Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Picks you hated at the time...

That ended up proving the pros know more than you. On the giants bored we were just talking about when JPP got picked and most everyone except me, BBD and someone else hated that pick at the time, but now everyone loves having JPP. I felt that way about taking 25 year old Aaron Ross in the first round although he helped us win a superbowl. Any that pop into your guys' heads?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the CJ2K pick. Not because of his ability but because the previous 4 seasons we had spent two 2nds and two 3rds on the group of Chris Brown, Travis Henry, Lendale White and Chris Henry.

Oops.

But I loved the Kenny Britt pick! (e-cred restored, right?)
Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tamba Hali.

I fail at life...

It's not so much that I didn't want him but I felt he was more of a second round kinda player not mid first round. (Whoops)
Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones
Matt Flynn
Nick Barnett

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hated hood as a DE, and i still do.....i think he will end up playing nose for us though and i like him in that role.

but the picks that actually managed to ruin my day were Kraig Urbik and Frank Summers....abysmal picks, summers wasnt even draftable and urbik was a huge reach in the 3rd.

Picks that were rumored were revis and carriker the year we took timmons, revis made me look dumb but i hated him and the thought of carriker at 15 made me cringe
Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin McCourty- I called my brother and had a 15 minute conversation about how we should have taken Kyle Wilson if we had to take a CB.

Logan Mankins- Had never really heard of him predraft, and was shocked that we picked him.

Richard Seymour- He barely got to the QB at Georgia, and I didn't think he had a true position. Turns out he was just awesome at all of them.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 08-16-2011 at 01:01 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say I hated Devin McCourty but I was definitely hoping for New England to draft either Jared Odrick or Sergio Kindle. Then again, those last two guys have promising futures ahead of them and New England has yet to definitively address either position. I wasn't a big fan of the Patrick Chung or Sebastian Vollmer picks either - Vollmer was not considered to be anywhere near a second round pick, and as for Chung, I was hoping for one of the USC linebackers (Maualuga, Cushing, Matthews.)
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really start following the draft seriously until 08, and the Colts haven't drafted well since 2006, so I don't have much to say here. I guess I didn't like Fili Moala in the 2nd in 09. He may prove me wrong this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kevin Kolb pick made me ill for a couple days. I'm pretty happy with the way that ended up though.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor Price and Steven Ridley are the two most recent examples that pop into my head. I thought we left impact players on the board with both of those at the time. It's still early, but both of them are coming along quite nicely.

I really disliked the Chung pick for similar reasons. He's proved himself to be a real good player at this point.

I don't think I've ever really hated any of the guys we've picked. If we're talking about hating guys we haven't picked...that's another story. I don't think I'll ever get over directly passing on Clay Matthews. He was my favorite prospect that year :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bucs:

-Davin Joseph: He's one of the better OGs in the league. He wasn't as good the last 2 years because they went from a power blocking scheme to Zone and that wasnt a good fit for a 320 lb mauler. Got a new o-line coach and back to powerblocking scheme so he'll be back to his old self.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the JPP pick not because I didn't have faith in him as a player but because the Giants already had three (maybe 4) DEs already. Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, (I'm unsure if Strahan left already or not) when they had huge needs at LB and corner. But back to the topic the biggest miss that I remember having was Matt Ryan although I didn't think he'd bust I though he wouldn't be anything great.

But I loved Elvis Dumervil coming out though

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Freeman .... I wanted ....Larry English ... yeah ....

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I hated the JPP pick not because I didn't have faith in him as a player but because the Giants already had three (maybe 4) DEs already. Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, (I'm unsure if Strahan left already or not) when they had huge needs at LB and corner. But back to the topic the biggest miss that I remember having was Matt Ryan although I didn't think he'd bust I though he wouldn't be anything great.

But I loved Elvis Dumervil coming out though
strahan was 3 years deep in retirement lol
Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
strahan was 3 years deep in retirement lol
-_- After enough years they all blend together I'm only a few years younger than CJ :/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't super sold on guys like Ngata and Flacco. I just thought that Ngata had real questionable work ethic and that he was know to take plays off, but he doesn't really have that problem now with Ray Lewis demanding more of him. For Flacco, I didn't know that much about him but on the surface a 1st round QB out of Delaware sounds like a bad move. I knew he had tools to succeed but I thought he really was gonna need more time to develop before even having a shot at being a decent player.

The only draft pick I can remember that I honestly really really didn't like was when we took Ray Rice in the 2nd. We already had Willis as out starter and I thought we could grab a solid back up later on. I didn't think he had real burst was just basically a "strong midget." Even in his first year I thought he looked like he didn't explode on any plays. He clearly worked hard in his 1st offseason because he came back as a completely different running back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hated Flacco to the Ravens. I thought he'd be garbage and was a 3rd round project.

Last edited by Monomach : 08-16-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I thought Joe Flacco would be garbage and that Brady Quinn would be really good.

Maybe I just suck at evaluating QBs. I have a much better record with any other position.
there wasnt much to not like about quinn.

and look at flaccos overall body of work and you'll see that you werent that far off lol
Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only picks i really hated for the Bengals were Chris Perry because we passed on Chris Gamble and Andre Smith because i knew he was going to bust. So i was right to be pissed about those picks.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones is the only guy that I was not a fan of that TT has taken and been wrong about...otheriwse i've been pretty accurate in my assessment of his selections

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
there wasnt much to not like about quinn.

and look at flaccos overall body of work and you'll see that you werent that far off lol
Flacco is seriously overrated by some here. At one point people were saying he was better than Matt Ryan. It's too bad because he seems like a nice, funny guy. Just not what I would expect out of a 3rd year player with a great OL in front of him, an excellent running game, a shut-down defense to get him the ball back, and a very solid set of receivers to throw to.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess these guys turned out good then...

Kiwi

JPP

are the two big ones..It's not the talent itself, but rather the damn position. Did we really need another DE??! Come on now! It's ok not to draft a defensive player in the first round for once. Not going to kill us!

Curse you BBD! I blame you for this!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of Devin Hester.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Flacco is seriously overrated by some here. At one point people were saying he was better than Matt Ryan. It's too bad because he seems like a nice, funny guy. Just not what I would expect out of a 3rd year player with a great OL in front of him, an excellent running game, a shut-down defense to get him the ball back, and a very solid set of receivers to throw to.
That's the camp I'm in on Flacco as well; both now and then. I thought he rose far too quickly during the draft. He's justified his draft position with his production, but at the time I really didn't think it was a safe pick for where he was selected.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Pats I would say Mankins, McCourty, Chung, and Vollmer were picks that had me scratching my head but they worked out. Ridley, Price, Vereen, Mallet, and Dowling fit the bill but they really haven't done anything meaningful yet.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote