Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Browns have signed Andrew Hawkins to a deal. If the Bengals don't match, I kind of like that move. Hawkins is a pesky and solid little player.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
15 mil / year for Jimmy Graham!
Saints gotta open up that cap space to sign Byrd somehow...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Predictions on where Ware ends up?
Philly to stick it to Dallas.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breed View Post
Bucs are paying Carl Nicks 8mill a year
Carl Nicks is a hell of a lot better than Roger Saffold.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Dang when did teams shift so much of a premium on the Safety position? It's been all Safeties getting the big deals, and almost all of the names at Corner are sitting around besides Vontae Davis being re-signed.

Has the logistics of dealing with Cornerback contracts gotten so crazy that teams are avoiding hammering out deals alltogether until the market settles?
I'd imagine the possibility of a Revis release has slowed things down in the cornerback market somewhat as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dang when did teams shift so much of a premium on the Safety position? It's been all Safeties getting the big deals, and almost all of the names at Corner are sitting around besides Vontae Davis being re-signed.

Has the logistics of dealing with Cornerback contracts gotten so crazy that teams are avoiding hammering out deals alltogether until the market settles?
The teams are quietly in the corner, being talked out of calling the big names and just mumbling "**** you Green Bay..."

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So give it to me straight, I know that Jenkins missed tackles last year...but how was the guy in coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Carl Nicks is a hell of a lot better than Roger Saffold.
And actually has a shot at playing more than 10 healthy games. I love Rodger but he isn't worth 8/year. Nicks was a multiple pro-bowler.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
So, from what I can tell the Jets have about 25 million they are required to spend (assuming they don't cut Sanchez). Who exactly are they planning to spend it on? Because apparently the only person they spent any money on today was Nick Folk.
They were showing interest in Pettigrew. Verner hasn't signed yet. Vick too.

Last edited by Scotty D : 03-11-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Peppers? Are the Bears just going to keep him?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I can't imagine they will, they are trying to do what TB is doing. Waiting till the last possible second to see if they can get a trade.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
The teams are quietly in the corner, being talked out of calling the big names and just mumbling "**** you Green Bay..."
The one and only time Green Bay overpays, they break the CB payscale. I like Ted's style.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
The one and only time Green Bay overpays, they break the CB payscale. I like Ted's style.
He's a dick. This one time.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Does Jonathan Banks even fit in with Lovie Smith either?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 for 25 for Mitchell. I guess that's not a terrible deal.
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So give it to me straight, I know that Jenkins missed tackles last year...but how was the guy in coverage?
To be honest he was overall solid in coverage, some blown assignments but everyone has their share of those. He occasionally played some Nickel after the Greer injury. (which some Saints fans feel is his natural position)

Overall it's frustrating because every once in a while Jenkins flashes and makes a great play, be it an instinctual Interception, a forced fumble, or just a really nice pass break up; but he is just so inconsistent on a down to down basis. With poor pursuit angles, biting on play action, bad tackling attempts breaking down to early and diving at air.

He's not the worst player in the world, and will probably be a decent player unless you are expecting him to be the saviour of your Secondary and make him play Sole Center field Safety every down. He's just not someone I'd throw a premium long term deal at. Who knows maybe the change of scenery will do him some good and he will realize more of his potential over there in Philly.

Last edited by Auron : 03-11-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a fan of a different NFC North team, this is the kind of news that does not scare me.
Hes an above average WR, could be very above average with Megatron on the other side.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Mitchell got 5 years @ 25 mil. I wanted him, but not THAT much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Gave up the second most yards of all safeties, so that's nice.

Quote:
Trying to get him to sign a new contract for peanuts. I wish they'd just cut him loose and let him start looking for a job, because he's not going to be here.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
James Jones is better than Golden Tate.
Absolutely not true.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons gave Paul Soliah over 30M for 6 years. Meh... I guess it was the best move for 2014.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Mitchell got 5 years @ 25 mil. I wanted him, but not THAT much.
$5 per year is pretty good compared to the likes of Whitner and Bethea.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Oh yeah.

Are the Falcons moving to a 3-4? They signed two players who fit a 3-4 better and have literally no one else that should dictate what their scheme is (maybe Weatherspoon).
Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Wow. Crazy that Jenkins was the LAST leftover from the Saints SB winning D.

YES!! Peppers finally released.

Also, Ware is expected to move quickly. I suspect he'll sign with a playoff team by tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh yeah.

Are the Falcons moving to a 3-4? They signed two players who fit a 3-4 better and have literally no one else that should dictate what their scheme is (maybe Weatherspoon).
We re-signed 2 DT and both are more of the 4-3 mold. Pass rusher looks to be the move at 6 when considering these moves but OT is obviously a possibility as well.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
To be honest he was overall solid in coverage, some blown assignments but everyone has their share of those. He occasionally played some Nickel after the Greer injury. (which some Saints fans feel is his natural position)

Overall it's frustrating because every once in a while Jenkins flashes and makes a great play, be it an instinctual Interception, a forced fumble, or just a really nice pass break up; but he is just so inconsistent on a down to down basis. With poor pursuit angles, biting on play action, bad tackling attempts breaking down to early and diving at air.

He's not the worst player in the world, and will probably be a decent player unless you are expecting him to be the saviour of your Secondary and make him play Sole Center field Safety every down. He's just not someone I'd throw a premium long term deal at. Who knows maybe the change of scenery will do him some good and he will realize more of his potential over there in Philly.
Yeah, Davis didn't play a ton of single high...he actually runs a scheme that kinda needs the two safeties to be somewhat interchangable...I am very interested to see how it goes. Ward didn't really fit what Davis runs, but at the same time I'm a little pissed he was signed at 5.5.

Quote: