Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Conduct Policy during lockout?

Question, can Roger Goodell actually punish players who got into trouble during the lockout? I mean, no players were employed and since there was no CBA, there was no conduct policy.

I thought I read somewhere that if Goodell starts handing out suspensions, the NFL PA may take this to a legal matter, as there was no conduct policy without a CBA>.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There shouldn't be any suspensions, but you know ... Goodell is a douche.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 08-22-2011 at 11:15 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The possibility of Kenny Britt being suspended is supposedly "still on the table," and he suspended Terrell Pryor before he was even a part of the league. So I think he'll at least try.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The possibility of Kenny Britt being suspended is supposedly "still on the table," and he suspended Terrell Pryor before he was even a part of the league. So I think he'll at least try.
True, but I think there is a possibility the NFL PA can take this to a legal matter. Technically, all of these players were unemployed at the time during the lockout since they couldn't practice, could not even step foot in the facitilities, and weren't getting paid.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to V.I.P again.

I lol'd

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He better not suspend Kenny, he is on my fantasy football team,favorite team and he is going to have breakout year plus <3 him. He is our best WR since Drew Bennett.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodell will find a way.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I still found him suspending Pryor complete BS.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He suspended me for jaywalking on my way to the parking lot after work today, Britt is screwed.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really against players getting suspended for messing up during the lock out. If they did something worthy of suspension then I hope the get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I hate Goodell, could they have picked a worse freaking Commissioner? All the guy has done is ruin the league...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't see a valid argument against goodell suspending players during the lockout. they were still nfl employees, they were just in the midst of a labor dispute (for instance, all contracts signed before are still valid). further, i don't see why he'd be unable to penalize a free agent who broke the conduct policy, just because the guy didn't have a contract at the time, and that's a *far* more valid question.

tl;dr - repeating 'they were unemployed' doesn't actually mean they weren't employed.
They weren't getting paid and they weren't going to 'work' or practicing offiicially.

There was NO CBA, meaning there was no Conduct Policy at that time. That means they violated nothing during the lockout because there was no league conduct policy to violate.

Listen, I'm all for player punishments of the conduct policy, but honestly, do you even want to know how many players were Juicing hard during the lockout because they could not be tested? Heck they definately got away with it, and can't and won't be touched.

Thats my valid argument.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And this has nothing to do with Aqib Talib meeting with Roger Goodell this week...

I don't think you start this thread if he wasn't.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
And this has nothing to do with Aqib Talib meeting with Roger Goodell this week...

I don't think you start this thread if he wasn't.
It's not just that, but I mean, if Albert Haynesworth avoids suspension for his violation, why can't Britt and Talib?

Also, what about Cedric Benson? Cullen Jenkins? They all got into trouble. Heck, even Braylon Edwards, from his DUI arrest last year hasn't heard anything from the league as well.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I also was one of the Bucs fans that was fed up with Talib and wanted him cut immediately after hearing the news of his actions.

However, I feel differently now that more information came out that he came to the defense of his sister and only reacted because the guy beat her and had a gun and was trespassing.

Plus, Mark Dominik even thought about cutting him, that is why there were many reports of that happening from tampa tribune. Then, once the lockout was lifted, they were able to speak to Talib's lawyers and got more information, which made them change there mind.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

So, your telling me not 1 NFL player was juicing during the lockout? Looks like Shawn Merriman is back to form again in preseason so far.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure, there was a lockout but that shouldn't allow players to go out and do whatever the hell they want. If this does become an issue, I'll side with the NFL.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I hate Goodell, could they have picked a worse freaking Commissioner? All the guy has done is ruin the league...
Yup, ruined the league by continuing to increase its exposure and popularity making it even more popular than it was when he took over! RUINED!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:19 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly haven't see a major failure that Goodell directly caused. He is trying to make the game more popular and profitable and I think he is doing just fine at that. I just don't see a basis for all the tons of hate the guy gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 AM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Yup, ruined the league by continuing to increase its exposure and popularity making it even more popular than it was when he took over! RUINED!
I could be commissioner of the league and the growth rate would still be ridiculous. Goodell has had little to no affect on that. It's a self-prospering business, it doesn't need a commissioner to grow, much less a ****** one.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He is our best WR since Drew Bennett.

This made me laugh.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorn View Post
I could be commissioner of the league and the growth rate would still be ridiculous. Goodell has had little to no affect on that. It's a self-prospering business, it doesn't need a commissioner to grow, much less a ****** one.
Wonderful, then you wouldn't be doing a bad job either.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

He's made the game less physical. Honestly, I understand a few rules because of player safety but some of them are garbage. I mean, Brady goes down in 2009 because a guy tackles him from the ground to get the sack.

Next offseason, that is prohibited. Injuries are a part of the game, if other teams have to suffer losing there QB, then so does New ENgland.

Like I said before, if Suh ever conducted that hit he did on Andy Dalton on Tom Brady, he'd be suspended immediately.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really confused as to how the NFL is justifying that the conduct code is still in effect because it is separate from the CBA, they didn't really explain why in the article njx posted, they just basically said "because we say so" which in the NFL is all that really matters but I'd like to know if this was in some type or writing or something the players were aware of before the lockout started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Wonderful, then you wouldn't be doing a bad job either.
The NFL is succeeding in spite of Roger Goodell not because of him. The success of the league as a whole has little reflection of the job he has done as a commissioner, which has been a ****** one.

So in case you don't understand what i'm trying to say here, he sucks.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote