Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't they say last night that Eli went something like 70+ attempts versus the Cowboys before we got a sack? That's crazy. You are not going to win games with one guy that can get to the passer.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
If we don't address pass rusher opposite Ware early, we can forget getting any consistent pass rush next year. OL & DB can be addressed later and in FA. Pass rushers rarely get taken past the first round and anything in FA will be too expensive.

Go get someone like Hardwick and Bobbie Williams and the OL is fixed.

Sign Carlos Rogers or Fennigan

Draft 1st Pass Rusher
2nd Best available DL or DB
3rd Best available DB or DL.
I don't think this is a bad plan, but I want DeCastro. This is an offensive league now. We need to protect Romo. Our weapons are top notch and I don't care what anyone says, Romo can win a Super Bowl. Like I stated in the team discussion, I'm done with this craps saying "OG and S aren't that important" because those 2 positions alone are why we haven't gone deep into the playoffs over the past 5 years, alongside the CB position.

Give me DeCastro at 14, a pass rusher in round 2, and a DB in round 3. Get a GOOD corner in free agency and get rid of Campo and get a real secondary coach.

We won't be going 19-0, but we can be a contender if we get some luck and play smart and sound football.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't think this is a bad plan, but I want DeCastro. This is an offensive league now. We need to protect Romo. Our weapons are top notch and I don't care what anyone says, Romo can win a Super Bowl. Like I stated in the team discussion, I'm done with this craps saying "OG and S aren't that important" because those 2 positions alone are why we haven't gone deep into the playoffs over the past 5 years, alongside the CB position.

Give me DeCastro at 14, a pass rusher in round 2, and a DB in round 3. Get a GOOD corner in free agency and get rid of Campo and get a real secondary coach.

We won't be going 19-0, but we can be a contender if we get some luck and play smart and sound football.

You won't get a pass rusher worth anything in the 2nd round.

The offense was 2nd in the league in yardage and set a franchise record. Sorry, I just don't think the offense needs a freaking guard in round 1. I think that would be a hugely irresponsible use of resources. You don't need a dominate guard to win. Hell, we should have won 10 or 11 games with crap at the interior of our OL. Sign a reasonable guard and a veteran center and we're good to go on offense.

The defense on the other hand....

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

But on D, what is out there that we can use which is also worth the 14th pick?

Everyone is hating Burfict. Kuechely? The premiere pass rushers are all gone. The premiere CB will all be gone.

I love the idea of getting an all world type interior linemen and forgetting about this for awhile. If there is a Haloti Ngata type player -- got that route too.

But get me dominant big men in the 10-20 range. They tend to last. If it happens to be DeCastro. Great. If we were top 10, I'd say go CB, T, QB, etc....
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I think Ingram or Irvin will be there at 14.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Some think Upshaw might be there at 14.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-02-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Don't forget about Nick Perry and Mercilus.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 01-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And... more than half of the group you named have huge flaws that will drop them to the end of the first or second.

Don't reach for need it NEVER works. Take the highest rated player on the board at a need position (whether it be interior OL, secondary, pass rusher) and prosper.

We're going to be players in FA this year I'm pretty excited.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Ingram or Irvin will be there at 14.
Yes Irvin will be there at 14...in the 2nd round! Let's not reach now.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janoris Jenkins?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The offense was 2nd in the league in yardage and set a franchise record. Sorry, I just don't think the offense needs a freaking guard in round 1. I think that would be a hugely irresponsible use of resources. You don't need a dominate guard to win. Hell, we should have won 10 or 11 games with crap at the interior of our OL. Sign a reasonable guard and a veteran center and we're good to go on offense.

I don't care what yardage statistics say about our offense. Did you not watch them play the first half last night? Interior OL needs to be addressed.

Draft DeCastro and have a top 3 guard in football and a perennial all pro for the next 12 years.

Think of it this way: Would you rather have DeCastro in round 1, and a solid DB or DL in round two, or reach for a guy like Dennard or Ingram at 14 and then go OL in the 2nd or 3rd round?

It's a no brainer. DeCastro is a stud. DeCastro will be such a better player than someone like Ingram. I don't care about taking a guard at 14. Take the best player at a position of need.

Ingram and Courtney Upshaw are spencer clones. If you want them, re-sign spencer.

DeCastro at 14 makes absolutely perfect sense for this team. The only question is will Jerry take an OL in the 1st round two years in a row?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Some think Upshaw might be there at 14.
Upshaw can't rush the passer. He is an anthony spencer CLONE. Hell, he will be worse because he's a rookie, spencer is already a veteran. If you want Upshaw you might as well re-sign Spencer.

Jerry better look himself in the mirror, realize things are not working, and take DeCastro.

End of story.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
But on D, what is out there that we can use which is also worth the 14th pick?

Everyone is hating Burfict. Kuechely? The premiere pass rushers are all gone. The premiere CB will all be gone.

I love the idea of getting an all world type interior linemen and forgetting about this for awhile. If there is a Haloti Ngata type player -- got that route too.

But get me dominant big men in the 10-20 range. They tend to last. If it happens to be DeCastro. Great. If we were top 10, I'd say go CB, T, QB, etc....
Completely agree. It's nice to see that you are actually thinking objectively.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right NOW, If we go Jenkins, I rather trade down if the opportunity is there, and grab him in the 20-25 range. But he has top 10 talent, so if he shows out at the Senior Bowl and Combine, Pick 14 would be perfect.

Also, Konz looks STRONG right now in the Rose Bowl.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Round 1

What if we have Coples, DeCastro, Kirkpatrick.

I don't even think it far fetched. I do believe these three players will be on the board.

Who would u pick?
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

DeCastro 10 times out of 10.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DeCastro

I wouldn't mind the pick...it is a solid pick in my opinion. Do you think we could trade down and still get him or if not.......one of the top 3 CB?

I think we have some good options there..
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A dominate guard the shades of Larry Allen would be worth a first round pick in my opinion. Would like to think if a Guard is thought of highly enough to be drafted in the top 15 by anyone it should be us.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I wouldn't mind the pick...it is a solid pick in my opinion. Do you think we could trade down and still get him or if not.......one of the top 3 CB?

I think we have some good options there..
Don't know if we can get him we trade down past 17 or 18, and with the way Dennard played today, I don't think he's worth a 1st.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Don't know if we can get him we trade down past 17 or 18, and with the way Dennard played today, I don't think he's worth a 1st.
He was matched up on a receiver that was about 10 inches taller than him with little or no safety help the entire game. I think his stock drops a little that he didn't keep his cool but to me I don't think you can drop a guy for having a bad day against someone who is head and shoulders taller than him.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't they say last night that Eli went something like 70+ attempts versus the Cowboys before we got a sack? That's crazy. You are not going to win games with one guy that can get to the passer.
It was more like 110. The sack Ware got last night was the first we got against him since the 1st time we played them last year!
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
He was matched up on a receiver that was about 10 inches taller than him with little or no safety help the entire game. I think his stock drops a little that he didn't keep his cool but to me I don't think you can drop a guy for having a bad day against someone who is head and shoulders taller than him.
Can't say I've watched alot of NEB games, but from what I've read around here, he hasn't really had a great year this year.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Anyone know much about this Mikell guy from Oklahoma State? I haven't watched them much this year but this guy is bringing the boom out there and I like it.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Completely agree. It's nice to see that you are actually thinking objectively.
Oh ****.

Kids who have trouble paying their own bills talking like that. Get real.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Any chance Jerry hires Polian?