Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What will happen to CJ2K?
Holdout out entire season 6 7.59%
Get traded 1 1.27%
He'll come back, and play out his contract 11 13.92%
He'll get his extension 61 77.22%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to say this titans fans, but looking at how far apart the two sides are, I say he holds out for the year.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will posture until the last second, someone will cave, they'll get a deal done, and he'll have a slow start to the season.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Sorry to say this titans fans, but looking at how far apart the two sides are, I say he holds out for the year.
It wouldn't make sense for him to holdout a whole year. Nobody will give pay a RB that's been gone a year top RB money, let alone top play maker money. I can see it going as far as week 4, anything past that and it becomes the most pointless holdout ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How often do guys just hold out hte whole season? Why do people still believe it will happen, EVERY time?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
How often do guys just hold out hte whole season? Why do people still believe it will happen, EVERY time?
VJax and Logan Mankins held out the majority of last season. I think that has to be the farthest this situation will go.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's on the field and rushing for 100+ by Week 3 against Denver. But I will say that he's not on the active roster for the opener.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
VJax and Logan Mankins held out the majority of last season. I think that has to be the farthest this situation will go.
He will hold out longer then them because he already lost a year of free agency unlike Vjax and Mankins. The only way he comes back is with a new deal.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He will hold out longer then them because he already lost a year of free agency unlike Vjax and Mankins. The only way he comes back is with a new deal.
The difference though is that I think Tennessee will cave and give him a new contract, whereas Pats and especially Chargers mgmt are more stubborn.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really, really simple. The Titans, as an organization, will fail miserably without Chris Johnson, and he knows it. Pay the man his money and move on. Don't get me wrong, I applaud the Titans for their belief in their stance so far. I wouldn't pay an employee who wasn't showing up for work either, but at this point, he's far too valuable to the organization to keep this going. And you people who are saying he'd get a second rounder in a trade are absolutely insane. If teams thought they could get him for a first, there'd be a ******* waiting line to get a call in to the Titans. RB position value may be down, but there are absolutely exceptions. CJ has a legitimate shot to hit 2K sometime again in his career, and there are teams out there who would pay heavily to have him in their backfield. I mean hell, if Deangelo Williams can get $43 million WITH John Stewart and Mike Goodson behind him, there's no reason CJ2K can't get 6 years for 70 mill with 30 guaranteed, which is what he'll want.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose holdout... but the poll only had for the whole season.
I think that's possible because I have the ***** in a keeper league.

I would bet he misses some time for sure, perhaps the whole damn year.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except they held out to the last day they could. That date has already passed now for CJ. It was moved way back to avoid what Mankins and VJ did.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It seems about how far away the CBA talks were heading into preseason IMO. Things can change quickly if either side is just holding out to a set deadline.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except they held out to the last day they could. That date has already passed now for CJ. It was moved way back to avoid what Mankins and VJ did.
Well one line of thinking is CJ at least has a fall back offer of the top paid RB in the NFL assuming the Titans weren't lying about that, so losing a season accured towards your current contract means nothing if he is prepared to choose the fall back.

CJ doesn't really have *much* leverage. There's the skill thing - sure. But he is now stuck at 2 years left on his rookie deal thanks to that CBA change to holdouts. Unless he is threatening to retire, what is he going to do, never accept the Titans offer? that's effectively the same thing, and I don't think he wants to retire.

Last edited by OzTitan : 08-26-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Well one line of thinking is CJ at least has a fall back offer of the top paid RB in the NFL assuming the Titans weren't lying about that, so losing a season accured towards your current contract means nothing if he is prepared to choose the fall back.

CJ doesn't really have *much* leverage. There's the skill thing - sure. But he is now stuck at 2 years left on his rookie deal thanks to that CBA change to holdouts. Unless he is threatening to retire, what is he going to do, never accept the Titans offer? that's effectively the same thing, and I don't think he wants to retire.
His leverage stems from the fact that your franchise is absolutely ****** without him. What are they going to do, go into a season with Hasslebeck at QB with Britt suspended and Javon Ringer in the backfield? Come on now. That is CJ2K's team, and he's gone above and beyond what was expected of him when he signed that rookie salary.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
His leverage stems from the fact that your franchise is absolutely ****** without him. What are they going to do, go into a season with Hasslebeck at QB with Britt suspended and Javon Ringer in the backfield? Come on now. That is CJ2K's team, and he's gone above and beyond what was expected of him when he signed that rookie salary.
The year CJ rushed for 2,000 yards and broke Faulk's YFS record, the Titans went 8-8. In the game against NE, one of the worst defeats in NFL history, CJ ran for 125 yards. In the first game against Houston, he rushed for 197 yards and they still lost. He's breaking records and the Titans aren't winning, so where's the value? He was healthy all last year and was 4th in rushing, yet the Titans went 6-10. So pay him between $50-$70 million so the loss doesn't look as bad?

This is my opinion: If the Titans are going to be bad without CJ, then they'll be bad no matter if they're with or without CJ. If they are going to be average without CJ, then adding CJ will be immensely important as his homeruns could single handedly help win games. If the Titans are going to be good without CJ, then adding CJ could put them over the top playoffs wise, but his value isn't as much as his value for the average team since the team can win without him.

CJ is special, and he absolutely deserves the money. But elite RB's aren't conducive to winning if the team is bad, and you said yourself that outside of CJ, the Titans don't have anyone. It's tough to shell out an immense amount of money for a guy that has less importance towards winning than solid QB and defensive play. I think the Titans do have leverage, even if CJ is by far the best player. They can simply look at him and say, "You've rushed for more yards than any other RB since you entered the leauge. Yet, the team is 27-21 in that span (Or if you exclude the 13-3 year, and only use CJ's two most recent seasons, both of which were his best statistically, the Titans are 14-18), with only one playoff appearance which was a loss."

Now, this is not to say I disagree that CJ deserves a massive contract. In the Titans forum, I suggested 5 yrs/$50 million/$30 million gtd. He absolutely gives the Titans a better chance to win, and once the team reaches the average status or good status, his value skyrockets, so as a building block for the future, it's worth extending him if the current team is poor. But as of yet and currently, CJ2K doesn't juzt winz gamezzzzzz. And I think that gives the Titans good leverage, since winning is what ultimately matters to them.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The year CJ rushed for 2,000 yards and broke Faulk's YFS record, the Titans went 8-8. In the game against NE, one of the worst defeats in NFL history, CJ ran for 125 yards. In the first game against Houston, he rushed for 197 yards and they still lost. He's breaking records and the Titans aren't winning, so where's the value? He was healthy all last year and was 4th in rushing, yet the Titans went 6-10. So pay him between $50-$70 million so the loss doesn't look as bad?

This is my opinion: If the Titans are going to be bad without CJ, then they'll be bad no matter if they're with or without CJ. If they are going to be average without CJ, then adding CJ will be immensely important as his homeruns could single handedly help win games. If the Titans are going to be good without CJ, then adding CJ could put them over the top playoffs wise, but his value isn't as much as his value for the average team since the team can win without him.

CJ is special, and he absolutely deserves the money. But elite RB's aren't conducive to winning if the team is bad, and you said yourself that outside of CJ, the Titans don't have anyone. It's tough to shell out an immense amount of money for a guy that has less importance towards winning than solid QB and defensive play. I think the Titans do have leverage, even if CJ is by far the best player. They can simply look at him and say, "You've rushed for more yards than any other RB since you entered the leauge. Yet, the team is 27-21 in that span (Or if you exclude the 13-3 year, and only use CJ's two most recent seasons, both of which were his best statistically, the Titans are 14-18), with only one playoff appearance which was a loss."

Now, this is not to say I disagree that CJ deserves a massive contract. In the Titans forum, I suggested 5 yrs/$50 million/$30 million gtd. He absolutely gives the Titans a better chance to win, and once the team reaches the average status or good status, his value skyrockets, so as a building block for the future, it's worth extending him if the current team is poor. But as of yet and currently, CJ2K doesn't juzt winz gamezzzzzz. And I think that gives the Titans good leverage, since winning is what ultimately matters to them.
Phillip Rivers

101.8 QB RTG, 4710 yds 30 TDs 13 INTs 66% completion rate

Chargers go 9-7....So does the same apply, that elite QBs aren't conducive to winning?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is relating to Frank Gore as well. His situation (final year of contract) has been described as tenuous..
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Phillip Rivers

Chargers go 9-7....So does the same apply, that elite QBs aren't conducive to winning?
Come on really, this is your example....at least go with the same position, there are so many reasons the Chargers missed the playoffs last year that don't involve Rivers, it is ridiculous. very different situation than any RB period including CJ the best rb in the game right now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Phillip Rivers

Um, the Chargers went 9-7. That's a winning record. CJ doesn't have a winning seasonal record save his rookie year when the team went 13-3 because the defense was amazing with Haynesworth, but that Titans team had the "good status" and CJ put them over the top, so his value was probably higher here than his better seasons.

Over the last three seasons, Rivers is 30-18, with two playoff births, compared to CJ's 27-21, with one playoff birth. Pretty close, huh? But if you go to the 2 most recent seasons, it becomes 22-10 for Rivers, with one playoff birth, and 14-18 for CJ, with no playoff births. That stretch of 14-18 are CJ's most productive seasons. It's because of his performance in those two seasons that he's holding out.

I'm sure there are some players that disprove my opinion. But my opinion on CJ is based on the demonstrable results over the past few years. He feels he's outperformed his contract, which he has. But the team was a loser while he was doing so over the most recent and his most productive seasons.

And yes, elite QB's are conducive to winning. But Rivers has never had a losing season. Not once. And the only time he didn't have a winning record was in 2008 when the Chargers went 8-8 - and they still made the playoffs! Rivers is an elite QB, and he's been a winner. I wouldn't use him as an example.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
There is no doubt he deserve a new deal but that's beyond the scope of this discussion and mostly irrelevant - the Titans already agree with this statement and are prepared to make him the richest RB in the NFL.

It's not like the Titans are on the verge of a Superbowl run quite yet. His talents are welcome but he simply hasn't impacted enough over the past few seasons from a raw W/L perspective to have a massive amount of leverage - just the nature of the position he plays.

At some point CJ is going to have to consider what happens if the Titans decide to retract the offer they made and simply let him sit there doing nothing. He is screwed then. Make no mistake, he wants to play football. Realistically I don't think that will happen because of what it might do to the moral of the players but CJ and his agent have to start considering at what point they decide to come down from their requirements unless he is prepared to never play again, because if the Titans are serious about their limits then that is exactly what will happen - there is no other way out of it. As the days go by, that biggest RB deal has got to be looking better and better for CJ, but I don't think, as the days go by, the deal he wants is looking better and better for the Titans.

Last edited by OzTitan : 08-27-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson just bumped up the ugliness of the situation by stating this in a tweet.

"Can these fake Titans fans **** on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy"

Terrible grammar and punctuation aside, Chris Johnson is an idiot. It is never smart to tell your fans to shut up. It is never smart to bring up how you don't have a regular job because of how much harm you put your body through. Last time I checked, police officers, firemen, and soldiers put themselves in harms way a hell of a lot more than a running back and they get paid in one year what he gets paid per half (and that is on a rookie contract).

And Titan's fans have every right to call him greedy. The Titans will make him the highest paid running back in the league. He is going to get 10-11 million a year and he is holding out for more? I guess he doesn't realize that RBs are a dime a dozen. 31 different backs have rushed for 1000 yards in the last three seasons. Arian Foster was an UDFA. Jamaal Charles, who I think is just as good (and dare I say maybe even a bit better), was a third round pick. Any running back who holds out is an idiot because backs can be found easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna agree. Its nice if you have a CJ2k or an AD kinda 'back but really a solid Arian Foster, Michael Turner, or Matt Forte will more than get it done. The Pats won SBs without a featured start back, until they got Dillon. The Colts won one with Addai and Rhodes, who had a great game.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm gonna agree. Its nice if you have a CJ2k or an AD kinda 'back but really a solid Arian Foster, Michael Turner, or Matt Forte will more than get it done. The Pats won SBs without a featured start back, until they got Dillon. The Colts won one with Addai and Rhodes, who had a great game.
I don't think you can put those teams up as comparisons because they had feature players at the QB position. For the forseeable future Johnson is the Titans best and most exciting player. One season ago the man had 2500 yards from scrimmage so I don't see how he is just another guy. He is so much of that offense and without him there really isn't a whole lot else to get excited about.

You can't win without a QB, but that doesn't mean that having a great vs. a good RB means nothing. His ability to take it the distance because of his unreal speed is a huge part of taking the Titans to the next level in the future. The team has a good line, and the in the transition years before Locker is ready Johnson is the key to everything they do offensively. His value to the Titans is worth every bit as much as Nnamdi is to the Eagles or Charles Johnson is to the Panthers so why shouldn't he be paid accordingly to his value to his team?
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
"Can these fake Titans fans **** on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy"

Judging from this sentence all of those "regular jobs" are jobs that he couldn't do if his life depended on it.

And it's sounding like this is going well into the season if not the whole season. They're so far apart and there's no sign of anyone budging. Grab Javon Ringer in all your fantasy leagues.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-31-2011 at 02:50 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bet they're wishing they kept that 'Blount" fellow

mwuahahahaha (evil mad scientist laugh)

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote