Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vikings vs. Seahawks Gameday Thread

Minnesota Vikings vs. Minnesota Vikings castoffs. Discuss.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Sherels getting the first punt return? What does Jaymar have to do?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherels trying to redeem himself from the fumble. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Assuming we keep 5 the last CB spot is an interesting battle right now between Sherels and Burton. Chances are better we can slip Sherels to the PS again so Burton may have a leg up but Sherels made a few plays in the run game last week and now the pick six this week. Also they apparently like him as a PR too although he hasn't looked like anything special to me.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Mistral Raymond is getting playing time tonight.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Heard a lot of good things about him. Good play on that pass in the endzone but you have to catch that....we haven't had a safety who can make plays since that one year of good Darren Sharper.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The special teams looks awesome. Which is really weird.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Just some thoughts...

Our O line is a mess. Loadholt got abused tonight. There was missed blocking assignments. Proabably had to do with all the personal shifting.

McNabb looked pretty good. I dont think he is going to be called upon to pass farther then 5 yards. lol Its just the way our offense is going to be set up. Lots of stuff underneath. Our backs and TE are going to have a ton of catches.

Not to bad by Ponder. He showed some poise and mobility. Had a couple of bad throws. But he was playing against the Seattle starters for the most part.

We have no safeties. Abdullah will be one starter for sure. Im not sure about the other. None of them are worth a ****.

Micheal Jenkins has looked...not so terrible in his limited playing time so far. It would be great if he could end up contributing more then just blocking. Didnt see much of Jaymar Johnson tonight.

We need to hold on to Lorenzo Booker. Other then maybe a couple fumbles in the last 2 games, the guy looked really good.

Erin Henderson and Everson Griffen have really played well the last couple of games. Robinson has looked solid too. This makes me feel better about losing Edwards and Leber. I know its pre season, but it looks like we might be ok there.

Marcus Sherels has been getting a lot of time on the field. Im guessing they are going to try to find a way of getting a spot on the roster for him.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After how some of these corners played in this game, this is going to be a really tough call! Burton shows great promise as a rookie, Tony Carter I always liked on FSU and he had a very solid game and stood up very well in coverage. Marcus Sherels clearly had a standout game as well, then you have Cord Parks who absolutely sticks guys in tackling and has good speed. Last by not least is Devon Torrence, a good athlete with some upside and potential.

It was just one game but based on play I would have a hard time seeing some of these players make the team over other ones.

Antoine Winfield
Cedric Griffin
Marcus Sherels
Brandon Burton
Chris Cook
Tony Carter
Asher Allen
Cord Parks
Devon Torrence

This is how I would rank them, I really dislike Cook, I would honestly want Carter or Parks on the team instead of him, and if we let Sherels or Burton go it is a mistake. And Allen is ok, but not sure he showed up as good as some of these other guys. Going to be a tough call, might have to keep six of them and try one at safety like Cook or Torrence.

For safeties I say they cut Tyrell Johnson, and keep Raymond who has more upside clearly. And Frampton is such a star as a special teams guy, it would be hard to let him go.

Quote:
General Zod Erin Henderson and Everson Griffen have really played well the last couple of games. Robinson has looked solid too. This makes me feel better about losing Edwards and Leber. I know its pre season, but it looks like we might be ok there.
I agree, Erin Henderson is playing lights out, tackling machine, if he plays like this during the season he is a massive upgrade over Ben Leber last year. And Griffen gets consistent pressure on the quarterback, has a few good pass rush moves and hopefully will be the starter when the season comes around.

Quote:
General Zod We need to hold on to Lorenzo Booker. Other then maybe a couple fumbles in the last 2 games, the guy looked really good.
Booker is a lock, we have no 3rd down back that can go catch passes and be a change of pace guy, he is on the team.

Oh and Tarvaris Jackson, I feel sorry for the guy. Seattle thinks he is some savior and I doubt that will happen. Guy throws with zero touch, has bad feel in the pocket, throws poor deep balls, is no accurate and has not second gear on his ball. Hopefully for him he can play well but I would not be surprised to see Whitehurst play over him, hell just throwing the ball Portis is possibly better than him.

No idea why Bevell took him out there, as if he is some star in the weeds, I doubt that will ever happen. He looked the exact same as he did on Minnesota. Good thing for them they run the ball a lot on offense and are not expecting much out of him.

Last edited by Ozzy : 08-21-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Ozzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Who I would keep-
Winfield
Griffin
Cook
Burton
Sherels

Who I would keep accepting the fact that we most likely won't cut Allen-
Winfield
Griffin
Cook
Allen
Burton
Old 08-21-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yo123 Who I would keep-
Winfield
Griffin
Cook
Burton
Sherels

Who I would keep accepting the fact that we most likely won't cut Allen-
Winfield
Griffin
Cook
Allen
Burton
I say we cut Asher, he does not show the toughness Burton shows. And if you just want a little quick corner that is smooth in coverage keep Sherels over Allen because Sherels has shown more so far than Allen.

Still I would have a hard time cutting Parks or Tony Carter as well, especially considering maybe Cook can play free safety, then again his tackling is nothing great.

Regardless, very impressed with the tackling those young corners have shown, especially last night.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I say we cut Asher too, but the reps he's gotten during TC and the first preseason game point strongly to him not being cut. Parks might make the PS, Carter has no shot.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-21-2011 at 06:46 PM.