Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Justin Houston is on my **** list.

How a 3rd round draft pick is not in camp by now is stupid...
He is too busy with medicinal products
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vereen and Dowling both in camp now. Vereen looks quite impressive catching the ball and has shown very good explosion. A little suspect in pass pro at the moment though.

Dowling has been very impressive in press coverage yesterday with the only CB reportedly having a better day was Bodden which is also good news.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do to injuries and players like ike and *** not being able to practice til tomorrow, curtis brown is getting first team reps

YEAH BABY
Old 08-03-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More on Aldon... Dude is lighting it up in camp.

mattbarrows: At the risk of going overboard after a few days of training camp, Aldon Smith looks dominant. Just put 250-lb FB Moran Norris on his back.
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph Barksdale is looking impressive, looks to probably be starting at RT

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Joseph Barksdale is looking impressive, looks to probably be starting at RT
over veldheer and gaither? doubt that
Old 08-03-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
over veldheer and gaither? doubt that
Veldheer is at LT and they haven't signed Gaither yet
Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

damn i thought they finalized that a while ago...surprised hes not getting more attention
Old 08-03-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His back is messed up and probably isn't in shape.

Tweets are saying WR Denarius Moore is looking great. Beat Routt 3 times in a row. I had the feeling when we drafted him that he could be another mid round steal we have at WR(Murphy, Ford).

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
damn i thought they finalized that a while ago...surprised hes not getting more attention
No he failed the physical...I think he might have failed 2. Think that's scaring off teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
His back is messed up and probably isn't in shape.

Tweets are saying WR Denarius Moore is looking great. Beat Routt 3 times in a row. I had the feeling when we drafted him that he could be another mid round steal we have at WR(Murphy, Ford).
Idk man, I'm not getting too excited over anyone beating Routt =/

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But on the field, Aldon Smith looked like a veteran stud. He pressured the quarterbacks more than anyone, and he even put Moran Norris on his back.

On one play, Gore took a handoff and met Smith in the hole and the two collided. Gore didn’t like the hit, so he slapped Smith in the face. Smith didn’t back down or apologize – he slapped Gore right back. Vernon Davis stepped in right away to break it up.

Harbaugh squashed any potential fight by blowing his whistle and ordering the team to start another play. It was another Gore run, and at the end of it, the defensive players jumped and hooted with delight at Smith’s hit on Gore. Gore even jogged over to Smith and gave him a high five and the two made up.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/...ractice-notes/
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

all this positive news on aldon smith surprises me a bit, lets see if it translates early to game action
Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley had surgery today. Luckily he will be back for the regular season. But without a training camp not in football shape, Fairely is going to have a big learning curve. Hopefully by the second half of the season he's solid in the rotation showing flashes of being a force next to Suh. Foot injury is defintiely a set back. Hopefully the only setback.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
More on Aldon... Dude is lighting it up in camp.

mattbarrows: At the risk of going overboard after a few days of training camp, Aldon Smith looks dominant. Just put 250-lb FB Moran Norris on his back.
no offense to our FB but Norris just sucks.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really wanted Aldon to slide to #20

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Both kendrick ellis and muhammed wilkerson are doing well in camp. Rex has said wilkerson will be a starter and ellis should be productive early. Dline is looking pretty good if both rookies can be productive
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... Aldon Smith, based on training camp footage I've watched, looks like the second coming of Jevon Kearse.

Could be the Rookie of the Year easily.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved what the Bucs have done the past 2 years in the draft. That team is going to be very good in the coming years.

They're some DBs away from being really special. Rebuilt the dline, the LB core is getting worked on, love what they did on offense, they're set on offense, give them another year to redo the secondary and LB core, and watch out.

This team will be a SB contender very shortly.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I loved what the Bucs have done the past 2 years in the draft. That team is going to be very good in the coming years.

They're some DBs away from being really special. Rebuilt the dline, the LB core is getting worked on, love what they did on offense, they're set on offense, give them another year to redo the secondary and LB core, and watch out.

This team will be a SB contender very shortly.
You're assuming alot about a trio of defensive linemen with some serious question marks (McCoy, Clayborn, and Bowers).

They have potential to be great, but also great potential to fail. Very boom-or-bust type of roster in terms of future projections.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know. I'm projecting them to pan out. Nothing is a guarantee.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
I know. I'm projecting them to pan out. Nothing is a guarantee.
The problem is that they have far more question marks than any other "high potential" DL in the league.

I'm much more willing to be optimistic about the Lions' D-Line, for example, than the Bucs. There's a much higher chance that the Lions' young players (Suh, Fairley, Avril) turn into studs than the Bucs' players.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

True.

I don't see why McCoy or Price are question marks. Both are going to be very good. Just bc McCoy didn't have the same season as Suh doesn't mean he won't be a good player, I think people are reading into that way too much.

He's no Suh, but who the hell is?

Really the only questionmark on that line is Bowers bc of his knee.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah im confused also. Only question marks are Da'Quan Bowers' knee & Brian Prices' hip. Gerald & Adrian should be fine.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

Quote:
True.

I don't see why McCoy or Price are question marks. Both are going to be very good. Just bc McCoy didn't have the same season as Suh doesn't mean he won't be a good player, I think people are reading into that way too much.

He's no Suh, but who the hell is?

Really the only questionmark on that line is Bowers bc of his knee.
There are questions about Clayborn's arm, but also his conditioning and his ability to be anything more than an average run-stuffing DE. I didn't see much explosiveness or speed from him last year.

Bowers' knee is a HUGE question mark.

McCoy didn't look like anything special to me last year and I always wondered if he was an overhyped prospect. We know Suh is going to be an all-time great after what he did in his rookie season; McCoy not so much. He *might* be great, but there also is a significant chance that he is nothing more than average for the rest of his career. He hasn't shown anything yet, Suh, however, has.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Suh vs McCoy, really? How many DTs have 10+ sacks their rookie season? Garald is a question mark because he didn't have Suh-like rookie season!!!!

Mike Will & V-Jax