Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-15-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
As long as the oline can hold up against their talented dline and our defense to show up and make plays we should be fine. Peterson will go over 100 but as long as we limit the long runs we should be alright.
I completely trust our OLine, I think it is one of the best and most underrated in the league. And yes, Peterson is probably going to destroy us, but hopefully we stack 8 in the line and force Ponder to beat us. Even with 8 in the box, Peterson will run for over 100 though, just probably not get any very long run.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our no. 1 priority of course is going to have to stop AD. Kelly and Seymour will have to really dominate inside and Houston has to do his thing outside as well. I like our front 7's chances vs their line. Other than Jared Allen and Greenway on D they don't have much. Hopefully DMC is back and we can run rampant on them.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMC and Ford are more than likely out, but other than those 2 we will be getting back guys like Huff, Satele, DVD and others. Looks like we could be peaking at the perfect time.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
DMC and Ford are more than likely out, but other than those 2 we will be getting back guys like Huff, Satele, DVD and others. Looks like we could be peaking at the perfect time.
I still want to see a healthy Chris Johnson. He had a very good burn rate last year and he would provide some veteran savvy to the secondary.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our starting DBs this season has been Routt + Whoever is healthy, crazy.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea...Routt's been manning down his spot pretty well but we need to find someone who can stay healthy so its not a revolving door. WHat happened to Chekwa? He looked like he could do alright whenever I saw him.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheppard played well last week, and DVD is suppose to be back this week as the back up. It's unfortunate about CJ, the infection in his hamstring really slowed the healing process but reports say he should be back within the next 3 weeks. Chekwa is still struggling to get healthy, but once he's back I expect some big plays.

Seymour's health is in question, he hasn't practiced all week and we need him to help slow down Peterson.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-17-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like Chekwa is going to the IR, and we signed CB Bryan McCann.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

FFS....I actually like Chekwa. Better than DVD. Hopefully Shep can play well enough and not be a liability.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Chekwa over DVD too. Didn't like DVD coming out of college.

Antoine Winfield out. It was already an awful secondary, but now? The offense should be able to roll.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
FFS....I actually like Chekwa. Better than DVD. Hopefully Shep can play well enough and not be a liability.
Sheppard looked solid and I think he is the type of veteran we needed at CB. Once CJ and DVD are 100% our CB's should look solid, and I think Routt is having a very underrated season. I also think this McCann kid we just signed could be a good one. He has made 2 97+ yard TD's on a INT and Punt Return already and is only 24 years old.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-18-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
I like Chekwa over DVD too. Didn't like DVD coming out of college.

Antoine Winfield out. It was already an awful secondary, but now? The offense should be able to roll.
Yea Winfield doesn't offer much in coverage anymore but he's among the best DBs in the league on run support.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

DMC, Ford, CJ, Chekwa are out, Seymour and Mitchell are questionable. Hue thinks Seymour will play, and we really need to add some depth at dline with Shaughnessy out for the year. I think we should add a pass rushing DE in the draft, Wimbley is our only threat from the outside. Houston is good against the run but isn't tallying up any sacks. He won't fall to the 3rd, but a guy like Vinny Curry from Marshall would be a good pick for us.

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 11-19-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, we keep flatting out on the 2nd half. This is going to cost us against a veteran QB.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ugly win, but we will take it no doubt. If Peterson didn't get hurt we most likely would have lost. At times the defense played very well, but once again the consistency from all positions on defense is lacking. Palmer didn't make any mistakes and as a whole the offense looked solid. I feel bad for DHB though, he was having a very good game before the injury. Hopefully it isn't anything serious, probably just a concussion and he will be out a game.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-20-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense looked great the first half, got a little conservative in the 2nd half. It's understandable because we had a considerable lead for most of that time, but there were a few situations where I wanted to see us throw it. (I <3 Carson BTW lol)

This D is gonna cost us some wins down the road if they don't start playing better and stop taking stupid penalties. The Kelly roughing the passer call was bullcrap, but the rest were all the typical stupid Raider penalties.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say good game guys, but you know, it wasn't a good game, it was an ugly, ugly game. Congrats on the win though, and I pray, please do not let the Broncos get in the playoffs. I could not stand the media **** storm that Tebow in the playoffs would create.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was nice to get to see the rest of the Raider game. I was totally stoned on sedatives as the game was happening, but I still got a chance to watch the Raiders win.

Nice to see Carson Palmer had a solid game and now has very good numbers since the break. In the 3 games since the break, Palmer is 50 for 78 (64%) with 845 yds (10.8 y/a) with 6 TDs and 4 INTs.

That is quality quarterbacking and exactly what the Raiders need and hope for from him. A definitely upgrade over Jason Campbell, Palmer should lead an even more effective offense when McFadden returns. If you consider the Bronco game was his first start (and thus still beginning to get his timing with his receivers) Palmer's stats look even better.

If Palmer builds off of this with more time in the system and with his receivers, I fully expect a strong push in the playoffs.

And yes, I am still under the effects of sedation.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Hopefully we start Wisniewski at Center from here on out, I think he is a much better player than Satele and Heyer did fine at LG. Barksdale should get a shot at LG if Heyer starts to struggle.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've liked Wiz over Satele as well, hopefully they make the change permanent one of these weeks.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Interesting that the Broncos waived Orton now that Chicago is without a QB. Not that Orton is great, but I sure would like to face Hanie over him. Hope someone else claims Orton first. Houston?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Interesting that the Broncos waived Orton now that Chicago is without a QB. Not that Orton is great, but I sure would like to face Hanie over him. Hope someone else claims Orton first. Houston?
I don't think he knows Martz's system, so I don't think they will sign him. Makes a lot more sense for him to go to Houston.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I don't think he knows Martz's system, so I don't think they will sign him. Makes a lot more sense for him to go to Houston.
Rumor has it that the Bears have already put in the waiver claim--which as you say doesn't make sense due to the complexity of Martz' offense.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Even if Chicago does claim him, would that really change things? I mean, I doubt he could just jump in there after less than a week of practice on a new team and be effective. We saw how much Palmer struggled when he replaced Boller after halftime, and Carson was relatively familiar with Hue and his system.

My guess is they would still roll with Hanie this week even if they get ole neckbeard.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Even if Chicago does claim him, would that really change things? I mean, I doubt he could just jump in there after less than a week of practice on a new team and be effective. We saw how much Palmer struggled when he replaced Boller after halftime, and Carson was relatively familiar with Hue and his system.

My guess is they would still roll with Hanie this week even if they get ole neckbeard.
You're right. It would be a hell of an accomplishment to play after entering Martz's system for only 3 practices.

I would say the only thing that is different when it comes tithe situations is that Orton has not been in a couch for the last 9 months. It still doesn't change the situation that much, but it's a small difference between the two.

Oldie but a goodie.