Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
Based on that 400 yard performance from Eli:

1. DEFENSE
2. DEFENSE
Fixed it. :)

Seriously... it's not just them, although it was pretty sickening to watch.

Eli stayed clean in the pocket and the OL held up nicely against us all night. I wish we could've had more pressure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I certainly hope not.
You don't want the consensus #1 CB in the draft?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fixed it. :)

Seriously... it's not just them, although it was pretty sickening to watch.

Eli stayed clean in the pocket and the OL held up nicely against us all night. I wish we could've had more pressure.
Yep. How does a team with a banged up OL throw the ball 47 times and not give up a single sack?

I've got a hot sports opinion - What type of value would D Ware bring? Could you get two one's for him?

I love D Ware as much as anyone (even have his jersey), but other than NO a couple of years ago, I don't remember him making a single play when the game is on the line.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does everyone want to trade everyone now a days?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense without Ware is complete ****. Trading away a HoF pass rusher in the prime of his career....always a good idea.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I've got a hot sports opinion - What type of value would D Ware bring? Could you get two one's for him?

I love D Ware as much as anyone (even have his jersey), but other than NO a couple of years ago, I don't remember him making a single play when the game is on the line.
you have got to be kidding here...Ware is one of the top 3 pass rushers in the league and not only can he not be replaced by whatever pick compensation you think you could get but your garbage pass rush would become non-existent...as a pass rusher, especially of his caliber, most of his impact comes indirectly or does not reflect in the box score...he'll get a sack or two in a game but the double teams he commands and the overall pressure he is able to create can not be matched or measured unless you see the significance of losing a guy of his caliber...the two most important guys on the football field are the quarterback and pass rusher, everything else can be judged based on schemes/fits and such, and if you remove one of the game's best at one of those positions then there's absolutely no way your team is better off in the short term or long term...Dallas has issues (the OL and secondary) but don't act like this team is beyond repair in the near future

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Our defense without Ware is complete ****. Trading away a HoF pass rusher in the prime of his career....always a good idea.
Look, I'm just throwing this out there to chew on. I probably could not pull the trigger either, but I think there's a point to be made about Ware tending to disappear late in games. LIke the rest of the defense, he's a beast in the 1st half and then fades into the night.

If some jackwagons are going to get on here and ride Romo's butt, then Ware needs some heat, too. He had two brain dead penalties, one on the last drive.

NOtice how active JPP was for the Giants in the 4th quarter?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-12-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Look, I'm just throwing this out there to chew on. I probably could not pull the trigger either, but I think there's a point to be made about Ware tending to disappear late in games. LIke the rest of the defense, he's a beast in the 1st half and then fades into the night.

If some jackwagons are going to get on here and ride Romo's butt, then Ware needs some heat, too. He had two brain dead penalties, one on the last drive.

Ware is over valued IMHO.

What 4 sacks in a game they lost 34-7? Wow!

I expect from Ware what JPP did last night.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

Agree.

Seriously, the Saints game a couple of years ago when he caused the fumble that ended the game, I don't remember him making an impact play late in a game. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Agree.

Seriously, the Saints game a couple of years ago when he caused the fumble that ended the game, I don't remember him making an impact play late in a game. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
I also made this point last night.

DeMarcus is a great player but he does not make many game changing plays for a guy with his REP. Clay Mathews makes more plays. Harrison in Pittsburgh does.

Just some guys get amped for the moment and they do great things. DeMarcus seems to run same speed all the time which is great in first quarter but not so in the 4th when it is time for the money shot.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

To me, our entire roster is for sale after this season.

If I could gut it and get picks to restock and rebuild as a RUNNING TEAM with stout D -- sign me up.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This place has gone insane. I'm going to Off-Topic for awhile.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not trying to water down what JPP did last night but his performance goes to show you how beneficial it is for a defense to have more than one guy who can get after the passer...the Giants have ends that command plenty of attention allowing JPP to be a terror in the middle, especially on passing downs...the Dallas defense has Ware and that's it! a better pass rush allows a team to have some deficiancies in the defensive backfield too...sadly the Cowboys have a one man pass rush and some crap at CB/S, making for a bad combination

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
You don't want the consensus #1 CB in the draft?
Nope. Not at the cost that it will take to move up. We move up that high? I want Barkley.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Get outta here imposter!!!! What did you do with the real Mac???!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm joining you. I cannot tolerate the idiocy.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I guess you must like mistake prone mediocrity like Jerry.

Always next year with this cast of soft, under-achievers.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Get outta here imposter!!!! What did you do with the real Mac???!!!
Mac who? :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm joining you. I cannot tolerate the idiocy.
lol really?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The majority of you have all gone bat **** crazy...

:)

The quality of posts has really dipped in the Cowboys section as of late, that's for damn sure. These close losses will do that to a fanbase, I suppose.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The quality of posts has really dipped in the Cowboys section as of late, that's for damn sure. These close losses will do that to a fanbase, I suppose.
When you have D-Unit and Bob constantly posting and throwing out ideas, that's what happens. They're like casual fans in how fickle they are, it's incredibly frustrating/annoying. Any kind of serious discussion after a close loss is the end of the world around here.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

Where you the one who critiqued D-Unit for using this same style of conducting dialogue?
Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

To the fans who think I am over reacting (or D-Unit) ....

You guys accept mediocrity for fear of being bad.

I accept being bad for fear of mediocrity.

This Cowboys team is bona-fide mediocre since 2006 with the cast of "Stars" you defend.

Sometimes, it ain't the Coach. It is the Players.

I propose make drastic changes to player personnel in order to win SB. Not go 9-7 every other year with an occasional 6-10.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

I hate mediocrity in all its forms. It is filth that contaminates. It wants the benefits of extraordinary but never wishes to do the work. Mediocrity is a sickness plagued by jealousy, laziness, entitlement and poor results.

I want excellence.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Where you the one who critiqued D-Unit for using this same style of conducting dialogue?
Say what? I just think it's funny how a lot of posters react nowadays. The quality has dipped for sure...everyone wants to be the new Skip Bayless, it seems. Just being truthful, this has been a rough year in the Cowboys forums. It just seems more casual like. Not trying to hate, but it just hasnt been the same compared to past years, imo. Some of the stuff being said, is just really out there. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...but if I wanted to listen to dudes make ridiculous Madden like trade offers and bash players for all the wrong reasons...I'd just find any casual Cowboy fan on the street, or post on the dmn blog...among the many other weak Cowboy forums.

But anyway, I like how everyone's answer is to trade star players. As if trading player personel was that prominent in the NFL anyway. The NFL is not the NBA, MLB, or NHL...player trades are a rare occurence. I swear Madden/Fantasy football has warped fans minds.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.