Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the Percy Harvin pick at the time. Just because Oher, Nicks and Britt were still there.

So I guess that Harvin pick turn out ok? lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How you guys didn't take Oher is beyond me.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:01 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.

In 1992, I didn't understand the selection of Tommy Maddox. Denver needed Carl Pickens a lot more.

I also didn't understand the pick of Richard Quinn in the second round two years ago.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Loved at the time; hate now:

Aaron Rouse
Javon Walker
Pat Lee
I wanted Javon Walker in that draft so bad. But I was more than happy when we drafted Antonio Bryant in the 2nd. Turns out the guy was bat **** crazy. Still talented as hell, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I hated the Percy Harvin pick at the time. Just because Oher, Nicks and Britt were still there.

So I guess that Harvin pick turn out ok? lol
Same.. I wanted Oher over Harvin. I was really pissed we took Harvin. But like you said, I guess it turned out ok.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was an Aaron Rodgers hater going into the 2005 Draft. I laughed as he fell in the draft...until it got to the early 20s. Then, I got nervous.

Oops.

But...I LOVED the Brian Brohm pick 3 years later. I thought he was the future.

I win the fail contest.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrius Heyward-Bey. I thought it was a terrible pick but it just goes to show al knew something about the kid that I didn't.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one i that popped in my head right away.. nick mangold & kellen clemens, instead of trading picks to get cutler

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one I'll always be mad about is when Stephen Jackson fell to us and we wound up trading out of the pick and selecting Julius Jones later.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
The one I'll always be mad about is when Stephen Jackson fell to us and we wound up trading out of the pick and selecting Julius Jones later.
Fans of the team trading up aren't too happy about that one, either.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wanted Larry Johnson over Polamalu at the time. I think I may have even been hoping for Steven Jackson over Ben the following year. I didn't hate either pick, I Just wanted different guys.

I hated the Timmons/Woodley picks at the time as I felt we were relatively set at LB compared to other positions like OL. Still kind of true as we still lack talent at OL, but I obviously wouldn't take back the picks.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't a fan of the Timmons pick by the Steelers, thought he was the next Alonzo Jackson

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I've hated any of the guys Reese drafted. The Jerry Reese era has been good to me.

I think the last pick I hated was Accorsi's last year. I hated that we took Kiwi. I wanted Winston Justice so bad. So that turned out well for us.

Oh. Phillip Dillard in the 4th. I didn't want us to take a LB, I figure what's the point of taking a mediocre LB here when we have more talent at other positions on the board?

I wanted Geno Atkins BAD. So I was upset that we didn't take a chance on Geno in the 3rd or 4th. I liked Jimmy Graham a lot too but I knew we wouldn't take him bc we drated Beckum.

Yuck. Right now I'd love to have Graham or Geno on our team.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and Mitch Petrus. I wanted the Center from BC bc I knew O'Hara was washed up and we'd need a Center.

Turns out Petrus is going to be a stud in the making. The guy is a beast, now I'm very happy we made that pick.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was extremely pissed when we drafted matt ryan. Like, EXTREMELY mad.. now he's my favorite player in the nfl.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also i hated the Arrelious Benn pick, i wanted Golden Tate sooooo bad!!!!!

I kinda like the pick now, since we ended up getting Mike Williams in the 4th.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't hated many Thompson picks. I trust him.
I didn't like the Jordy Nelson pick, mainly because of the position. He's turned out to be quite valuable.

I sadly liked the Brohm pick. Thought it was a slamdunk Matt Schaub scenario waiting to happen.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Also i hated the Arrelious Benn pick, i wanted Golden Tate sooooo bad!!!!!

I kinda like the pick now, since we ended up getting Mike Williams in the 4th.
The jury is out on those 2. I felt the same way at the time, but I didn't know that Olson had plans to use Benn as a playmaker on scripted running plays, bubble screens, etc. He's been excellent in his role as a YAC guy and deep threat.

Tate probably would've been a shorter version of MW19, so it made sense not to draft him.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hated the Pettigrew pick for the Lions. We could have had Oher, but you cant argue with his production so far.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since 2005...

I hated the selections of ...

Rasheed Marshall
Patrick Estes
Brandon Williams
Jay Moore
Kentwan Balmer
Chilo Rachal
Cody Wallace
Glen Coffee
Taylor Mays

Guess I was right

But to be fair I loved the selections of...

Daven Holly
Marcus Maxwell
Manny Lawson
Parys Haralson
Joe Staley
Thomas Clayton
Scott McKillop
Nate Davis
Anthony Davis
Old 08-29-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

For the Bucs:

Almost every draft pick the team had while Gruden was head coach. They just didn't seem to take the draft seriously.

A couple of others/highlights
1997 - I have to admit I didn't like the Warwick Dunn pick - thought he was way to small.
2001 - Kenyatta Walker when Steve Hutchinson was sitting there!!! I was screaming at the TV on that one.
2004 - Taking Michael Clayton with Steven Jackson sitting on the board and you have no RB worth a damn on your roster!!!!
2005 - Carnell Williams - extremely rare that a top 10 pick should be used on a RB.
2007 - Gaines Adams - I thought he had bust written all over him.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote