Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-09-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Also the current F.O. and coaching staff have:
  • re-signed Black and Hayward
  • drafted Watson and Foster
  • signed McKenzie

JMHO, but I think they will be partial to these 5 going forward. Sorry Hayes, but if you don't get better and more consistent, you might be gone like Ruud.
The dude is turning 24 tomorrow (which makes him only one year older than Clayborn) and has been starting since he was a 21 year old 2nd year player. He's young, he's improving (4 sacks in last 4 games last season) and I'm sure he'll be given a fair chance.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Two words---helmet headset.

That being said, only one player is allowed on the field with the green dot on their helmets (headset helmets)... and according to witnesses and Morris himself, right now the plan is to play Geno and Quincy in the nickel (4-2-5) alignments... so who'll be wearing the helmet headset this season? Or will we still have it on the Mike even if he's coming off the field in nickel situations (33-50% of the time)?
To answer my own question, and after requesting two different media members to ask Raheem the question in the new conference, perhaps not so coincidentally, Raheem stated that the Mike LB will wear the helmet headset. Meaning he will come off the field in 3 WR situations and Quincy will be the Mike in the nickel and will rely on hand signals for the calls. Kind of makes you wonder why Quincy isn't just considered the Mike and in charge of calling the plays from the Sam spot...
Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not just give Quincy the headset? Silly coaching staff..

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Found this in another article on the same site..

There has been a few MLB r4cently to start right away and produce recently, Jon Beason, Patrick Willis, Johnathon Vilma, and DaMeco Ryans, but they all were were first round picks. I know Foster's draft position has nothing to do with how he performs, so let's just wait and see.

On second thought, i think throwing him in early is a good idea. Since our defense is young (rookies, 2nd year, 3rd year players). They'll all just go through growing pains together.
Don't forget about James Laurinaitis of the Rams. He was drafted as a 2nd rounder but has been a starter from day one and has been the QB of our defense ever since....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Don't forget about James Laurinaitis of the Rams. He was drafted as a 2nd rounder but has been a starter from day one and has been the QB of our defense ever since....
He was the first to come to mind for me when I posted about how common productive rookie LBs are.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/#!/TBBuccaneers

Rah confirmed Quincy is going to be the MIKE in the nickle packages, makes me think he'll be wearing the headset.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/TBBuccaneers

Rah confirmed Quincy is going to be the MIKE in the nickle packages, makes me think he'll be wearing the headset.
Yeah, stated as much the other day a couple posts before... but according to Morris, Black will NOT wear the headset, Foster will, but Quincy will have to rely on hand signals to get the calls from the sidelines.... Why not give Black the green dot?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber said Foster & McKenzie are both making mistakes. Which we expected, but hopefully they're aren't ******* up the plays, and formations to bad :/

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barber said Foster & McKenzie are both making mistakes. Which we expected, but hopefully they're aren't ******* up the plays, and formations to bad :/
He's a rookie and will make mistakes. But he's talented and will make plays as well. Foster, after watching film of him, is an absolute beast. He explodes into gaps and attacks the ball carrier, rather than waiting like Ruud.

I watched Ruud and Foster film and compared the 2 and wow, HUGE difference. There is a reason Foster is and will be the starting MIKE. He;ll make mistakes but better make them early and learn from then. At MLB, you won't gain expereince by sitting on the bench.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Foster wins round one. I like that Rah has Black calling the plays so that Foster/McKenzie can just get the basics of the defense down before needing to run the entire thing with no experience. Foster looks fast because his instincts send him in the right direction a split second earlier....he has a lot of work to do but he will have a very defined role this season on first, 2nd, and short yardage downs so it won't be so bad if he can execute that.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-15-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Foster wins round one. I like that Rah has Black calling the plays so that Foster/McKenzie can just get the basics of the defense down before needing to run the entire thing with no experience. Foster looks fast because his instincts send him in the right direction a split second earlier....he has a lot of work to do but he will have a very defined role this season on first, 2nd, and short yardage downs so it won't be so bad if he can execute that.
Black's calling plays... where was it a few weeks back that I said that would eventually happen? I'm not bad at this prediction thing, am I?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, brash. lol

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, brash. lol
lol, if I had a nickel for every team he mentioned how he predicted us to win 9//10 games last year...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
lol, if I had a nickel for every team he mentioned how he predicted us to win 9//10 games last year...
If i had a nickel for every time he predicted something that Morris already said in a Press Confrence.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

McKenzie is right, it does feel like foster was just handed the job.....

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/breaking-...out-ar-250810/

Quote:
TAMPA --

Have the Buccaneers settled on a starting middle linebacker?

If you ask Bucs LB Tyrone McKenzie, he will tell you rookie Mason Foster already has been given the job.

