Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#Raiders agree to terms with OT Jared Gaither, according to league source

Happy dance!!!
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I hate that argument. They just resigned a lot of players who were on a ****** team, but that doesn't make them ****** players. They resigned a lot of good players. They traded of Olsen. I think Newton could have a VY type impact for the Panthers. I think 6 or 7 wins is definitely obtainable.
^^This^^^. Thanks for dispelling a rather superficial argument that a bad team has nothing but bad players and NONE of them are worthy of being resigned.

Certainly Carolina has a lot of chaff on the roster but there are obviously some quality also.
ArkyRamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if they're good players I don't know how you justify paying Charles Johnson 72 million dollars after one good year and DeAngelo Williams 43 million when they already have Jonathan Stewart.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp on a call with Joe Theismann is just the worst.
No where near as bad as Joey T and Matt Millen doing commentary on NFLN. That will NEVER be equaled.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No he doesn't. The Falcons absolutely stole him.

Charles Johnson is probably better, but this just makes that deal look absolutely pathetic for Carolina.
I think Edwards probably got paid what he is worth. He's a run stopper with average pass rush ability and he takes plays off. I think Falcons fans think they are getting the Edwards that showed up against the Cowboys in the playoffs but that game was definitely an outlier.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
^^This^^^. Thanks for dispelling a rather superficial argument that a bad team has nothing but bad players and NONE of them are worthy of being resigned.
I don't think anyone said that, but maybe they didn't need to spend 191 million dollars to sign 4 players from a 2-14 team. Or, if they did, maybe it was a mistake.

Honestly, I just see no argument here at all. It's not just that the team was awful, it's also that, in a vacuum, they still overpaid for all four of them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paying $43m for a 28 year old running back when you have a capable replacement on the roster is rather puzzling.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I think Edwards probably got paid what he is worth. He's a run stopper with average pass rush ability and he takes plays off. I think Falcons fans think they are getting the Edwards that showed up against the Cowboys in the playoffs but that game was definitely an outlier.

Defensive ends usually get paid. 5 years 30 million is nothing for an above average one, which is what Edwards is, especially when Charles Johnson got more than DOUBLE that a few days ago.

Although I have no clue where this top 10 DE ******** is coming from. Without really thinking too hard about it at all I'd put him around the top 25.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More bad #49ers news: 7th round pick Curtis Holcomb ruptured his Achilles tendon Thurs. CB will have surgery and is likely out for season.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they overpaid. They could have let DeAngelo walk and used that money to sign Jonathan Joseph.

I think their defense is solid though still. They have an underrated LB core, especially if Thomas Davis can rekindle some magic, they have a promising set of young DEs, and an ok secondary. Good oline, good run game, a good TE now and a old but still effective WR.

I don't think they're as bad as people think.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Paying $43m for a 28 year old running back when you have a capable replacement on the roster is rather puzzling.

Yes. Resigning Deangelo Williams was quietly one of the dumbest moves of this FA season. Jonathan Stewart is well above average and Mike Goodson is a capable #2. A terrible team investing so much money in a position that doesn't require a lot of money to be invested in it is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention given that few RB's produce after 30 the chances of him living up to that contract by the last couple years is slim to none.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Question to all Vikings fans. Was Ray Edwards an guy who played just about every snap? I've witnessed the taking plays off things in games I've seen, but just curious as the Falcons are usually very heavy in rotating their DL.

And the Panther's aren't THAT bad. Good OL, good ground game, alright defense. But they aren't good either, and the QB situation is going to plague them for at least 4 more years. The notion that they are going to finish ahead of Atlanta is also hilarious.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Question to all Vikings fans. Was Ray Edwards an guy who played just about every snap? I've witnessed the taking plays off things in games I've seen, but just curious as the Falcons are usually very heavy in rotating their DL.

He played most snaps yes. Brian Robison got some action on 3rd downs.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. I see Carolina going 6-10. With some luck maybe 7-9 but let's say 6-10.

I got the Falcons going 7-9. Potentially 8-8.

Bucs 9-7 or 10-6. Saints 12-4.

Not every team in the league can go 10-6. It's just not how it works. Some teams will rise, some teams will fall. We see it every year.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He played most snaps yes. Brian Robison got some action on 3rd downs.
Thanks. Wonder how much we'll rotate him, since him being here finally closes the revolving door we've had there the past few year. Currently, Babineaux is the only "Iron Man" of our line.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Not every team in the league can go 10-6. It's just not how it works. Some teams will rise, some teams will fall. We see it every year.
I think it's absolutely freakin' hilarious that you're so adamant about the Falcons being 7-9, but you have confidence that the ************* Panthers can win 6 or 7 games. Just, mind blowing. You're a guy that some posters looked to for actual insight and knowledge and now it seems you just enjoy throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks. You don't just fluke your way to 14 wins, and the Falcons have arguably gotten a lot better this off-season. I can't wait to see how you try to justify your terrible opinion when the Falcons make the playoffs again.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I find it very tough to believe we're going to have a 6 game swing. You very well may be right, I just find it hard to believe. Personally, I think this is a 10-6 WC team. (Saints still a bit above us, and Bucs still a bit below).

*And it's also way too early to be making projections
Old 07-29-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just a prediction. And the NFC South doesn't play the NFC West this year so naturally that will make their scheds tougher.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans going 16-0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors heating up that Channing Crowder is on his way to Buffalo

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
I think it's absolutely freakin' hilarious that you're so adamant about the Falcons being 7-9, but you have confidence that the ************* Panthers can win 6 or 7 games. Just, mind blowing. You're a guy that some posters looked to for actual insight and knowledge and now it seems you just enjoy throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks. You don't just fluke your way to 14 wins, and the Falcons have arguably gotten a lot better this off-season. I can't wait to see how you try to justify your terrible opinion when the Falcons make the playoffs again.

Had to be done.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Had to be done.
I'm pretty irritated, yes, and i don't even like the Falcons. That's how stupid i think it is.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I find it very tough to believe we're going to have a 6 game swing. You very well may be right, I just find it hard to believe. Personally, I think this is a 10-6 WC team. (Saints still a bit above us, and Bucs still a bit below).

*And it's also way too early to be making projections
Nothing personal bro. I just see a drop off this season. I could be wrong, and if I am I'll be the first to admit it.

For what its worth, I have Atlanta, Chicago, and Seattle being the 3 teams in the NFC not making the playoffs again.

KC, Pittsburgh, and possibly Indy not returning from the AFC.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Titans going 16-0.
That's a good one, almost fell out of my chair.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
I'm pretty irritated, yes, and i don't even like the Falcons. That's how stupid i think it is.
Ok. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No harm done. I'll be the first to admit it. But I'm sticking to my guns with Atlanta.

Less confident in Pittsburgh and Indy and KC but I'll stand by it.

Parity is a curious little critter my friend.