Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That anti-Patriots. We sign all the busts...who dont really have much potential.

And yeah, it is a one year minimum deal for Gholston. Training camp fodder.
Maybe we're trying to get in on the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. We'll see when we trade Lance Briggs to the Iggles for a third this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is Michael Irvin on cocaine always, every minute of every dayon NFL Network? Or just really passionate talking about football? Or both?
Yes.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could see. What's he doing?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Julius Peppers > Rex Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
My homerism is tempted to use Jason Babin as an example for desired DE-turned OLB bust-turned desired DE. Dudes only 25, too, cmon. It's not that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Of course not, but it may mean something to Peppers.

Please tell me I'm being trolled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Burnett to Phins, 5 years
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...se-jacob-bell/

I hope Jerry Angelo gets on this, but I'm afraid that he's just not bad enough at football for him to be interested.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I wish I could see. What's he doing?
He's just been talking really loud, and aggressive for some reason. I've heard his interviews before, so he seems pretty amped up. A bit too much, even if you are excited.

That said, even on cocaine he was actually a breath of fresh air after listening to Jamie Dukes & Warren Sapp. Even Marshall Faulk came on yesterday and was stuttering and pausing so bad in his statements I couldn't even focus on what he was saying.

I'm pretty sure Irvin was high, but he was at least structuring his sentences properly, which is obviously a serious issue with everyone else on there. That, and he didn't need help with trying to figure out the name of any players, which again, nobody else can figure out.

"See the problem with Haynesworth was, he was in Washington where he didn't fit that offense at all" - Jamie Dukes

Funny thing was he kept on rolling without even flinching until someone corrected him way later. But somehow he's the best they can do. Hell give me Sean Salisbury all day over ANY of these bums. I don't need to listen to a stuttering bumbling former player all of the time. Give them 5 mins per show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamie Dukes is beyond stupid. It's pathetic. I don't get why he is still even on the network.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything is better than Warren Sapp getting into a never-ending argument with Theismann about comparing Haynesworth's pass rushing abilities to Sapp himself. Someone needs to get Sapp off TV.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Anything is better than Warren Sapp getting into a never-ending argument with Theismann about comparing Haynesworth's pass rushing abilities to Sapp himself. Someone needs to get Sapp off TV.
Michael Irvin as well.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me sad =(

Quote:
Craig Smith
Mike Williams down in pain, holding his side it appears. Is actually being carted off, but threw his hand up as he went off. Strange.
Edit:

Quote:
TBO Buccaneers
Roy: we're told now that Williams ailment is indeed just a bad cramp. Good news there but a reminder that you must stay hydrated.
Feel alot better now =)

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 07-29-2011 at 08:58 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have signed CB Al (Methuselah) Harris for some reason....

Also, they plan on cutting Jacob Bell tomorrow for refusing to renegotiate his contract. I guess once you start stealing it's kinda hard to stop.

This guy never played like a $36mill+ guard....

Oh well let us hope and pray that John Greco can FINALLY do something with the opportunity.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints re-signed S Roman Harper to a 4-year deal worth $28.5 million, including $16 million guaranteed.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Saints re-signed S Roman Harper to a 4-year deal worth $28.5 million, including $16 million guaranteed.
Wow, talk about overpaying...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harper quietly had one of the better seasons for a safety the last two years. It is a lot though....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Michael Irvin is unbearable.
That's what years of coke does to you. Say no to drugs kids.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No. Just no. Haynesworth isn't 1/2 the DT of Sapp.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
My homerism is tempted to use Jason Babin as an example for desired DE-turned OLB bust-turned desired DE. Dudes only 25, too, cmon. It's not that bad.
Dude can't even make tackles on special teams....

Dude is trash, doesn't play with any heart, looks lost out on the field as a OLB, DT/NT, DE, whiffs on tackles. I think he made 1 or 2 quality plays as a Jet. Biggest play was he got a sack on David Carr of NYG in a preseason game but he rammed with his helmet to Carr's helmet, which cost him the sack and got him a 15 yard penalty. Summarizes his NFL career....frustrating fail.

At least Drew Coleman, as bad was he was often(To his credit he was helpful at times last season) at least tried and showed some resemblance of a football player. Granted he should not be making the money the Jags are paying him but at least he was decent at times. Gholston is just trash....but I can understand why the Bears would look into giving Gholston a try in training camp.

He looks like a specimen but will whiff upon tackle after tackle that it becomes laughable.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 07-29-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Sims Walker is a Ram

Welp RT @MikeSimsWalker: Last nite in orlando, got a early morning flight to catch to the midwest.... Yea its official I'm a RAM!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only a one year deal for some reason.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Only a one year deal for some reason.
He's a weirdo. Very friendly with fans though. Sets up a lot of cool things like buys movie tickets for fans who respond to him on Twitter and they'll all go out. Also bowling, etc.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently there are some very serious concerns with Sims-Walker, off the field stuff. There's a reason the Jags had absolutely no interest in bringing him back.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Apparently there are some very serious concerns with Sims-Walker, off the field stuff. There's a reason the Jags had absolutely no interest in bringing him back.
He's a nice guy who happens to be extremely immature. He'll complain if he doesn't get the ball even if we win. Remember the Hail Mary to Mike Thomas? Sims-Walker was interfered with on the play, but even after he saw that Thomas caught the ball for the win, he stayed on the ground and complained to the official. Very weird.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart Bradley to Arizona official
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OP has been updated. What a rough couple of days.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Clint Session to the Jags isn't there.