"Whatever I can do to help us win, that's what I've been focused on since I was informed it wasn't a competition after the second practice (by the coaching staff)," McKenzie said. "If they give me a chance, I'll be ready."

If you ask Bucs coach Raheem Morris, he will tell you McKenzie is wrong.

"If he feels like it's not going to happen already, I can guarantee you it won't," Morris said. "That thing is wide open."

McKenzie was signed to Tampa Bay's practice squad from New England last November. He was promoted to Tampa Bay's active roster on Dec. 14 and appeared in three games.

McKenzie also flew to Nebraska last summer to learn the playbook from former Bucs LB Barrett Ruud, plus helped organize many of the team's workouts during the lockout.

However, Morris said there are no immediate plans to have McKenzie start any preseason games.

"You have to earn the right to start," Morris said. "You're not given anything around here. You have to earn that in practice. You have to go out there and show me something that makes me start you.

"You can have the ability to do that every day with your work and how you maintain your defense and how you handle your business, so I'm not prepared to answer that question yet on how he handles being second (string) because he's not second yet."

McKenzie previously asked New England to release him when he believed the Patriots would not allow him to fight for a starting position, but he has no intentions of asking Tampa Bay to do the same.

"I just want to work hard. I love being a Buc," McKenzie said. "Growing up, this was my team. This team taught me a lot about how to play defense. I love being here. Hopefully I can be here for a long time.

"I'm going to stick it out, work hard and let the cards play out. Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity again. If I get it, I'll take it. I respect their decision. I'm going to keep working hard and work hard for my opportunity."

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-16-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. If he truly feels that way ("stick it out"), I have a lot more respect for him now.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Listen, ever since Foster was drafted, he's been pegged as the starter at MLB.

I can understand McKenzie's frustration about the "competition" or lack there of, but it's not like Foster has been a disapointment. Yes, he's a rookie and it took him only a few practices to get adjusted and has since been very good.

I saw in the pre-season game that he just has that instinct and flys to the ball carrier and has excellent awareness. He's built like a MLB.

I trust Morris to the point if Foster wasn't performing up to speed and McKenzie was light years ahead, McKenzie would be starting. However, Foster has still been better.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

No one is really stepping up in the MLB battle.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No one is really stepping up in the MLB battle.
HAHA wow. I think you're all overreacting over a stupid exhibition game that meant nothing.

Foster is a rookie and will make his mistakes, but he's going to show you why he was drafted to take the MLB position. That hit on OCHO was NASTY!

He's not bad in coverage, the Pats are just well advanced right now and didn't take this game as an exhibition, and Belichik will never do that. This is a guy who never liked kicking fgs on 4th and 4 inside the opponents 20. He goes for the kill, preseason or not, blow out or not.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
HAHA wow. I think you're all overreacting over a stupid exhibition game that meant nothing.

Foster is a rookie and will make his mistakes, but he's going to show you why he was drafted to take the MLB position. That hit on OCHO was NASTY!

He's not bad in coverage, the Pats are just well advanced right now and didn't take this game as an exhibition, and Belichik will never do that. This is a guy who never liked kicking fgs on 4th and 4 inside the opponents 20. He goes for the kill, preseason or not, blow out or not.
Overreacting? I didn't say anyone looked terrible, just that Foster, and McKenzie hasn't done anything to separate them selves from one another. Also, the Ocho hit was so nasty that it cost us 15+ yards!

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-19-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Overreacting? I didn't say anyone looked terrible, just that Foster, and McKenzie hasn't done anything to separate them selves from one another. Also, the Ocho hit was so nasty that it cost us 15+ yards!
That was a good hit. Just the dumb rules now are going to make any ref throw a flag.

I wanna know how much the fine's going to be for Foster.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everytime i see Foster, im impressed with his tools and his aggressiveness. Do you guys think he see the field enough to be in consideration for droy?
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That was a good hit. Just the dumb rules now are going to make any ref throw a flag.

I wanna know how much the fine's going to be for Foster.
Enough for he 3rd round salary ;)

Here is a Tweet from Ocho Cinco's Twitter..
Quote:
@Mason_Foster great hit last night,if u're fined I'll reimburse u boss.That's the way the game should b played.Stay healthy n have a good yr

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-19-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dude View Post
everytime i see Foster, im impressed with his tools and his aggressiveness. Do you guys think he see the field enough to be in consideration for droy?
Foster would have a good shot if he played all 3 downs, but limited playing time might give him a lesser chance.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-20-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If i had a nickel for every time he predicted something that Morris already said in a Press Confrence.
Actually, I predicted the stuff BEFORE Morris said it... as in Black being the man with the headset. Morris confirmed my prediction a few days later... so technically, that would leave you without any nickles.