Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Yeah I know, and KC isn't a gimme now that Palko isn't starting.
I don't know about you, but I know I've given up hope...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That loss sucked. Hard. I pray Bresnahan gets canned after this year.

And who else thought Jano was gonna make that kick? I could feel it.

Still, far from out of it.

They have to handle their business and win out, and we also have to cheer for the Chiefs to beat the Donkeys week 17. Another scenario is Raiders win out and Jets/Bengals lose to Giants and Ravens, respectively. Or, win out and the Jets, Bengals and Titans lose at least once. Then the Raiders get the wildcard

If KC plays as well as they did against the Pack we're in trouble.

God, I wish Palko was starting
Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hope we can pull this off, but it's hard to be optimistic when we know the defense cannot hold a lead.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I don't know about you, but I know I've given up hope...
I'm in this boat as well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tied with the Donkeys!
Old 12-24-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as we win next week, there is a huge possibility we make the playoffs. If we win and Denver loses we will win the division, but we also now have a lead in the wilcard. All we can control us what we do, but the chances of us getting in are high.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
As long as we win next week, there is a huge possibility we make the playoffs. If we win and Denver loses we will win the division, but we also now have a lead in the wilcard. All we can control us what we do, but the chances of us getting in are high.
I don't know about chances being high but we definitely need to win our game and have either Denver or Cinci lose.

I heard the Titans will have the tie breaker over us if Miami beats the Jets.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We still need one team to lose next week if we win. Denver or Cinci loss means Raiders in the playoffs. TBH, if Cincinnati loses, it might be better for the Raiders' chances in the playoffs. That would mean a 1st round matchup against Houston with TJ Yates starring at QB. Yes. I said starring. Facetiously of course.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
I don't know about chances being high but we definitely need to win our game and have either Denver or Cinci lose.

I heard the Titans will have the tie breaker over us if Miami beats the Jets.
ESPN playoff machine says this is the case. Apparently the tiebreaker would be "common game" win percentage. Let's just plan on NYJ winning.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ESPN playoff machine says this is the case. Apparently the tiebreaker would be "common game" win percentage. Let's just plan on NYJ winning.
I hate this ''hoping for someone else to win/lose'' **** for us to make it to the playoffs. But whatever, I'll take it, considering where we have been the past 10 years.

I mean, Raiders in playoff talk by week 17? Incredible!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is Ford is likely to be back against the Chargers, and McFadden at least has a chance to return to the field this week. If we can get McFadden and/or Ford back potentially for the playoffs we could make some noise.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 12-26-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

Please SD, play like a team that's season is over and has a lame duck for a coach.

And go KC.

I'm so nervous for this game, can't wait till Sunday. Playoff prospects has me puuuuumped.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ford and Huff both practicing today with the team, DMC is on sidelines. Tomorrow will be the day we know if he can come back for the Charger game. If he can don't expect him to get over 10 touches though. Bush can handle the load, we need to give DMC a package of a few outside runs and mayb a screen or 2.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'm liking our odds today, we just need to focus on winning this game. No DMC which isn't surprising. We will need to pound the ball on the Chargers again like earlier this season, but I also hope to see Palmer and Ford hook up for a long pass or 2.

Prediction: 27-20 Raiders
We will get in as a WildCard as well with the Bengals losing against the Ravens and the Jets lose at Miami.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'm liking our odds today, we just need to focus on winning this game. No DMC which isn't surprising. We will need to pound the ball on the Chargers again like earlier this season, but I also hope to see Palmer and Ford hook up for a long pass or 2.

Prediction: 27-20 Raiders
We will get in as a WildCard as well with the Bengals losing against the Ravens and the Jets lose at Miami.
I think spreading the defense with some end around will be just as crucial to our success as pounding Bush. Bush is just going to run into a wall everytime he touches the ball if we don't widen the DEs and LBs

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can bet the farm that Hue is going to dial up some of his trademark "lolwut?" plays. That could go either way for us.

Having Moore healthy and getting COBY! back in some capacity is huge, though. Two legitimate receiving and rushing threats. I'm expecting 3-5 touches for Taiwan Jones as well.

Feed the stud, though. Pound Bush, and work the play action passing game at all 3 levels.

I really hope to see Reece get 4 or 5 targets. Good things happen when he's a part of the gameplan.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
You can bet the farm that Hue is going to dial up some of his trademark "lolwut?" plays. That could go either way for us.

Having Moore healthy and getting COBY! back in some capacity is huge, though. Two legitimate receiving and rushing threats. I'm expecting 3-5 touches for Taiwan Jones as well.

Feed the stud, though. Pound Bush, and work the play action passing game at all 3 levels.

I really hope to see Reece get 4 or 5 targets. Good things happen when he's a part of the gameplan.
Reece needs to be a much bigger part of the game plan.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to get Darrius the ball.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
We need to get Darrius the ball.
DHB should be no more than the 3rd option today.

Jones is inactive, so let's see about getting Reece some carries with Tonga at FB.

God damn it.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Reece needs to be a much bigger part of the game plan.
Every week.

God damn it.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Raiders chances at the division just got a lil bit better. Brian Dawkins is out for Denver and Ryan Mathews is our for SD.

Chances at WC just got a little bit worse. Miami looks to take a 6 point lead on NYJ with a FG (and Sanchez looking awful) while Houston doesn't look like they can put away Ten.

Raiders need either a win by NYJ or Hou in order to have a shot at the WC.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

WC is out of the picture now, I believe. It's all up to KC and the "Revenge of the Pocket Sloth."

God damn it.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Still a ton of time left, we have to get TDs from here on out though which will be tough. Our defense hasn't made 1 stop this game except for that early INT, I can't wait for Bres to be fired....

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just what we needed, another FG
Old 01-01-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

That really hurt us not getting in the endzone. Now our defense is just giving up more big plays....

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707