Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What will happen to CJ2K?
Holdout out entire season 6 7.59%
Get traded 1 1.27%
He'll come back, and play out his contract 11 13.92%
He'll get his extension 61 77.22%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I find this positional value argument absurd.
It's all fun and games until one day he wakes up and he's Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, or any number of other running backs whose play dropped off the face of the earth with no warning.

Running backs are not safe to dedicate cap space to and it's extraordinarily easy to get one that is at least average.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

31 million guaranteed.
Why there is a rookie cap now.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess this makes Ray Rice the best RB out there now with a terrible contract. He's a FA after this year so he'll be getting paid soon as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So I guess this makes Ray Rice the best RB out there now with a terrible contract. He's a FA after this year so he'll be getting paid soon as well.
Also Arian Foster $525,000.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Also Arian Foster $525,000.
Rice has done it for more than 1 year so I gave him the edge.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best stat I saw was he led the league in carries resulting in zero or negative yards since '08 with 228. He also leads the league in rushing yards since then...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
You think Williams is better than Chris Johnson? Am I reading this right?
I don't think he's better. But, assuming Williams is going to be healthy (big assumption, but critical) I don't think CJ2K is an extra $9M guaranteed better.

Like I said I don't think either is worth the contract they got. Good for them for banking some serious cash. But I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The best stat I saw was he led the league in carries resulting in zero or negative yards since '08 with 228. He also leads the league in rushing yards since then...
And then there was this...

From the first game at oakland this year.

Quote:
Here’s the latest Chris Johnson stat of note: With his 76-yard touchdown run against Oakland, Johnson has now posted eight touchdown runs of 50 yards or more in 32 games played.

The next fastest to get to that total: Lenny Moore (71 games) and Jim Brown (77).
I don't care if CJ's ACL rips in 40 pieces, I would give hime 30 mil just because of what he has done as a Titan... 2000 yards, Season leader of all purpose yards on offense, and the only Titan RB to have back to back 10 TD seasons since Earl Campbel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Another great year, and I expect him to get a huge pay day. We need more guys to respect their contracts, even if they're out performing it.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Another great year, and I expect him to get a huge pay day. We need more guys to respect their contracts, even if they're out performing it.
Why? What do you care?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
You know who holds the NFL record for most carries for negative yardage?

336 negative yardage carries totaling -952 yards
Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? What do you care?
Because i am Bud Adams?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's silly. If guys underperform relative to their contracts, they get cut. Can't have it both ways.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-01-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because i am Bud Adams?
Well that makes sense, thanks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Told you that him missing the season and all that nonsense was way overdramatic.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

So how many weeks will he be out with a hamstring injury since he missed all of training camp and preseason?

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-01-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how much will AP get now?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
I don't know who this AP character is, but AD will probably get a pretty nice sized contract.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I don't know who this AP character is, but AD will probably get a pretty nice sized contract.
Thank you. You would be shocked how many actual Vikings fans don't even know his real nickname.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you are to the point of undervaluing running backs. If Johnson goes back to his 2009 form he's absolutely worth that. He's an offensive playmaker just like Fitzgerald and this contract is getting more backlash than Fitz's for some reason. Neither of them will still be in their primes at the end, and Fitz's is way more money.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I find this positional value argument absurd. People overlook certain positions way too much on this board sometimes. You can still win games in the NFL by running the football. Chris Johnson is one of the elite physical talents in the NFL whose skills have translated marvelously to the NFL. The last 3 years he has had touches on 33% of plays in 2010, 41% of plays in 2009, and 37% of plays in 2008. Despite having very little help from the passing game he's been sensational and consistently productive.

Not every team has a Tom Brady, Joe Thomas, or a Julius Peppers, yet they all have to spend close to the cap floor. Would it have made more sense for the Titans to shell out huge bucks to Cortland Finnegan, Jason Babin, Michael Roos, or Jake Locker because they play the big money positions? The Titans need to pay the players that will win them football games, and for the moment while everything else is settling into place that player is CJ.

Yes. The overall balance of the league is undoubtedly shifting towards the passing game, but you can still be successful with a running oriented offense. Have people completely missed the Jets making it to two consecutive AFC title games?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
It's all fun and games until one day he wakes up and he's Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, or any number of other running backs whose play dropped off the face of the earth with no warning.

Running backs are not safe to dedicate cap space to and it's extraordinarily easy to get one that is at least average.
You're greatly under-estimating the difference been a back at CJ's level and the average back. Sure you can get Javon Ringer to give you an adequate performance, but he isn't going to be able to carry your offense for periods of time the way CJ can. He's also not going to excite the fans or make up for old man Hasselback being the man under center. Plus Shaun Alexander didn't fall apart until his 30's, if CJ lasts that long at this level he'll be well worth what they're going to pay him over that time, n worst case scenario that he really falls off of a cliff one day this is still the NFL and you can cut him to escape his salary. Larry Johnson is a better point in favor, but Johnson ran unbelievably hard, taking insane abuse, and got rode into oblivion which is why he fizzled so quickly, CJ doesn't take near that abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I don't care if CJ's ACL rips in 40 pieces, I would give hime 30 mil just because of what he has done as a Titan... 2000 yards, Season leader of all purpose yards on offense, and the only Titan RB to have back to back 10 TD seasons since Earl Campbel.
And for a team needing to hit the cap floor this line of reasoning holds weight as well. He's been such a huge part of that franchise since he arrived that losing him because of a contract dispute might really piss of fans in a year where they're already going to have to deal with Matt Hasselback throwing the ball to guys not named Kenny Britt. Not exactly an extremely exciting prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
That's silly. If guys underperform relative to their contracts, they get cut. Can't have it both ways.
Ed Zachary.

Quote:
For those of you saying he's not worth the money (and I'm not saying you're wrong), which would you rather have:

Chris Johnson for 30 million

or

Deangelo Williams for 21 million

I don't think it's even close.
You've also gotta look at the first 3 seasons' worth of salary cause that'll be around the time that they'll start talking about re-structuring, either throwing in some more bonuses or structuring it down to lower his cap hit if his game does decline.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
A little bit more, that's usually how it works. An elite player signs a big contract, next elite guy at same position wants and gets a little more.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote