Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 04-14-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Arians does like the two TE set but the Colts are in total rebuild mould and so we shouldn't expect to get every player we need in this draft. That being said TE is a major need but we can't afford to reach on anyone. Additionally we need someone who can be a complete Tight End, and contribute in the blocking game, rather than just be a big Receiver. That makes me shy away from the likes of Michael Egnew who will be a liability in the run game.

Hanna is a track star but doesn't play at 4.49. He really struggles in blocking, route running, defensive recognition. He's fast, though not too fast, though does have good hands and body control. My main difficulty with your suggestion is that if the Colts take him anything earlier than Comp pick in the 6th then it will be a poor value selection. Hanna isn't anything better than a 6th, maybe even 7th round pick.
Have yo5u seen Hanna block?
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
Have yo5u seen Hanna block?
Yes. He takes good angles and he seals off the edge adequately at the college level. Against NFL ends and NFL Linebackers he will struggle to seal the edge as effectively, he doesn't move defenders that well, even at a college level, and is more of a get in the way type blocker than a road grader.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random question: Do 3-4 OLBs rotate out for breathers like 4-3 DEs rotate?
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Random question: Do 3-4 OLBs rotate out for breathers like 4-3 DEs rotate?
Depends. The Ravens didn't rotate the WLB (Suggs) but did rotate the SLB (Johnson) with a situational pass rusher. So it wasn't so much rotate for a breather but more a situation thing.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Depends. The Ravens didn't rotate the WLB (Suggs) but did rotate the SLB (Johnson) with a situational pass rusher. So it wasn't so much rotate for a breather but more a situation thing.
So if Mathis is in the Johnson role he may not rotate much if at all.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So if Mathis is in the Johnson role he may not rotate much if at all.
Or may come out on run downs or bring in a coverage LB if we are playing a team with a particularly good Tight End.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts announced that they are indeed taking Luck today, which is an upgrade from, 'we've made our decision, but not saying who'.

I'm curious who people are hoping for with pick #34. I think Fleener's my top choice as it just makes too much sense. I think we can get a good 5-tech in rounds 3-5. TE talent drops off in a hurry in this draft. Speaking of pick 34, they got some retired players to announce the 2nd round picks, and Marvin Harrison is doing the Colts.

I wouldn't be against trading down to 40-45 range, as I think there will be a good defensive lineman still there. One of the 5-techs (Reyes/Still) or Ta'amu should be there still. I think the quality of player available at 34, isn't far off the quality at 44. Hopefully a team will jump up for a player since they have time to think about it.

Also, I did the Colts in the forum mock and this is what I ended up with. Think I'd be pretty darn pleased if this is what we ended up with:

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
43. Alameda Ta'Amu, NT, Washington
46. Kendall Reyes, DE, UConn
64. Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
88. Bruce Irvin, OLB WVU
97. Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana Lafayette
170. Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin
206. Derek Dennis, G, Temple
214. OT Markus Zusevics, T, Iowa
253. Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburgh

I traded Freeney and our 5th for pick 43, which I hate to see him go, but if we're not going to re-sign him is a good deal imo.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Colts announced that they are indeed taking Luck today, which is an upgrade from, 'we've made our decision, but not saying who'.

I'm curious who people are hoping for with pick #34. I think Fleener's my top choice as it just makes too much sense. I think we can get a good 5-tech in rounds 3-5. TE talent drops off in a hurry in this draft. Speaking of pick 34, they got some retired players to announce the 2nd round picks, and Marvin Harrison is doing the Colts.

I wouldn't be against trading down to 40-45 range, as I think there will be a good defensive lineman still there. One of the 5-techs (Reyes/Still) or Ta'amu should be there still. I think the quality of player available at 34, isn't far off the quality at 44. Hopefully a team will jump up for a player since they have time to think about it.

Also, I did the Colts in the forum mock and this is what I ended up with. Think I'd be pretty darn pleased if this is what we ended up with:

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
43. Alameda Ta'Amu, NT, Washington
46. Kendall Reyes, DE, UConn
64. Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
88. Bruce Irvin, OLB WVU
97. Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana Lafayette
170. Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin
206. Derek Dennis, G, Temple
214. OT Markus Zusevics, T, Iowa
253. Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburgh

I traded Freeney and our 5th for pick 43, which I hate to see him go, but if we're not going to re-sign him is a good deal imo.
Ignoring the late guys, who are going to primarily be project or depth guys, I like all of the picks except Jayron Hosley. I would say also that Ta'amu at 43 maybe a bit higher than he probably should go. Hosley is probably a Cover 2 Zone Coverage Nickle Corner. The Colts need Press Man Cover Corners who can play outside.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Fleener will be gone by 34. Trading our 2nd rounder for extra picks later would suit me well. NT value doesn't pick up till about round 5 or so. Luck will need playmakers more than anything so with our 2nd pick, whatever # that turns out to be, needs to be an offensive player imo. Our O-Line should be passable for this year so a WR would seem to be a good target. Otherwise a cb for our 2nd pick makes sense too. We need 3-4 inside LBs and at least one OLB as well.

