Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
If you want to get a NT, you can't drop down very far. Ta'amu won't last long in the 2nd round if he makes it.
I think we need to draft a TE/WR in the 3rd or 4th. Ladarius Green and Marvin McNutt would be good imo.

Any guesses at Gonzalez's status? Is he healthy and just couldn't beat Collie/Garcon to get on the field? I imagine he'd be cheap if the team is interested in keeping him. Could at least bring him into training camp. If nothing else we can draft a guy in the 4th+ and let him sit while Gonzalez starts.
This. The sad fact of today is that a position which was invented to allow defenses to find starting players in later rounds is now being pushed up draft boards do to their rarity.

Considering this is a team transitioning from a "small" defense to a defense that requires large men, the FO will need to target this type of player early.

As it is you guys are barely going to be able to put together a ragtag DL while fitting square pegs into round holes at OLB and I don't really see any of your current CBs as fits in Chucky's scheme.

There will be a lean year or two in Indi before success will be possible.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Do you guys think Blair White is worth much or do you think Peyton just made him look good?
He's an ok possession WR, but more like a 3rd option.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Do you guys think Blair White is worth much or do you think Peyton just made him look good?
He has good hands but that is about it. Manning made him look solid. I doubt he even makes 3rd WR on most teams.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the Colts can't sign Garcon then we should use the 3rd round draft pick on a WR or TE.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point the team sucks so much we just need to draft Luck and then take BPA at DL, SS, interior OL, CB, or WR.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

One thing I will add though is that I hope we do get Luck some help on offense somewhere. We cannot send him into the season with Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, and Blair White as his primary targets and a bunch of nobodies at guard and center. In my mock draft picks I went with almost entirely defensive guys, but I think that would be a bad move. Luck will probably be great but he is not a miracle worker.

I am already resigned to the fact that the Colts will be terrible again in 2012. Maybe not quite as bad as 2011 but with no Reggie and apparently no Garcon either the passing game might be in bad shape. I am a defense guy but if there is a high-value WR or Peter Konz available in the early 2nd, the Colts should seriously consider him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this point the team sucks so much we just need to draft Luck and then take BPA at DL, SS, interior OL, CB, or WR.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking also.

Certain postions are more premium.

I think we can all agree that filling the NT and CB positions are MUCH tougher then the rest on that list.

If there is a beast like Ta'amu or Poe there in the 2nd, I think we absolutely have to pick him.

Similar with CB. If there is a top-tier play-maker there, we should pull the trigger.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I just think that interior OL and WR can be adressed later in the draft.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How far is Maze expected to drop? It would be nice to snag him as a return man, but I'm not sure he has the presence we want. Seems more like a slot receiver.

Being an LSU fan I'm high on Reuben Randle, but it seems that he is high on draft boards so I doubt we get him.

Chris Owusu along with Luck from Stanford, would also be a guy that can be a return man for us and have more presence on the outside. His health with all of the concussions is a concern, but he could be a steal if healthy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First 3 Colts Picks
Qb Andrew Luck
Rb Lamar Miller
Wr/pr Ty Hilton
Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
First 3 Colts Picks
Qb Andrew Luck
Rb Lamar Miller
Wr/pr Ty Hilton
Horrible!!!

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I love Lamar Miller. He's the 2nd best RB in this class imo.

With that being said, Colts have a lot of other HUGE needs.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-23-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we all now the Colts will pick Andrew Luck first, but where do they go in round 2? Do they go heavy offense to protect the first pick or do they try to make the team more balanced than it was during Peyton's tenure?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, they've signed a couple of OLs and a SS already. They've also resigned Reggie.

The biggest need on O is TE, no question.

D has a lot more needs imo, especially with a change in scheme.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget Andrew Luck, we have the last pick in the draft!

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Forget Andrew Luck, we have the last pick in the draft!
True that. The team was awarded three comp picks for this year's draft.

5th Round - 170th overall
6th Round - 206th overall
7th Round - 253rd overall
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts now have ten total draft picks as of right now.

1st Round - 1st Overall
2nd Round - 34th Overall
3rd Round - 64th Overall
4th Round - 97th Overall
5th Round - 136th Overall
5th Round - 170th Overall (Comp)
6th Round - 206th Overall (Comp)
7th Round - 208th Overall
7th Round - 232nd Overall
7th Round - 253th Overall (Comp) Mr. Irrelevant
Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

We will need every one of them. FA has helped but there are still plenty of holes.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We will need every one of them. FA has helped but there are still plenty of holes.
I agree. We have a lot of holes.

But I wonder if it's possible that they would package some of the picks to move up and get a guy that they think could be a star.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I agree. We have a lot of holes.

But I wonder if it's possible that they would package some of the picks to move up and get a guy that they think could be a star.
Probably depends on who is available and when. I have of course never been employed by an NFL team, but my guess is that Grigs and his staff do practice drafts where they go through different scenarios, where this or that guy is available when they don't expect, who will be picking at that time, what their needs are, and what they are or aren't willing to give up to move up.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

According to NFL Executives and Coaches, Luck is a safer pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...draft_03 2712

I like this quote the most:

Quote:
“Just think about it this way: Griffin just graduated with honors; Luck is in his first year of medical school. That’s what we’re talking about.”

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
According to NFL Executives and Coaches, Luck is a safer pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...draft_03 2712

I like this quote the most:
I think most honest football people would agree Luck is just the best player in this draft, the best prospect. Anything else, like RG3 being a better pick, or Trent Richardson being the best overall football player in the draft, are just artificial media creations to create interest.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nose Tackle: The central cog of the two gap 3-4 Defence is the Nose Tackle. The best option the Colts have at the position is Antonio Johnson who struggled in to assert himself cover one gap never mind two. While Mookie made some plays he clearly isn’t the answer here. The team need to bring in a dominant run stopping NT.

Tight End: The Tight End position has increased in importance over the last decade. The NFL is a mismatch game. The role of the Offense is to create mismatches and exploit those mismatches. The role of the Defence is to prevent mismatches being made and to prevent them being exploited. With Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Dallas Clark and more recently Rob Gronkowski, and Jimmy Graham, you have had a player who is too fast to be covered by a Linebacker and too strong to be covered by a Safety, and too tall to be covered by either. Tight Ends are becoming increasingly difficult to cover one on one. Additionally, and importantly for the Colts next year, they tend to be a safety valve for young and inexperienced Quarterbacks.

Ted Linebacker: Another major piece for run support in the 3-4 is the Ted Linebacker. The Ted is an underrated (and in my opinion undervalued) part of the 3-4 Defence. He is a cross between the Fullback and the Quarterback of the defence. He will be the lead blocker for the other Linebackers and the Safety, ploughing through the Offensive Line, occupying blockers, closing lanes and leaving the other guys to make the tackle. He has to be able to do two main things. He has to be able to read and react very well and stack and shed really well. He has to be one of the most physically dominant players at the Linebacker position while also possessing above average vision and intelligence. He normally has to read the Offence and audible and adjust the Defence accordingly. For a prototype of the position, and it has to be said a current free agent, look no further than former Steeler James Farrior.

Cornerback: In Pagano’s system the Cornerbacks are pretty vanilla (though maybe not as vanilla as in the Tampa 2). They are primarily in press man coverage. That throws up a problem for the Colts. The team’s best Cornerback is 5’9” and made of glass. He won’t survive on the outside if he is asked to play press man. He will be ideally suited to playing the Nickel (which he did at times for the last few years for the Colts if they main WR threat was a Slot, such as when we played New England). That means two new starters or needed. In my opinion only one is needed, at least to field a recognisable defence next season. Chris Rucker played well down the stretch and has the size and physicality to play press man. He played poorly against New England (but to be fair it was only his second game where he was asked to play significant snaps) but then against Baltimore and Jacksonville I though he played very well. What is also notable about the Ravens Defence is that it suceeded despite the fact that none of the CB's jump out as being overly talented. Lardarius Webb was their best CB last year and he isn't exactly anything special

Coverage Linebacker: The Ted Linebacker, primarily, is a run stopping player. He is normally big and physically dominant. He’s also normally not that fast and so will struggle in coverage. The result is that in obvious passing situations the Ted has to come out and replaced by a coverage Linebacker. Last year in obvious passing situations the Ravens pulled Jameel McClain for Brendon Ayanbadejo. The Colts need to find someone to play the role in the same way that Ernie Sims did last year.

Defensive End: While they could do with long-term upgrades over both Moala and Redding the starting position should be solid enough for next season. That being said the team need to bring in another situation pass rushing end, filling the role that Pernell McPhee had for the Ravens last season. While Drake Nevis could fill one of those positions they need two because no-one is ever going to confuse Moala or Redding for Haloti Ngata. That being said a lot of the pass rushing situations will be in a four man front so if they can bring in a 3-Down Nose Tackle then he could probably fill this position.

Strongside Linebacker: In obvious passing situations for the Ravens the starting SLB, Jarret Johnson, came out of the game and was replaced with a Rush Linebacker, normally Paul Kruger. For the Colts it is going to work in the opposite direction. Robert Mathis will stay in for obvious passing situations and situations where the offense can both run and pass but will probably have to come out for obvious rushing situations in a similar rotation as to what Jamaal Anderson and Tyler Brayton did last year. In my opinion the medium term plan will be to move Mathis from the Strongside to the Weakside next year after Freeney goes and so this spell player could easily be the long-term starter at the SLB position.

Weakside Linebacker: Similar to the SLB position the Colts need to bring in a guy to play the run on obvious rushing situations in a similar style to Anderson and Brayton.

There are other needs as well but these are the ones needed to field a team next year. It doesn’t include the positions, like WR, LG, FB, SS, the other CB position, etc that the team have a starter in but who can be upgraded over.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Last edited by Seamus2602 : 04-02-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great write-up, Seamus.

You could also add OL and WR to the list.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't add WR and OL to the list because I felt the team had improved enough there in Free Agency signing Avery, Justice, McGlynn and Satele. It gives the team a starting line of Castonzo, Reitz/McGlynn, Satele, Ijalana and Justice. While it isn't an elite line and upgrades could be found they could field those 5 and it would be a credible line. The same with the WR corps. If Avery is healthy he can play Flanker and then we have Reggie Wayne at Split End and Austin Collie at the Slot, plus Blair White as a backup and a 4th WR.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote