Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky may be back if he doesn't retire, he lives in Miami with his family, and I think he'd take a smaller salary to just play for a couple more years in the place he calls home.

And if you remember Ricky Williams is not a type a guy that's all for the money. I remember Gillette offering him millions in endorsements to shave his dreads with their razor. He said no, and did later anyway for free.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown has been a pretty underwhelming player considering he was the 4th overall pick. Ricky Williams would be a better fit to come back IMO.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of wanted to see him in NE.

Imagine what he could do with Kevin Faulk's coaching.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Ronnie Brown has been a pretty underwhelming player considering he was the 4th overall pick. Ricky Williams would be a better fit to come back IMO.
2nd overall. And he was an amazing player for a short time while he was 100% healthy. Injuries have riddled him though and he's lost his speed.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm eager to see what we got in return.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami fans are praying that the coaching staff knows what to do with a player like Reggie Bush.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm eager to see what we got in return.
I believe I read Glazer said it was hardly anything.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably a 6th or 7th and S Jonathan Amaya. Whatever it was, it was more than we would have got if we cut him, which we were planning on doing. And yes, I used the word "we" a lot because I'm a member of the Saints organization.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I heard a 6th somewhere. Which is pretty hilarious.

Give up 2nd overall pick.
Get Reggie Bush.
Win Super Bowl with help of Reggie Bush.
Gain 6th round pick.

Age-old quagmire - was Reggie Bush a bust? A successful pick? WHAT WAS HE!?!?!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.wwl.com/What-will-the-Sai...Bush-/10476820

Saints will get a 4th round pick as well.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie still has potential he just needs to stay on the field. Phins need to learn how to use him in the slot with Marshall and they could be pretty deadly.

I'm not sure about their TE situation but if they could land Zach Miller that would be a pretty good offseason.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th and Amaya? What happened to 6th rounder :(
Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Loomis wiggled his nose and pulled a 4th rounder and a special teams standout from the Dolphins for Bush when the Saints were just going to cut him. Mikey Loomis, you magnificent bastard.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-28-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Why is no where else reporting that? It says according to ESPN. All I see on ESPN is Amaya. Quite skeptical.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Why is no where else reporting that?
Wha...

Is it just me, or is this a terribly construed sentence?

In any case, I no know why no person different ESPN reports that.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 07-28-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Wha...

Is it just me, or is this a terribly construed sentence?

In any case, I no know why no person different ESPN reports that.
Terribly construed? It should be "no one else", sorry. Or "why isn't anyone else". I don't think that makes it terribly "construed", it gets the point across.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Loomis wiggled his nose and pulled a 4th rounder and a special teams standout from the Dolphins for Bush when the Saints were just going to cut him. Mikey Loomis, you magnificent bastard.
I luv Loomis :)
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terribly construed? It should be "no one else", sorry. Or "why isn't anyone else". I don't think that makes it terribly "construed", it gets the point across.
I was joking dude, not to be taken seriously.

It gets boring being a Steelers fan during free agency. :S

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush will probably be less of a factor in Miami than he was in New Orleans (where I would agree with the statement that he was a very good specialist and nothing more). I still think Miami brings in Marion Barber and uses a three-back committee, and they should also end up upgrading the QB position with either Orton or Vince Young (imagine VY and Bush ending up together after all their college/draft history..), keeping their passing attack at least better than inept.

Not sure how he fits into the whole Wildcat thing or if they'll even use that anymore (talk about flash in the pan) but there's no reason to think he'll end up better over the length of his deal than Darren Sproles, who I figured the Dolphins would end up zeroing in on instead.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Reggie still has potential he just needs to stay on the field. Phins need to learn how to use him in the slot with Marshall and they could be pretty deadly.

I'm not sure about their TE situation but if they could land Zach Miller that would be a pretty good offseason.
Miller is going nowheres yo!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will always wonder how our offense would have been had he lived up to his high billing. What was already arguably the most explosive offense over his tenure here, could have been legendary.

I guess we definitely did well, considering we got a 4th when we were cutting him loose, but it still stings, and I think he'll way outproduce that, if he's healthy, which isn't a given.

I think the Saints are a talented enough team that you kinda keep wildcards like Bush. We never had to rely on him 100%, but if he got hot, we could ride it.

I dunno, I hope he does well, he'll certainly get more touches there.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Will always wonder how our offense would have been had he lived up to his high billing. What was already arguably the most explosive offense over his tenure here, could have been legendary.

I guess we definitely did well, considering we got a 4th when we were cutting him loose, but it still stings, and I think he'll way outproduce that, if he's healthy, which isn't a given.

I think the Saints are a talented enough team that you kinda keep wildcards like Bush. We never had to rely on him 100%, but if he got hot, we could ride it.

I dunno, I hope he does well, he'll certainly get more touches there.

I'm pretty sure you aren't getting a fourth.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you aren't getting a fourth.
http://www.wwl.com/What-will-the-Sai...Bush-/10476820

According to ESPN, the Saints are getting a Dolphins player in the trade with Miami along with a 4th round draft pick for running back Reggie Bush.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-28-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Find me the ESPN link then. That's from 2 hours ago and I haven't seen it anywhere else yet.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok Saints fans. You don't have to defend him anymore. He's someone else's underachiever now.