Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What will happen to CJ2K?
Holdout out entire season 6 7.59%
Get traded 1 1.27%
He'll come back, and play out his contract 11 13.92%
He'll get his extension 61 77.22%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should just keep their eye on the waiver wire after final cuts, a couple pretty decent RBs will most likely be cut.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I don't think you can put those teams up as comparisons because they had feature players at the QB position. For the forseeable future Johnson is the Titans best and most exciting player. One season ago the man had 2500 yards from scrimmage so I don't see how he is just another guy. He is so much of that offense and without him there really isn't a whole lot else to get excited about.

You can't win without a QB, but that doesn't mean that having a great vs. a good RB means nothing. His ability to take it the distance because of his unreal speed is a huge part of taking the Titans to the next level in the future. The team has a good line, and the in the transition years before Locker is ready Johnson is the key to everything they do offensively. His value to the Titans is worth every bit as much as Nnamdi is to the Eagles or Charles Johnson is to the Panthers so why shouldn't he be paid accordingly to his value to his team?
I'll say having a good vs. a great running back means nothing. The top-five running backs going into last season were Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, and maybe Frank Gore. One of those guys made the playoffs. Meanwhile, Indianapolis, New England, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Seattle all made the playoffs with nothing too great at running back. I would never pay a running back more than $5 million a year. The $13 million that Johnson wants is outrageous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'll say having a good vs. a great running back means nothing. The top-five running backs going into last season were Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Steven Jackson, and maybe Frank Gore. One of those guys made the playoffs. Meanwhile, Indianapolis, New England, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Seattle all made the playoffs with nothing too great at running back. I would never pay a running back more than $5 million a year. The $13 million that Johnson wants is outrageous!

This can be taken too far. Just because they can't singlehandedly put a team on their back doesn't mean they don't deserve to be paid. Who are some of the top LT's in the league? Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Michael Roos....etc. How many of them made the playoffs? Do left tackles deserve over 5 million a year? Of course.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This can be taken too far. Just because they can't singlehandedly put a team on their back doesn't mean they don't deserve to be paid. Who are some of the top LT's in the league? Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Michael Roos....etc. How many of them made the playoffs? Do left tackles deserve over 5 million a year? Of course.
That's wrong for a few reasons:

1). Left tackles protect the QB, which is the most important (and most expensive) member of the team.
2). There are a lot fewer good tackles than there are good running backs. Like I said, 31 different running backs have run for 1000 yards the last three seasons.
3). Running backs have much shorter careers. Chris Johnson has maybe 5 good years left in him. Guys like Joe Thomas and Jake Long have twice that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's wrong for a few reasons:

1). Left tackles protect the QB, which is the most important (and most expensive) member of the team.
2). There are a lot fewer good tackles than there are good running backs. Like I said, 31 different running backs have run for 1000 yards the last three seasons.
3). Running backs have much shorter careers. Chris Johnson has maybe 5 good years left in him. Guys like Joe Thomas and Jake Long have twice that long.
But none of them protected their QB well enough to make the playoffs so what's the big deal right? That was your argument in the first place.

And I would argue that running for 1000 yards is really no big deal anymore. When guys like Derrick Ward get there it loses it's luster. Make that number something like 1300 and see how it changes, there's a difference from a Ryan Grant type who runs for 1000 yards without making a big impact on the game, and Chris Johnson.

And I'm aware that it was an extreme example, I'm just saying there are exceptions to your rule. I'm not saying CJ deserves what he wants, but saying guys like AD, CJ, Jamaal Charles, etc. don't deserve more than 5 mill a year is ridiculous.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-31-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he looking for elite RB money or Elite play maker money which means WR, QB, and so on? If he is looking for elite play maker money and doesn't budge then I can see him holding out all season. If he is just posturing for a huge contract specifically in the RB position, then I can see him accepting an extension.

The question is, what high level of money is he looking for? Elite play maker or RB?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Is he looking for elite RB money or Elite play maker money which means WR, QB, and so on? If he is looking for elite play maker money and doesn't budge then I can see him holding out all season. If he is just posturing for a huge contract specifically in the RB position, then I can see him accepting an extension.

The question is, what high level of money is he looking for? Elite play maker or RB?

Elite playmaker. Which is why I don't understand why people are so confident in something getting done anytime soon. The chances of him sitting out all year or most of it are a lot higher than most people think.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-31-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the positional value thing goes way to far sometimes. It doesn't make much sense to me not to pay a huge component of your team because they don't pay a supposed premium position. Does it make more sense to pay an average player like Stanford Routt $10million per vs. playing one of the single biggest mismatches in the NFL and someone who touches the ball 40% of the time on offense $13 million per just because they play a premium position like CB. Value is in the beholder and Chris Johnson is the most valuable player on the Titans. Without Johnson that team has no direction on offense, and it will be pretty hard to put fans in the stands with Matt Hasselbeck missing Kenny Britt all season. A guy like Mark Sanchez or Matt Cassel certainly aren't taking their teams any closer to a title, yet are being paid like Johnson wants.

If the Titans get a QB they'll be a playoff contender, but until then they Johnson is that offense. As I see it over the next 3 years they'll be better off overpaying Johnson than playing without him.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually have a lot of faith in these types of things getting done, but after Jackson and Mankins last year I'm not nearly as confident.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Think that's a little extreme but, imho the gap between an elite RB and good RB isn't very wide. Give me good/elite QB and a serviceable back maybe 2 over an average QB and elite RB.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Think that's a little extreme but, imho the gap between an elite RB and good RB isn't very wide. Give me good/elite QB and a serviceable back maybe 2 over an average QB and elite RB.
That implies that paying Johnson makes it harder for Tennessee to get a good/elite QB, which I find ridiculous since Johnson will make it easier for a young QB to develop into a good/elite QB.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That implies that paying Johnson makes it harder for Tennessee to get a good/elite QB, which I find ridiculous since Johnson will make it easier for a young QB to develop into a good/elite QB.
Never implied giving Johnson money means they can't get an elite QB. I'm just saying if I had my choice I would take a situation of a good QB and a serviceable RB over good RB and serviceable QB.

If you have an elite RB that's great. Doesn't mean you're so much better than a team with a good RB.

Bringing a rookie QB to a team with Chris Johnson is great, he'll definitely help the progress. But bringing in a young QB to a team with a good RB would be just as good imo, specially if the defence is good.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/T...3111?GT1=39002

Johnson lashes out at 'fake' NFL fans
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Judging from this sentence all of those "regular jobs" are jobs that he couldn't do if his life depended on it.

And it's sounding like this is going well into the season if not the whole season. They're so far apart and there's no sign of anyone budging. Grab Javon Ringer in all your fantasy leagues.
Where are you getting this? Recent reports indicate it should get done before week 1.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Where are you getting this? Recent reports indicate it should get done before week 1.

I've just heard that they're really far apart, I might be wrong though I might have missed something recently. Where did you see that?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rotoworld posted that Jason LaCanfora and a local beat writer both said a deal could be done this weekend.

He's on my fantasy team, so I'm putting positive vibes out there.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Never implied giving Johnson money means they can't get an elite QB. I'm just saying if I had my choice I would take a situation of a good QB and a serviceable RB over good RB and serviceable QB.

If you have an elite RB that's great. Doesn't mean you're so much better than a team with a good RB.

Bringing a rookie QB to a team with Chris Johnson is great, he'll definitely help the progress. But bringing in a young QB to a team with a good RB would be just as good imo, specially if the defence is good.
I disagree strongly with the bolded statement.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll never really understand the sentiment on this board that EVERY position besides qb isn't important. There are 22 players on the damn field. Players don't just put the team on their back out there. Not everyone can be Greg Jennings out there. The rivers example is a perfect example. Johnson is the best player in that division besides Manning and maybe Mario Williams. The man is turning 26 in 3 weeks. Give him a 4 year deal. Get him into camp.

And about the "regular job" thing, what he means is he knows he only has a few years left. He has to cash in when he can. It's called capitalism. Buy low sell high. And he's only human. If people are on your jock constantly you're gonna get frustrated eventually. He's just looking out for him and his. His comment isn't worse than Adams dissing him in public.

If I was the titans I'd offer 4 years 60 mil with like 25-30 guaranteed( or whatever they're willing to pay, we have no way of knowing their ceiling) and say take it or leave it. If he says no, just trade the guy and move on and try to win football games.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Elite playmaker. Which is why I don't understand why people are so confident in something getting done anytime soon. The chances of him sitting out all year or most of it are a lot higher than most people think.
I assumed play maker and voted for sitting out the whole year. I am not sure any team plays elite player maker money for someone who plays RB.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't really care if Johnson sits or plays. He's a greedy POS. Really, 13 Million a year for a running back?

I'd take Adrian Peterson any day over this fool.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Don't really care if Johnson sits or plays. He's a greedy POS. Really, 13 Million a year for a running back?

I'd take Adrian Peterson any day over this fool.
Peterson is going to want 13 million a year too. Why wouldn't he be greedy? If I could get more at my job, I'd ask for it too. That's capitalism.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peterson is going to want 13 million a year too. Why wouldn't he be greedy? If I could get more at my job, I'd ask for it too. That's capitalism.
How do you know he'll want that? He isn't doing what Johnson is doing at all.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

He's just waiting until his contract is up. If CJ gets what he wants Peterson will not accept less than what Johnson got, as he shouldn't.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Because he's not playing for charity. Peterson already makes about 7 mil a year, and he's going to want to be paid like the top back he is.

Did you honestly start watching sports like five minutes ago? It's all about money.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he's not playing for charity. Peterson already makes about 7 mil a year, and he's going to want to be paid like the top back he is.

Did you honestly start watching sports like five minutes ago? It's all about money.
Wait, WTF? Boycott.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote