Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2nd deck at Stanford Stadium
Posts: 8,025
Reputation: 1782109
niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not a huge fan of the newer contact rules, but at least they are trying to increase some player safety. It kinda sucks but its not a huge deal to me.

The game in London is kinda stupid imo, but he wouldn't be doing his job if he did at least attempt it. Expanding interest internationally is a big opportunity financially.

What else has he done to ruin the game? I'm not trying to be smug or anything, but I honestly am oblivious of his massive mistakes.


I still booed the **** out of him at the draft though. :p
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Anyone see Ocho Cincos tweet to Roger Goodell today?

After Mason Foster, rookie Tampa Bay MLB, was fined 20K for the hit against Chad, he tweeted saying the hit was legal and that he'll reimburse him.

Wonder what Goodell is going to say about that?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Above The Law, But Under The Influence
Posts: 2,804
Reputation: 253654
V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Aqib Talib meet with Goodell yesterday, dun dun dunn....
__________________


Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Aqib Talib meet with Goodell yesterday, dun dun dunn....
Apparetly no decision on suspensions have been made on him and Britt.

If one is to be made, it is a 4 game suspension for Talib.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 17,069
Reputation: 4964110
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Anyone see Ocho Cincos tweet to Roger Goodell today?

After Mason Foster, rookie Tampa Bay MLB, was fined 20K for the hit against Chad, he tweeted saying the hit was legal and that he'll reimburse him.

Wonder what Goodell is going to say about that?
Most likely fine Ocho. Everything is a fine in the NFL, which is a pretty valid complaint against Goodell if you ask me. Roddy White said it best, there isn't any commission that gets together to decide these punishments, Goodell just wakes up one morning and decides who gets what for no real reason other than his own, there isn't any type of clarification on what actions receive what types of punishment. I think that's a fair knock on how he runs the NFL.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Most likely fine Ocho. Everything is a fine in the NFL, which is a pretty valid complaint against Goodell if you ask me. Roddy White said it best, there isn't any commission that gets together to decide these punishments, Goodell just wakes up one morning and decides who gets what for no real reason other than his own, there isn't any type of clarification on what actions receive what types of punishment. I think that's a fair knock on how he runs the NFL.
Agreed. I think, as commisioner, should have a say, but the NFL PA and the Owners should have put a legal system in place to handle these types of situations, such as fines, suspensions, etc.

He just determines punishments himself. I'm waiting for D. Smith to open his mouth about something. Goodell abuses his power when it comes to these situations. Fining a 3rd round pick 20 K is a lot considering the rookie scale and how much he makes for being that low of a pick while Ndmakung Suh tears a QBs helmet off and gets 15 K? Pifft, He's definately not looking at the situations very well.

guranteed Ocho gets a 10 K fine for his tweet as well.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2nd deck at Stanford Stadium
Posts: 8,025
Reputation: 1782109
niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Its not like Goodell is the sole person whose opinion goes into these decisions. The hits are reviewed by two other people before they are presented to Goodell. I'm sure that he get input from those around him before he makes a final decision. He has the decision at the end of the day but if a hit isn't really isn't worthy then it probably won't reach Goodell.

Also when a player is fined, the fine isn't immediately collected. Before week 14, the fine isn't applied until the appeals process has played out. Also the two guys who handle the appeals (Art Shell and Ted Cottrell) are jointly appointed by the league and the NFLPA to handle the appeals.

I doubt that Ocho get a real fine at all from this.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,720
Reputation: 1647898
Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Agreed. I think, as commisioner, should have a say, but the NFL PA and the Owners should have put a legal system in place to handle these types of situations, such as fines, suspensions, etc.

He just determines punishments himself. I'm waiting for D. Smith to open his mouth about something. Goodell abuses his power when it comes to these situations. Fining a 3rd round pick 20 K is a lot considering the rookie scale and how much he makes for being that low of a pick while Ndmakung Suh tears a QBs helmet off and gets 15 K? Pifft, He's definately not looking at the situations very well.

guranteed Ocho gets a 10 K fine for his tweet as well.
I agree with this. I think he has too much power in handing out fines and suspensions. Some of these guys getting fined 20k will only make 300k for a whole season if they even make a roster.

The new kick off rule and reviewing every scoring play is terrible. Stop tinkering with the game.
__________________

Last edited by Scotty D : 08-25-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I agree with this. I think he has too much power in handing out fines and suspensions. Some of these guys getting fined 20k will only make 300k for a whole season if they even make a roster.

The new kick off rule and reviewing every scoring play is terrible. Stop tinkering with the game.
What I don't get is why Foster was fined more than Suh? I mean, what was the big difference in there hits?

The ref claimed it was helmet to helmet when Foster hit Chad, but the replay shows he went in with his shoulder, perfectly legal hit.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 17,069
Reputation: 4964110
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
disagree. goodell gets reviewed by the owners every year, who determine whether or not he'll have a job in the future. if they disagreed, he'd be replaced.
Well it's not like the owners are going to fire him over fines that go to the players and not themselves (owners). I don't think the owners care too much about player fines, so I don't think even if they did disagree with the fines that they would fire Goodell over it.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 08-25-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think if he started suspending players due to these so called "illegal" hits, deemed by Goodell himself, then it'd be a different story.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Yup, ruined the league by continuing to increase its exposure and popularity making it even more popular than it was when he took over! RUINED!
Yeah because it was just crap under Tags...? The league would grow with a sarcophagus running it so I'm no sure what your point is. The reason the league has grown is because of the information age, the draft gaining popularity, Fantasy Football, etc... Doesn't have crap to do with Goodell doing anything spectacular. So he changed the draft day so they have higher ratings? Okay, so what? He made a spectacle out of it and generated some revenue, great job Goodell... What else has he done besides ruin this beautiful game that we all enjoy seeing played at the most elite and violent level of any professional sport? I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people that enjoy the game more since he's taken over but to each his own.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
disagree. goodell gets reviewed by the owners every year, who determine whether or not he'll have a job in the future. if they disagreed, he'd be replaced.
But the problem is that fans and owners are on separate sides of the fence. Goodell is an owners commissioner. I think it's pretty safe to say everything is money driven with him from expanding the schedule (which was thankfully vetoed), to changing the draft (which I like), to putting in these player safety rules (sure it helps the players but IMO their incentive is that they simply want to protect their investments).

There's a reason these owners keep voting him in and it's not because he's great for the game, it's because he's great for their wallets.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so stop spending money on the nfl. stop watching games. stop buying from nfl sponsors. ignore the nfl entirely.

because you know what? apparently this *is* all good for the game, given that the fans will kvetch and whine, but won't ever actually act like they care.

Why would I veto the NFL and stop watching a sport that I love because I dislike the commissioner?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ah, so you don't actually care that much and the nfl isn't 'ruined', in the process of 'ruination' or any similar.

or, alternately, you *would* if you actually wanted him gone. as long as you keep watching, no matter how much you hate what he does, you're giving him tacit approval to keep doing it, and giving the owners no financial incentive whatsoever to change anything.
No, I do care... Just because someone cares doesn't mean they have any power over something. Me not watching the NFL is NOT going to do anything to rid the NFL of Goodell...

You aren't making any sense, mostly because your assuming I actually spend money on the NFL...

Please make me understand how me going to a sports bar every weekend to watch my team play helps Goodell? I'm interested in your logic now...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 17,069
Reputation: 4964110
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ah, so you don't actually care that much and the nfl isn't 'ruined', in the process of 'ruination' or any similar.

or, alternately, you *would* if you actually wanted him gone. as long as you keep watching, no matter how much you hate what he does, you're giving him tacit approval to keep doing it, and giving the owners no financial incentive whatsoever to change anything.
I mean while I am an avid hater of Goodell and the direction of the NFL, njx is right here, and I won't stop watching something I love and a team I grew up with because of the way hes running the league. He's good for the league and it's employers wallets, but its bad for the sport of football, as someone previously said. There really isnt anything we as fans can do about it that would change any of this.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I mean while I am an avid hater of Goodell and the direction of the NFL, njx is right here, and I won't stop watching something I love and a team I grew up with because of the way hes running the league. He's good for the league and it's employers wallets, but its bad for the sport of football, as someone previously said. There really isnt anything we as fans can do about it that would change any of this.
njx hasn't said anything close to what your supposedly agreeing with.

You're actually agreeing with my premise but to each his own...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

So I'm giving the NFL money without spending any money? What a concept... Wish economics worked that way but they don't...

An ad homonym type response from you is what I expected. You still have not said anything of relevance or of value as to how me watching a sport for free supports Goodell in any way shape or form. Supporting a team and it's players does NOT indicate me supporting Goodell even indirectly, well not in anyone's mind but your own. Even the guy that thought he agreed with you echoed my sentiments... You're going in circles with a simple concept, so let me help...

Let me spell it out for you one more time just so there's no ambiguity... I dislike Goodell, I think he's been bad for the game but done good for the owners and players (that's my opinion), I love the game of football, one persons affect on that sport will not affect me watching it because not watching accomplishes nothing...

So how the NFL makes money is irrelevant, yes I know and I get it, but I don't care in regards to this conversation. I also live in an area that has Millions of people and tons of tourists so no, me not showing up to a bar to watch a game that I PAY NOTHING FOR will not cause some butterfly effect on the NFL or Roger Goodell.



Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do you have any vague understanding of how the nfl makes money? the *vast* majority of it comes from tv contracts. you know, things like local networks airing games, directv, etc. are you honestly under the impression that, if the games weren't being watched, nbc/abc/etc would still pay BILLIONS for the rights to air them? how about the bar owner? if no one showed up to drink on sundays because they didn't want to watch football, do you think he'd continue to put it on the tvs, or make sure he's got the super sports package so he can show all of the games on different tvs?

oh, but i get it. this is the 'other people will still watch' argument. which just makes you a hypocrite. YOU decide to give the nfl your money every time you watch a game. every time you go to a bar for a game. every time you buy a t-shirt with their logo on it. every time you buy something from their sponsors.

if you're too lazy, or like jvig said, too invested in a team you've spent years rooting for, that's fine. but don't pretend like you're not directly telling the nfl as a result that you couldn't care less what goodell does because you'll keep watching anyways.

has baseball noticed that i've quit watching since their last strike? probably not. but i hated everyone involved for what they did to it, and they won't get my money again. millions of people apparently disagree with me, and that's fine. if those same millions had agreed with me, then baseball's leadership would've changed until it was making the league money again. this is really not a difficult concept.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

It's also clear that you have no idea how to read or comprehend anything I've said... I agree with everything you said on how the NFL makes money, again I get that... (Got an A in economics BTW, thanks though! MBA FTL I guess, sigh)

The problem with your post is that you are trying to make an idea, that has nothing to do with anything I've said, relevant. How the NFL makes money is irrelevant to my premise.



Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's clear that you neither understand economics nor, apparently, do you understand how to read. you've either refused to read or are incapable of understanding how tv contracts work and i have no interest in explaining it again. please feel free to re-read, or else continue to go on believing that the nfl actually makes it's own money out of thin air, with nothing whatsoever to do with consumers. i'm sure that's a happy, little world.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,405
Reputation: -62345
jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so, your premise then, is that if everyone who was fed up with goodell quit watching nfl games, or giving them money in any direct or indirect way, that nothing would change, and the nfl owners would just accept the revenue loss? or, you're still of the opinion that because no one else would quit watching, why bother? or does an mba in economics actually not understand how the nfl makes money off of tv contracts that apply whether you watch at home or in a bar?


No, my premise IS that ONE person has NO impact on the NFL, Goodell, or anything else within that realm. The MASSES do have an impact on their bottom line, however I believe the MASSES love for the game trumps giving it up to expel him.

Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I need to have a personal vendetta against the guy. What's he or the NFL going to do if I stop watching? Beg me to come back? No, because I am not relevant in this equation. 50 million of me would be relevant. If I had the power to effect 50 million people to stop watching then I would affect their bottom line which in turn would give me the power to make a change. Do you get the economic lesson here? Supply is determined by the demand for that product. When we are talking about a market of 100M + (guesstimate) then .0000000001 % of the market WILL NOT AFFECT ANYTHING!

You must be one of those people who became a vegetarian to affect the cattle, poultry, and Pork industry.. I'm sure they miss you... And I bet you have an electric car so the Oil Company's go bankrupt... The point is that the masses control everything so whatever argument you are trying to create or prove is LOLable...
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.