Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will have the better NFL career?
Cam Newton, Panthers 10 12.35%
Andy Dalton, Bengals 7 8.64%
Colt McCoy, Browns 22 27.16%
Christian Ponder, Vikings 10 12.35%
Jake Lockner, Titans 32 39.51%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i forgot people actually think that andy dalton is going to be good...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't get where people are coming from when they say Ponder has a limited ceiling. His arm strength and mobility are highly underrated. He's not Cam Newton but he's a better athlete than people give him credit for.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Unlike the other grouping, I find this one really weak. Any of them could be good (except Locker, he's going to bust super hard), but I'm not confident that any of them will.
Quote:
Locker wasn't even a good college quarterback. Stop looking at the measurables.
Why so harsh on Locker?

After his performance this preseason (Not saying he's been amazing, but I at least no longer view him as the 2-year project he was scouted as being), I'm actually kinda excited about his future. I mean, I understand if some are still hesitant, especially with it only being preseason and his disappointing senior year at Washington (Who'll probably go from winning a Bowl game to 1 or 2 wins without Locker at the helm), but to still be singling him out of a group that contains Newton, McCoy, Dalton, and Ponder? Cut him some slack, Jack.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is the sixth option??

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck > McCoy > Locker > Ponder > Gabbert > Newton > Greg McElroy > Dalton

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
DecisiveLeaf
Rookie

DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DecisiveLeaf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker, easy. Looking good after tonight's performance.
DecisiveLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Why so harsh on Locker?

After his performance this preseason (Not saying he's been amazing, but I at least no longer view him as the 2-year project he was scouted as being), I'm actually kinda excited about his future. I mean, I understand if some are still hesitant, especially with it only being preseason and his disappointing senior year at Washington (Who'll probably go from winning a Bowl game to 1 or 2 wins without Locker at the helm), but to still be singling him out of a group that contains Newton, McCoy, Dalton, and Ponder? Cut him some slack, Jack.
The Locker hype on this board is unreal (not in response to your post, just in general). But obviously I could be wrong, we'll see. I wouldn't have taken him until at least the 3rd round, and even then just on athletic ability.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecisiveLeaf View Post
Locker, easy. Looking good after tonight's performance.
hmm...played a bunch of 3rd/4th stringers trying to make the squad.

Good sign from him that he dominated, but let's hold off. His problems has been accuracy his whole career. That doesn't change that quickly. Still has a ton of work to do.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Good sign from him that he dominated, but let's hold off. His problems has been accuracy his whole career. That doesn't change that quickly. Still has a ton of work to do.
Well, Beck couldn't manage to dominate playing against the Bucs 2nd and 3rd teamers tonight.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Don't you know when there was virtually no offseason, preseason stats mean everything?!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Well, Beck couldn't manage to dominate playing against the Bucs 2nd and 3rd teamers tonight.
Because John Beck isn't good, never has been good, and never will be good. Where do people think that Washington is going to come away with more than 3 wins with him under center? They might get 4 with Grossman, but probably not.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Locker hype on this board is unreal (not in response to your post, just in general). But obviously I could be wrong, we'll see. I wouldn't have taken him until at least the 3rd round, and even then just on athletic ability.
Eh, I don't think it's that bad. It's been pretty sporadic though. He's gone from possibly 1st overall pick to a 2nd RD draft projection to 8 overall pick that was evaluated as a reach/likely bust to now a probable franchise QB and people climbing on the bandwagon once again.

He's like a draftnikian prodigal son. Former top prospect that everyone had a hard on for goes back for his senior year and it seems like it backfires. So they now have to move him down their boards and hop off his bandwagon. Then the draft comes and he's selected high anyway, and turns out is playing fairly well in the preseason, so now it seems like this has the chance to come full circle. And I think the fact that he's likable, and in a genuine, low key, good guy kind of way and not an always shoved in your face Tebow sort of way, only compounds his fan support. Just an attractive situation.

But yeah, I like what I've seen from him. I think Tennessee was a good spot for any of the QB's in this draft considering the talent on the OL, CJ in the backfield, and a safety net in Britt. He's had his ups and downs this preseason, and while he definitely has more refining to do, it looks like just that and not the possible project that sunk his value. His accuracy hasn't looked that bad, but to say it's been really tested would be a stretch. His footwork and resetting for throws has been the biggest issue I've seen from him, and that's waaaaaaay easier to fix than say a poor throwing motion.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newton, but then I don't like any QB on that list.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Define better career.
Numbers? Team success? Pro Bowls?
That's always open for debate.
Aikman and his rings?
Or Fouts... who was better?

Is Brees better than Rivers cuz Db has a ring?
That's a can-o-worms.

I doubt 2 of these guys have that kind of success. Maybe one?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote