The Jaguars like playing a fullback with 3-WR on first down, and Robinson is a solid blocker.

Justin Tuck (DE, NYG): Sometimes guys who already have rings go to bad teams to chase money, and there’s plenty of cap space in northeastern Florida.

Titans
Adam Carriker (34E, WSH): Carriker is claiming the Redskins want him back, but that’s not the word on the street.

Knowshon Moreno (RB, DEN): Tennessee finds a less expensive replacement for Chris Johnson.

Broncos
Vontae Davis (CB, IND): I have a feeling that Champ Bailey will retire this offseason.

Chiefs
James Jones (WR, GB): The Chiefs organization has said they are looking for free agent help at wide receiver.

Quintin Mikell (S, CAR): The veteran safety can play strong or free, and plays FS with SS Eric Berry.

Raiders
Jared Allen (DE, MNN): The famed sack artist returns to the AFC West to fill a big need at right end.

Jonathan Vilma (ILB, NO): Oakland needs experience, and Vilma has seen it all in the NFL (including the Saints bounty scandal).

Chargers
Jabari Greer (CB, NO): Now that Philip Rivers has cut down on throwing interceptions, Greer can come in and try to cause a few opposing QBs to throw a few picks.

Jonathan Martin (OT, MM): Manti Te’o had a smooth transition in SD from an embarrassing incident, and Martin does the same.

Cowboys
Jairus Byrd (S, BUF): Byrd allows Barry Church to return to strong safety (or at least as much as SS exists in a Cover-2.)

Kevin Williams (DT, MNN): The Cover-2 is light on blitzing and depends on a strong pass rush from the lineman, including the tackles.

Giants
John Jerry (G, MM): Tom Caughlin is strong enough to keep one of the Martin harassers in line.

Dustin Keller (TE, MM): Keller returns to the New York area to help slot receiver Victor Cruz in the middle of the field.

Eagles
Red Bryant (34E, SEA): We all hear about Chip Kelly’s offense, but they need some help on D.

Kendrick Lewis (S, KC): Lewis’s play has slipped in KC, but coaches always think they can get the most out of players.

Redskins
Karlos Dansby (ILB, ARZ): This is a good replacement for the retired London Fletcher.

Asante Samuel (CB, ATL): Owner Dan Snyder loves to bring in washed up old players and pay them large amounts of money.

Bears
Greg Jones (FB, HST): The Bears not only like using a fullback, but they need to do something about their failure to pick up first downs on short yardage.

Pat McAfee (P, IND): Sports analysts in Chicago have been complaining about the play of punter Adam Podlesh.

Lions
Dan Carpenter (K, BUF): Injured rookie Dustin Hopkins takes over inr Buffalo, but Carpenter finds a place to go as David Akers’s replacement.

Eric Decker (WR, DEN): Detroit has two of its three starting wide receiver spots to fill. Decker takes care of one, and they use a rookie for the slot.

Packers
Riley Cooper (WR, PHL): The Packers won’t re-sign James Jones, and Cooper doesn’t cost too much to replace him.

Vikings
Henry Melton (DT, CHC): Kevin Williams isn’t expected back, and Melton picks up where Williams left off as a pass rushing tackle.

Josh Wilson (CB, WSH): Head coach Mike Zimmer, the former Bengals DC, is used to having good cornerbacks.

Falcons
James Ihedigbo (S, BAL): Coaches like competition within their team, and the former Raven challenges William Moore at SS.

Panthers
James Anderson (OLB, CHC): Carolina tried getting by with Chase Blackburn, but Anderson makes a return to Charlotte.

Khalif Barnes (OT, OAK): Now that Jordan Gross has retired, the Panthers could use two offensive tackles. Barnes fills the right tackle spot.

Saints
Hakeem Nicks (WR, NYG): The Saints like playing with 4-WR sets, but an injury to Joe Morgan and a dropoff in production by Lance Moore cut down on using the spread last season.

Buccaneers
Nate Burleson (WR, DET): New OC Jeff Tedford wants a 3-WR set as a basic framework to the offense, and Burleson starts in the slot.

Michael Vick (QB, PHL): Most teams in need of a quarterback will rely on the draft, but Lovie Smith and Jeff Tedford are unsure about Mike Glennon. Vick battles Glennon for the spot.

Cardinals
Branden Albert (OT, KC): It seems that the offensive line has been a problem since they were the Chicago Cardinals.

49ers
Keith Rivers (ILB, NYG): NaVorro Bowman will miss a good deal of the season, and Rivers would be a veteran fill-in.

Seahawks
Ropati Pitoitua (DE4, TEN): The Seahawks will want another big 4-technique end to replace Red Bryant in the 4-3 under defense.

Rams
Brandon Meriweather (S, WSH): DC Gregg Williams won’t be paying bounties anymore, but will still want a dirty hitter to possibly knock out opposing players.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harper is a pretty bad fit for the Ravens. Newsome and the rest have even stated that they're looking for a more athletic safety to pair with Elam so he can move to strong safety.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried getting by with Chase Blackburn? He was no stud, but he was reliable. I'd gladly keep him as a starter, and his replacement is already on the roster. People need to stop forcing the linebacker to Carolina narrative. Also, if we're signing a FA OT, it's going to be someone who can play on the left sid

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Cursed_Since_1957
Rookie

Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cursed_Since_1957 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't see the Lions spending 8-10 million on Decker with their on going cap issues. Meh on Carpenter.
Cursed_Since_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look for the Jaguars to make a hard run at any Seahawks that come available, especially on defense. Wouldn't be surprised to see them end up with Big Red, Thurmond and Clemons if the Hawks release him, as well as some backups that become available.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Look for the Jaguars to make a hard run at any Seahawks that come available, especially on defense. Wouldn't be surprised to see them end up with Big Red, Thurmond and Clemons if the Hawks release him, as well as some backups that become available.
Not totally convinced about Bennett either.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think AZ can afford someone like Albert but I do think we are in great position to draft a LT in the 1st

Fitzgerald's contract just limits us so much even with the restructure

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone is going to probably over pay some for Branden Albert but he is still a really good LT. I never lost sleep knowing he was the Chiefs LT.

I don't look for the Chiefs to do much in FA. They want to lock up Alex Smith and both Eric Berry and Justin Houston only have one year left on their deals.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

Quote:
Also, if [the Panthers are] signing a FA OT, it's going to be someone who can play on the left side.
I would rather sign a FA right tackle because they're cheaper, and draft a left tackle.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw an article about how due to the FO situation, this is a 'make or break' year for Harbaugh in SF. Yeah, okay. Talk about laughable. 3 straight NFC championships not enough, hm, and a Super Bowl? Take it from a fan who watched Boss Ross got escorted out of town after a Super Bowl appearance because the owners liked the GM more: don't underestimate coaching's impact on success.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
just saw an article about how due to the FO situation, this is a 'make or break' year for Harbaugh in SF. Yeah, okay. Talk about laughable. 3 straight NFC championships not enough, hm, and a Super Bowl? Take it from a fan who watched Boss Ross got escorted out of town after a Super Bowl appearance because the owners liked the GM more: don't underestimate coaching's impact on success.
That's what I've been saying. A team's success usually depends on management, but there is a reason why there are great head coaches, average ones, and horrible ones. If Jed York, Paraag Marathe, and Trent Baalke think they're invincible without Harbaugh or that they'll just be able to fill his shoes easily, then they're in for a rude awakening.

All in all I think this blows over sooner rather than later with Harbaugh getting his money not soon after the draft. I'd be surprised if it got to an AJ Smith/Marty Schottenheimer situation. Or Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson fiasco.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Harbaugh truly thinks that he's great and can win without Baalke and company, then he shouldnt have been a pansy ass and backed out in going to Cleveland. Harbaugh should have said "hell yeah" and then we could have seen how great he would do with no qb and no rb.

Harbaugh is overrated. He's good but cant be considered great until he wins a Super Bowl. Currently, he's nothing more than a poor man's Andy Reid.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed_Since_1957 View Post
Can't see the Lions spending 8-10 million on Decker with their on going cap issues. Meh on Carpenter.
While I don't see us spending on Decker, we are actually in very good cap shape even with those 3 big contracts on the books. Lewand is a cap master.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
If Harbaugh truly thinks that he's great and can win without Baalke and company, then he shouldnt have been a pansy ass and backed out in going to Cleveland. Harbaugh should have said "hell yeah" and then we could have seen how great he would do with no qb and no rb.

Harbaugh is overrated. He's good but cant be considered great until he wins a Super Bowl. Currently, he's nothing more than a poor man's Andy Reid.
I'd take Harbaugh over Reid any day. He turned the 49ers around immediately and have already built them into a perennial contender. 41-14-1 in your first three years of coaching, including five playoff wins, a Super Bowl appearance, an additional NFC Championship appearance, and two division titles. Reid's teams have always been plagued by poor clock management, discipline issues, etc. Maybe the sample size isn't as large, but I'm more confident that Harbaugh will win a title over the rest of his career than Reid will.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

I don't think Harbaugh really turned them around. They already had Gore,Crabtree,Staley,Iupati,Davis,Davis,J.Smith,Wi llis,Bowman,Whitner,Goldson,Brooks and Mcdonald at that point and were in the process of drafting A.Smith and Kap.

He walked into a ready made team and got more credit than he deserved. He didn't turn Alex Smith around, Smith finally had some stability, some help and his health.

I like Harbaugh, but I don't think they'll fall apart without him. Go get someone solid and you'll be fine.