Positions we need to draft for sure this year -

1. QB
2. WR
3. CB
4. TE
5. LB
6. G

While we're at it, a decent return man would do wonders for starting field position.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Think Fleener will be gone by 34. Trading our 2nd rounder for extra picks later would suit me well. NT value doesn't pick up till about round 5 or so. Luck will need playmakers more than anything so with our 2nd pick, whatever # that turns out to be, needs to be an offensive player imo. Our O-Line should be passable for this year so a WR would seem to be a good target. Otherwise a cb for our 2nd pick makes sense too. We need 3-4 inside LBs and at least one OLB as well.

Positions we need to draft for sure this year -

1. QB
2. WR
3. CB
4. TE
5. LB
6. G

While we're at it, a decent return man would do wonders for starting field position.
The only thing Indy needs to do for sure, in my opinion, is draft BPA at every selection. The only position that I think the Colts either need to draft someone or bring in another veteran option is Tight End (and Quarterback obviously). We have options at Wide Receiver, we have options (not great ones but still options) at CB, we need a Ted Linebacker (though AJ Edds is a posibility, at least as a backup option) and some situational guys at LB but we are relatively set at starter, while the Offensive Line has made significant improvement this offseason to the extent that starters are present and any pick would be an upgrade or depth (and the same can be done at multiple positions in the team).

Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok who are the guys that are left so far?

Still? Fleener? Jenkins?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

WR - Stephen Hill
TE - Fleener
5-tech - Still, Reyes, Worthy
Upshaw/Perry at OLB
Silotolu/Konz if we want interior OL.

Hill might be good as a developmental WR. 2 years from now he could be a stud. STL might take him though.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 04-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

I think that St Louis take either Jonathan Martin or Cordy Glenn with 33. That leaves the other one at OT (or Glenn potentially at G), Coby Fleener, Upshaw at OLB (especially if they trade Freeney), Hill at WR and Still at 5 Tech.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should try to trade back for a landing spot for Almeda Ta'amu. If not then we should pull the trigger on Fleener.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Gotta love where we are sitting right now! Fleener,Ta'amu,Jenkins,Upshaw. Great spot right now.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Maybe even Cordy Glenn?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually wouldn't mind a trade down here.

There are still several players that I like left and we needs as many picks as we can get.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

NFLN is saying that Pagano really likes Upshaw. I question our need for a pass-rusher, but don't know enough about him to argue against the pick.

Still think Glenn is the way to go though. The compensation would have to be pretty rich to trade out of that spot.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you guys end up with Fleener. I think you need to give Luck a reliable (familiar) target. After that I would go balls to the wall on defense.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually wouldn't mind Upshaw at all. If Pagano is high on him then it must mean that he would likely fit well in the D. Although Oline would be a good pick.

I'm okay with
1. Trading down for good compensation
2. Coby Fleener
3. Upshaw
4. Cordy Glenn

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take a pass catcher I would want either Stephen Hill or Rueben Randle. Fleener is a good matchup problem TE, nice speed and all, but I think we can get that with Michael Egnew, Ladarius Green, Taylor Thompson, or James Hanna much later in the draft. I don't think Fleener is a good value and Luck doesn't need some sort of security blanket.

Upshaw or Glenn would be my non-skill position preferences. I didn't expect either of them to be available. Devon Still, Janoris Jenkins, Kendall Reyes, or Mychal Kendricks would all also be fine with me. I'd like to trade down and get another pick or two if possible, lots of good players still around.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-27-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am not impressed with the Fleener pick.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

I suppose that it gives Luck the possibility to have a capable passing attack right away. Wayne/Fleener should be able to get work done. Hopefully some good players fall to the 3rd.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should be impressed. Luck needs to be comfortable. He's the only guy on the team that matters. The rest of the team is 2-14 caliber or worse. The Colts almost need 2 TEs anyway.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You should be impressed. Luck needs to be comfortable. He's the only guy on the team that matters. The rest of the team is 2-14 caliber or worse. The Colts almost need 2 TEs anyway.
Fleener is a jump ball TE. We could've gotten that in the 4th. There were better players available and their chemistry is massively overrated.

i done stole dis sig