Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Sneaky good offseason for the G-men. They're my pick to win the division now.
With all that offensive talent...?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants need to improve the offense to return to the postseason. That includes playcalling with a new OC, Eli, the OL, the receivers, and the RBs. Whether you replace them or they play better.

People don't even realize that the Giants had a top 10 D last year in DVOA.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
With all that offensive talent...?
So Schwartz, a new center and new offensive coordinator and Jennings aren't anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
They're paying Sanchez with English poundmarks? Damn, they really turned on him, didn't they?
Sanchez would be happy with that deal. That's approx $3.3m. ;)
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, Giants are definitely in desperation mode with Coughlin. He knows this is his last year unless he somehow makes it to a third Super Bowl.

Domonique Rodgers Cromartie is a complete dog of a player who quits on teams if things aren't going 100% well.

Giants fans who are happy about this signing apparently did not watch any of the Giants games vs. the Eagles in 2011 and 2012.
Jomoz (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in news ignoring literally everything jomoz says:

James Jones to the Raiders on a 3 year deal.

So, uhm, who the **** is Cam gonna throw to?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Jomoz (Thumper)
Rookie

Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walterfootball.com nails this signing:

Quote:
Everyone on Twitter is pointing out how great of a signing this is, and how this is part of a wonderful offseason the Giants are having. The popular opinion is often wrong, however, and that is definitely the case when it comes to this transaction.

People tend to have short memories. Just one year ago, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was coming off an awful stint in Philadelphia. The Eagle fans and media all agreed that instead of "Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie," the DRC acronym should stand for "Doesn't Really Care." DRC, after all, gave zero effort with Philadelphia, so he had to take a 1-year "prove it" deal with Denver, where he actually played up to his potential. Thanks to that great season, Rodgers-Cromartie was able to cash in - and in doing so, he conned another team into overpaying him.

I don't know what the hell the Giants are thinking. How can they pay so much money to a player who has shown on multiple occasions that he's willing to be lethargic as long as he's compensated well? Didn't they pay attention to what happened with their divisional rival in 2011 and 2012? Why would they suddenly think Rodgers-Cromartie has turned things around, especially when he was so easily willing to b ack off his retirement promises in the wake of receiving a big contract like this?
(http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2014recap.php)

Classic case of a lazy player with lots of physical talent but no effort or heart having a career year during a contract season, and then signing a long term deal with a team and going back to not trying.
Jomoz (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

I guess Jones was lobbying for the Panthers. They must have their sights set on something else. Lord knows what that is.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

so, you're not knocking his talent but his level of caring...

when i think the main reason for the signing was a chance to win and to play with his very good friend Rolle. Right. Nice try.

He's not even good at trolling anymore. It's not even fun.

but seriously, poor Cammy Cam
Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I guess Jones was lobbying for the Panthers. They must have their sights set on something else. Lord knows what that is.
draft 2 WR's within the first 3 rounds and be every draftniks favorite team
Quote:
Old 03-17-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are still a bunch of veteran WRs who can start.

I'd feel way better starting Santonio Holmes if I was paying actual star backs star-back money and didn't have my all-pro LT retire on me, though.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers have managed their roster weirdly. Fortunately, it's not like Cam relies on timing with his receivers. I think anyone can jump into that offense and be as up to speed as possible without much work with Cam.

Holmes would be a really good fit.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Raiders will shop Danrius Moore, worth a late round pick for the Panthers. Moore has big play potential will be a good fit. we'll see.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
I bet Raiders will shop Danrius Moore, worth a late round pick for the Panthers. Moore has big play potential will be a good fit. we'll see.
Why would they do such a thing? Please call the Patriots.

Moore would be viewed as one of the best WRs in the NFL with Cam throwing to him. They're a perfect match.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Britt is still out there. Cam and Kenny seem like a perfect fit...on paper.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so, you're not knocking his talent but his level of caring...

when i think the main reason for the signing was a chance to win and to play with his very good friend Rolle. Right. Nice try.

He's not even good at trolling anymore. It's not even fun.

but seriously, poor Cammy Cam
I like DRC, Scotty..I really do...but the guy really could have cared less while he was here in Philly. He was a ******* beast this year in Denver, he was showing big things at the end of his time in Arizona as well. Whether or not that is a trend of him just playing when he feels like or just some up and down play....I don't know. But his time here in Philly, we saw (and heard about) a very lazy DRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, officially trying out for the Panthers.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inb4 Panthers draft a WR in round 1 and then trade a first from next years draft to grab another one and then trade a first from 2016 to draft another one
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't completely write off Marvin McNutt. I liked him as a poor man's Anquan Boldin coming out. He could be ok as the fourth option behind Olsen and two other wideouts.

I still have a man crush on Jerhico Cotchery, too. He's looking for a job.

Those two + a number one type in the draft + Greg Olsen at TE...not the worst receiving corps in the league.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-17-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I like DRC, Scotty..I really do...but the guy really could have cared less while he was here in Philly. He was a ******* beast this year in Denver, he was showing big things at the end of his time in Arizona as well. Whether or not that is a trend of him just playing when he feels like or just some up and down play....I don't know. But his time here in Philly, we saw (and heard about) a very lazy DRC.
He was playing out of position, the team was a mess, the front of the defense was awful, he was probably mad (rightfully) they brought in Nnamdi. They didn't live up to the hype, they had a lameduck coach.

If there were ever circumstances that a player wouldn't give his all - it was a talented guy like DRC in that mess. Nnamdi was eating alone in his car at the time.

I'm not saying it's OK - what I'm saying is that those circumstances aren't going to happen in NY, and in ARI and DEN he was good, so...
Old 03-17-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Inb4 Panthers draft a WR in round 1 and then trade a first from next years draft to grab another one and then trade a first from 2016 to draft another one
That's how it rolls.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Would this be a bad move?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants signed WR/KR/PR Trindon Holliday
Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Berry visited today.

Oh mah gawd

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote