Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bold Predictions for the 2011 Season

The Preseason just started, so I think it's about time we heard some bold predictions. Not Green Bay is going to win the Super Bowl or Seattle is going to suck. BOLD! So give five bold picks plus one bold homer pick.

1. Two teams from the NFC West (Arizona and St. Louis) make the playoffs.

2. Tim Tebow makes the Pro Bowl.

3. Philadelphia misses the playoffs.

4. Rex Grossman has a career year (let's say 3500-25-12) and leads Washington to 8 wins.

5. This is Andy Reid's last season as coach of the Eagles (Probably retires, unlikely fired).

Homer. Jay Cutler wins offensive player of the year (but not MVP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 08-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
2. Tim Tebow makes the playoffs.
Is he being traded?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Is he being traded?
Is he an expansion team?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Is he being traded?
Oops... That was supposed to say Pro Bowl. My bad.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow has no need for a team. He has Jesus.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Mark Sanchez having a breakout year? I expect his completion percentage to shoot way up this year, and him to develop into a more consistent starter.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Houston Texans make the playoffs and better yet win their division. Going to (finally) ride on their bandwagon and they will finish their division at 11-5 and finish 3rd in the AFC and set themselves up in a 1st round game with Indy. Kubiak will get extended so it might not be a total win for Texans fans at the end of the day.

2) San Diego will reach the Super Bowl and represent the AFC this year.

3) Kellen Clemens gets the QB job midseason for Washington and rolls with it, being respectable at the position.

4) AJ Green will be one of 4 rookies from the 2011 NFL Draft to make the pro bowl.

5) Have a bad feeling in my gut for some strange reason but I can see the Jets finishing 10-6 and get shafted from the playoffs by seeing the Ravens and Colts take the wildcard spots.

Homer pick: Jeremy Kerley, the Jets 5th round pick, will have 2-3 punt return touchdowns this season.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about the Texans. I think that team needed everyone to stop picking them to make the playoffs for them to actually make the playoffs. They've made enough improvements (Wade Phillips, Jonathan Joseph, Danieal Manning, JJ Watt) to make up for the fact that they're soft and their QB isn't nearly as good as most think. One and done in the playoffs though.

On the same token, the Lions will suck again. Not a bold prediction until you realize everyone is picking them to finish over .500. This isn't a homer thing either, this is just me picking against the popular "bad team that finished strong and is ready to make the next step." That team always sucks. Something about a losing team with high expectations doesn't do it for me.

The Colts will also suck. They were on the verge of sucking last year. Manning is probably going to be on PUP all preseason and all of their notable offseason additions were awful players, besides Castonzo. Even with Clark and Collie at full health, it seems like the Colts are going to try the same things they've been doing for years, but with comparatively watered down talent and opposing teams having a pretty good idea of how to beat them. Their division is stronger all around. Feels like 8-8 at best.

Starting to run out of strong opinions......St. Louis will clinch the NFC West a couple weeks early and be the good team whose final record makes them look more mediocre than they really were On the same note, San Francisco will finish a game or two back with Kaepernick winning a couple games at the end of the year.

Cam wins offensive rookie of the year with numbers similar numbers to 06 Vince Young (and similar team success). People ***** about this nonstop.

Also, Vince Young plays a few games and plays well. He lands a starting job in '12.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Matt Ryan will be this years "Aaron Rodgers" and lead his team to the superbowl

2 Raiders will makes the playoffs at 9-7

3 The Colts won't make the playoffs, while the Texans do and become contenders

4 Cam Newton will actually look decent, may even lead a 4th quarter drive for the win a couple times

5 Tim Tebow will be a starter by week 8

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. A defensive player will have 20+ sacks.

2. Peyton Manning, will miss the playoffs.

3. Joshua Freeman is a MVP nominee.

4. Eagles don't live up to the hype!

5. Albert Haynesworth makes the pro bowl.

Homer prediction
: LeGarrette Blount rushes for 1,300+ yards!

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 08-13-2011 at 05:14 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone's gonna have to explain this Raiders thing to me. Did they not lose their two best players, as well as Robert Gallery, and not even have a first round pick? Where's this improvement coming from? More Jacoby Ford? Less Bruce Gradkowski?

Also, on a more minor note, I can't think of a team more negatively affected by the new kickoff rule. Ford won't get as many opportunities, and Janikowski would have a ton of touchbacks anyway.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Dolphins win the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes" with the worst record in the NFL, winning only 1 game(Washington).

2. Rams win the west with a 9-7 record then make it all the way to the NFC Championship Game vs the Falcons

3. Randy Moss stays retired

4. Colts miss playoffs/Texans win AFC South, lose to Ravens in AFC championship.

5. Matt Ryan wins MVP, Jamaal Charles wins OPOY, Mario Williams wins DPOY, Julio Jones wins OROY, Nick Fairley wins DROY

6. HOMER- Victor Cruz or Ramses Barden breaks out in a big way

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 08-13-2011 at 04:40 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Someone's gonna have to explain this Raiders thing to me. Did they not lose their two best players, as well as Robert Gallery, and not even have a first round pick? Where's this improvement coming from? More Jacoby Ford? Less Bruce Gradkowski?

Also, on a more minor note, I can't think of a team more negatively affected by the new kickoff rule. Ford won't get as many opportunities, and Janikowski would have a ton of touchbacks anyway.
I'd love for someone to explain it to me too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Mark Sanchez makes the Pro-Bowl
2.Rams make the playoffs
3.Kenny Britt leads the league in TD catches.
4.Mike Vick wins MVP
5.Randy Moss joins the eagles or Jets.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's next to impossible for this to happen, barring injury to both Michael Vick AND Vince Young, or injury to Michael Vick and Vince Young goes crazy and AWOL or something.

There is too much talent on that team to miss the playoffs. Winning a Super Bowl is entirely different, but as long as your team has enough talent it's really hard to miss the playoffs.

Anyway, here are my predictions:

- The Pittsburgh Steelers will miss the playoffs and struggle to break .500. Everyone will talk about the Super Bowl loser's curse, but in a few years we will look back on this season as the end of an era. Troy Polamalu is getting older, Dick LeBeau can't keep coaching forever, and all of the front-line defensive starters are being replaced by recent draft picks. I don't think Pittsburgh can sustain the decade-long run of draft success they've had and this franchise will no longer be a perennial contender with the new generation of defensive players, and it starts this season. Roethlisberger and the offensive players will continue to produce, but the days of elite Pittsburgh defenses are over.

- The Indianapolis Colts will miss the playoffs and Manning's skills will begin to visibly erode. It's bound to happen eventually. Peyton Manning will begin to decline at some point, and probably sooner than later. I think it begins this season. Their offensive line was terrible last year and they are counting on two rookies to improve it this year. Manning will have a mediocre season by his standards, and the Colts will barely miss the playoffs by finishing with an 8-8 or 9-7 type of record, and look up at the Texans in the standings. And once Manning is gone, this team will sink into obscurity because they are nothing without him (Curtis Painter? No.).

- The NFC West will be won by the Rams or the Cardinals. The Seahawks and the 49ers will fight for the privilege of drafting Andrew Luck. This one's not so bold, but I'm surprised by how many people consider the Seahawks a contender for the NFC West crown. Under NO circumstances will this happen. I am extremely confident that the Seahawks will win no more than 4-5 games at most, and I am likewise confident that the Rams and the Cardinals will both have winning records and one of the two, probably the Rams, will win the division and make the playoffs.

- Either the New York Giants or the New Orleans Saints will be the team to emerge from the NFC playoff field to play in the Super Bowl. Everyone is down on the Giants in the offseason due to some losses in free agency, and a lack of interesting moves made. On the contrary, I believe this team could be one of the strongest in the league this year. The defense will be potent with a slew of new defensive stars emerging, and Eli Manning will have a career year throwing to emerging stars such as Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. Similarly, the Saints have flown under the radar, but have quietly had a stellar off-season by adding bruising power back Mark Ingram and several defensive linemen who will vastly improve their run and pass defense. This is a team that could easily regain the dominance they displayed just two years ago. Rather than the Packers or the Eagles, the 2011 Super Bowl will feature the Giants or the Saints playing against the AFC representative.

- The Packers miss the playoffs. I have a feeling about this for some reason. There's no real reason to expect the Packers to miss the playoffs, but I have a slight feeling that their might be a massive Super Bowl hangover in effect here. Or a serious injury of some sort to a key player, like Rodgers (which isn't inconceivable considering that he missed a few games last year due to injury as a direct result of his playing style).

- The Tampa Bay Bucs will regress after overachieving in 2010 and disappoint all the people picking them as a sleeper playoff team in 2011. I'm not buying the Tampa Bay hype. Are they better than the 2009 team that went 3-13? Absolutely. Is Josh Freeman one of the best ascending young quarterbacks? Probably. But this team has done little to push their roster into the realm of the elite in the NFL, especially on the defensive side. Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn are far from "locks" to even contribute in 2011 and beyond. Bowers is a medical question mark who was an overrated prospect even before the injury, and Clayborn didn't exactly light up CFB last year. Gerald McCoy may or may not improve in his second year, but he's certainly not as much of a given to be an impact player as, say, Suh. This defensive line could still be very mediocre, and if it's not pressuring the quarterback, QBs will tear up this mediocre secondary. Who's in that secondary but a 90-year-old Ronder Barber and the CB with the most character concerns in the entire NFL (Talib)? I predict no better than 8-8 this year. And then you have to factor in that they play in a division with two of the best teams in the NFL. Both the Saints and the Falcons look to be superior to the Bucs even if the Bucs are an above-average team this year. So it will be incredibly hard to picture the Bucs winning more than, say, 8-9 games at most if they have to play the Falcons and Saints twice each. And in that division, that isn't enough to make the playoffs.

- The Redskins will win at least *10* games this year and compete for the division title. John Beck and Rex Grossman both look adequate enough to run Shanahan's offense. As I said before in other threads, there is a RB on their roster (whether that's Helu, or Hightower, or Royster that is guaranteed to get at least 1000+ yards and maybe even as many as 1500 yards. So their offense will be at least decent. And defensively, I think they made some of the best moves of the offseason by signing Stephen Bowen, Barry Cofield, OJ Otogwe and Josh Wilson. Their drafting of Ryan Kerrigan will also be huge. This defense is going to be *studly* this year and will allow the offense to run the football with impunity.

Last edited by JBCX : 08-20-2011 at 11:11 AM.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Preseason just started, so I think it's about time we heard some bold predictions. Not Green Bay is going to win the Super Bowl or Seattle is going to suck. BOLD! So give five bold picks plus one bold homer pick.

2. Tim Tebow makes the Pro Bowl.

4. Rex Grossman has a career year (let's say 3500-25-12) and leads Washington to 8 wins.

5. This is Andy Reid's last season as coach of the Eagles (Probably retires, unlikely fired).

Homer. Jay Cutler wins offensive player of the year (but not MVP).
So is "Bold" code for bat**** crazy?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ravens take there division and the stealers miss the playoffs setting themselves up for a run to the AFC championship game against the Pats (no prediction on winner)

2. The NFC West becomes a good/competitive division

3. The Chiefs win the AFC west and the Lords of no rings miss the playoffs

4. Cam Newton isn't bad at all

5. Falcons represent the NFC in the Super Bowl

Homer: Cam Newton wins OROY and has the best year of any of the 2011 QB's and solidifies his spot as the starter: Despite what my brain tells me, just a gut feeling for some reason

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post

- Either the New York Giants or the New Orleans Saints will be the team to emerge from the NFC playoff field to play in the Super Bowl.
This is not a bold prediction, but I like it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Detroit Lions go to playoffs.

BOOM!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
So is "Bold" code for bat**** crazy?
I don't think they are that crazy.

1. The Rams almost mad the playoffs with a Rookie Sam Bradford. I think he takes his play to the next level and takes them to the playoffs. I am also a believer in Kevin Kolb. I'm not predicting both teams make the playoffs, but it could conceivably happen.

2. The Pro Bowl isn't about the best players. It's about the most popular. I think Tebow becomes the starter early in the season and gets voted in by the fans.

3. Michael Vick has never led his team to back-to-back playoff appearances. Even with all that talent. I think they will an extreme disappointment.

4. Rex Grossman has talent and at times can play at a Pro Bowl level. He actually has good offensive coaches this year. They have winnable games like Carolina, Miami, Buffalo, Seattle, San Francisco, and Minnesota. I bet they can steal a division game or two as well.

5. I agree this one is crazy. But I'm just thinking that maybe they are going all-in because they know Andy Reid is about to call it quits.

6. Hey, Jay Cutler was my homer pick. But in Martz's first year as offensive coordinator at St. Louis, Kurt Warner won the MVP. He won another MVP in Martz's second season as Head Coach. Jon Kitna had two 4000 yard seasons with Martz.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think they are that crazy.

1. The Rams almost mad the playoffs with a Rookie Sam Bradford. I think he takes his play to the next level and takes them to the playoffs. I am also a believer in Kevin Kolb. I'm not predicting both teams make the playoffs, but it could conceivably happen.
Actually, you ARE predicting both teams make the playoffs

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Andy Dalton has a winning record.

2. Philadelphia Eagles don't finish top 7 in pass D.

3. The Jets don't make the playoffs.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Legarrette Blount leads NFL in rushing.

2. Mark Sanchez throws 30 touchdown passes.

3. Cam Newton leads Panthers to playoffs and wins rookie of the year.

4. Packers miss playoffs.

5. T.O. signs with the Vikings and he and McNabb lead Vikings to playoffs.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Juice View Post
2. Mark Sanchez throws 30 touchdown passes.
You're trying too hard. He had 30 Touchdowns and Interceptions combined last year. The Jets offense isn't built for Mark to even be able to reach 30 TD.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

All this Falcons/Matt Ryan love reminds me of one I forgot: the Falcons will miss the playoffs. And keep in mind, I had Julio Jones as my #1 overall prospect. But while they have a ton of weapons on offense, Mularkey won't use them properly, IMO. Turner and Gonzalez seem pretty washed up, and I just don't see Matt Ryan being as great as everyone thinks he is; I think he's a slightly better Matt Schaub; on the outside of the top ten QB's looking in. Good enough to win a Super Bowl, but not if he has to put the team on his back. They'll have a tougher schedule, a better division, not as much luck, no Harvey Dahl, and I don't think Ray Edwards and Julio Jones makes up for that. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you who I'm picking in this division; I don't think first place and last place will be separated by that much. I just know I don't like Atlanta.

And in lieu of a homer pick, I'll just make a homer statement, since I don't really know what to make of the 2011 Bears yet: Jay Cutler is a better QB than Matt Ryan. He might not get that recognition any time soon, but I would be willing to bet that Jay ends up with a super bowl in his career, and Matt Ryan doesn't.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 08-14-2011 at 02:31 AM.