Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
there is nothing that sets corey dillon apart from running backs like fred taylor, warrick dunn, tiki barber, eddie george, thomas jones or shaun alexander. none of whom should ever even sniff the hall of fame.
You're kidding me. Dillon was a lot more consistent than a lot of those players. He has a boatload more touchdowns than Tiki Barber. He didn't have the injury problems that Fred Taylor had (plus he has a lot more touchdowns as well), had way more consistent and dominant seasons than Dunn in terms of yards and touchdowns (Dunn shouldn't even be in the conversation with everyone else you mentioned), trumps Thomas Jones in touchdowns and yardage while playing for only ten years, and beats George again in touchdowns. The only other guy that really has Dillon outgunned is Alexander. But he loses in yardage while he beats Dillon for touchdowns. Actually I'd probably give Dillon the edge because of not only yards, but he also has a ring...and he was still a threat up until he left the game.

I'll meet you halfway and say Dillon should at least be in the conversation.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You're kidding me. Dillon was a lot more consistent than a lot of those players. He has a boatload more touchdowns than Tiki Barber. He didn't have the injury problems that Fred Taylor had (plus he has a lot more touchdowns as well), had way more consistent and dominant seasons than Dunn in terms of yards and touchdowns (Dunn shouldn't even be in the conversation with everyone else you mentioned), trumps Thomas Jones in touchdowns and yardage while playing for only ten years, and beats George again in touchdowns. The only other guy that really has Dillon outgunned is Alexander. But he loses in yardage while he beats Dillon for touchdowns. Actually I'd probably give Dillon the edge because of not only yards, but he also has a ring...and he was still a threat up until he left the game.

I'll meet you halfway and say Dillon should at least be in the conversation.
Corey Dillon was a good/very good player. He was never dominant, always very good.

I don't think rings are as helpful for someone's cause unless it's a QB or coach honestly.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Corey Dillon was a good/very good player. He was never dominant, always very good.

I don't think rings are as helpful for someone's cause unless it's a QB or coach honestly.
Oh I disagree. Especially in 2004.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so dumb that people like Dillon will get consideration over Steve Atwater, or the upcoming safeties.

You really think Dillon was comparable to top RBs like Atwater, Reed, Dawkins, Easley etc are for safeties?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C.Dillon > C.Martin

He did break Walter Peyton's single game rushing record.
Well, he was the first to do it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you all realize that while you can debate the merits of Dillon in the HOF, there is zero chance it happens.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I'm completely aware of this.
Also the point that S.Atwater should be in before he and C.Martin

Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of Jamal Lewis chances of getting into the HOF?
Old 08-16-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Small, but possible. He's really helped by the fact that he made the all-2000's team. (these things are really important to voters).

I'd put Lewis a little higher than Dillon. I shouldn't have said Dillon has no chance, but I think it's probably less than 5%, and I would put Lewis at about 10%. As njx said, if Dillon gets in then you're talking about guys like Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, and Eddie George as possibilities too.

Of all of those guys, I think Lewis has the best chance due to his 2000+ yard season (the others on the list are O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis, and Chris Johnson). Injuries ruined Davis' shot, the other three are already in the HOF, and Johnson is the best runningback currently in the league.

I'm torn on his actual chances, but I'd personally vote no.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
What do you guys think of Jamal Lewis chances of getting into the HOF?
Pretty low. He was an amazing runner though. His 2000 yard year was crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

^^^ yea, but wasn't about 400+ yds off the Browns though lol
Poor bastards

Old 08-16-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never saw Kevin Greene play, but I always wondered why isnt he in the HOF? Isnt he 3rd all time with sacks
Old 08-16-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to add that Lewis did help the Ravens win the superbowl.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I never saw Kevin Greene play, but I always wondered why isn't he in the HOF? Isn't he 3rd all time with sacks
Same here. I think I saw him towards the end of his career with Carolina
but I honestly can't recall anything about him....
A quick google search says he beasted from a sack POV but I didn't see much of him though

Old 08-16-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I hope you all realize that while you can debate the merits of Dillon in the HOF, there is zero chance it happens.
It took this long?
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I never saw Kevin Greene play, but I always wondered why isnt he in the HOF? Isnt he 3rd all time with sacks
I like Kevin Greene a lot, but when he played with Pittsburgh, there was no question that Greg Lloyd was the best OLB on that team if you ask me. And if you look at sack numbers, that would be hard to believe since Lloyd didn't have 10 sack seasons like Greene put up year in and year out.

If Lloyd wasn't such an asshole to the media, didn't stick handguns into his son and wife's mouth, then he might get Hall of Fame talk. He was a phenomenal athlete.

Greene bounced around a lot and played for a bunch of different teams. I'm not sure what team he would go in for when he gets inducted, which will happen eventually. He was most recognized for his tenure in Pittsburgh (where he was apart of one of the great LB groups in NFL history), but was only there for three years.

Greene was also playing in the NFL with guys like Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Michael Strahan, Derrick Thomas who rushed the passer and were, simply put, better players. So he tends to get overlooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I'd say his chances should be just about as good as Martin's. I'd probably put Martin a little higher, but not that high. I can't recall many years where he was arguably the best at this position. This hurts Dillon too, but I think the fact that Dillon was still a consistent back like Martin, durable, has a lot of yards and touchdowns plus a Super Bowl rings, helps his case.

I'm definitely putting Dillon ahead of the likes of George, Taylor, Barber, and Warrick Dunn (can't believe someone tried to compared Dillon to Dunn).

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Small, but possible. He's really helped by the fact that he made the all-2000's team. (these things are really important to voters).

I'd put Lewis a little higher than Dillon. I shouldn't have said Dillon has no chance, but I think it's probably less than 5%, and I would put Lewis at about 10%. As njx said, if Dillon gets in then you're talking about guys like Fred Taylor, Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, and Eddie George as possibilities too.

Of all of those guys, I think Lewis has the best chance due to his 2000+ yard season (the others on the list are O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis, and Chris Johnson). Injuries ruined Davis' shot, the other three are already in the HOF, and Johnson is the best runningback currently in the league.

I'm torn on his actual chances, but I'd personally vote no.
Oh come on. Lewis has 10,000 yards sure, but really had one dominant season. He's only made one Pro Bowl Bowl and All-Pro, and doesn't have close the amount of touchdowns Dillion got in ten years.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dillon also played on some really ****** teams compared to what Martin and Lewis had.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Dillon also played on some really ****** teams compared to what Martin and Lewis had.
Dillon played on some of the worst teams imaginable.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh come on. Lewis has 10,000 yards sure, but really had one dominant season. He's only made one Pro Bowl Bowl and All-Pro, and doesn't have close the amount of touchdowns Dillion got in ten years.
His one dominant season is still more than Dillon's zero dominant seasons.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His one dominant season is still more than Dillon's zero dominant seasons.
If u played on those Bengal teams in the late 90's and early 00's and had the numbers that Dillon had those count as dominant seasons.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I disagree. I think a 1600+ yd, 13TD season is pretty dominant. That's just me though, I guess.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's not on par with 2,000+ and 14 touchdowns.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I wasn't comparing one dominant season to another.
Just stating that it still is a dominant season.