Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,208
Reputation: 460581
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Mocks

Mocks thread. Put your draft/offseason mocks in here for discussion.

I'll have my first up later today.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,208
Reputation: 460581
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Resign
London Fletcher, ILB
Adam Carriker, DE
Fred Davis, TE
Kory Lichtensteiger, OG
Will Montgomery, OL

Let Go
Rocky McIntosh, LB
Rex Grossman, QB
John Beck, QB
Kedric Golston, DL
Byron Westbrook, CB
Tim Hightower, RB
Graham Gano, K
Donte Stallworth, WR
LaRon Landry, S

I think that covers all of our worthwhile free agents.Bringing back London is a no brainer. Supposedly Carriker says he would like to return and I think he quietly had a strong year. With Jarvis Jenkins healthy and Carriker resigned, we would have a nice rotation at DL. Even with the suspension, I believe you have to try to bring back Davis. He showed too much upside and I don't think theres a lot left in Cooleys tank as a full time receiver. We don't have a ton of playmakers and we need to keep the ones we have.

The hardest decision will be Landry. I'd like to keep him around, IF the money is right. If it isnt then I'm ok letting him walk. I think the rest of the "Let Go" list is pretty obvious. I would welcome Hightower back for the right price. It will be interesting to see how much he asks for considering he probably thinks he should be the starter.

Free Agency
Peyton Manning, QB
Chris Myers, C - One of the best ZBS centers in the game. Knows the system and can be a leader
Pierre Garcon, WR - Follows Peyton
Eddie Royal, WR - Will only be 26 years old and performed best under Shanahan's offense in Denver and should be cheap
Tyvon Branch, S - Underrated player still young with promising upside

Draft

RD 1 (Trade Down 10-15 add a mid 3rd) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB - Clearly has top 10 talent and I love his size considering the WRs we face in the NFC East
RD 2 - Kevin Zeitler, OG - Could be a stretch that he's there at the top of the 2nd but there is a lot of OL talent this year so you never know
RD 3 - Kirk Cousins, QB - Didn't work directly on Shanahans team at Senior Bowl but close enough for Shanahan to get a good look. Smart QB with good size and I think his style would benefit greatly from being behind Peyton
RD 3 - Audie Cole, ILB
RD 4 - Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT
RD 4 - Tony Bergstrom, OL, Utah
RD 5 - Brandon Lindsey, OLB

After the 5th I'd just be fine with BPA. Knowing Shanny probably a RB.

Depth Chart
QB - Peyton // Cousins
RB - Helu // Royster // Rookie?
FB - Young
WR - Moss // Royal // Hankerson
WR - Garcon // Gaffney // Paul
TE - Cooley // Davis // Paulson
LT - Williams // Locklear
LG - Steiger // Montgomery
C - Myers // Montgomery
RG - Chester // Zeitler
RT - Brown // Bergstrom

DE - Carriker // Jenkins
NT - Coefield // Nield // Jean-Baptiste
DE - Bowen // Balmer
OLB - Orakpo // Alexander
IlB - Fletcher // Cole
ILB - Riley // Fox
OLB - Kerrigan // Lindsey
CB - Dhall // Wilson // Thompson
CB - Kirkpatrick // Barnes
FS - Atogwe // Gomes
SS - Branch // Possible FA/Draft
__________________

Last edited by DiG : 02-06-2012 at 12:50 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,130
Reputation: 597016
SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Nice job with the draft. If the Skins do get Manning getting a guy like Osweiler, Cousins or Foles later in the draft would be great. I think the Skins need to get to the playoffs next year to save Mike Shanahan's job. If Manning is back to 100% I could see him along with the running game helping the Skins get to the playoffs. They cannot really afford to groom a rookie QB IMO. If they stay at 6 I would have them draft Reiff or they could trade down.

I still think Tannehill has a good chance to end up a Redskin, don't think spending #6 would be the best way to get him especially if they get Manning. If they are able to trade down some and pick him up in the lower 1st round that would work well. Their are tons of second tier quality linemen that can be picked up in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds - Datko, Adcock, Potter all come to mind. This draft also has decent OG and OC depth.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 177
Reputation: 2801
Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Guys don't be surprised if Santana isn't back next year.
__________________
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,208
Reputation: 460581
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakpowned View Post
Guys don't be surprised if Santana isn't back next year.
wouldn't be upset either. i considered adding a cut list to my mock that included him and potentially atogwe.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,830
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Resign
London Fletcher, ILB
Adam Carriker, DE
Fred Davis, TE
Kory Lichtensteiger, OG
Will Montgomery, OL

Let Go
Rocky McIntosh, LB
Rex Grossman, QB
John Beck, QB
Kedric Golston, DL
Byron Westbrook, CB
Tim Hightower, RB
Graham Gano, K
Donte Stallworth, WR
LaRon Landry, S

I think that covers all of our worthwhile free agents.Bringing back London is a no brainer. Supposedly Carriker says he would like to return and I think he quietly had a strong year. With Jarvis Jenkins healthy and Carriker resigned, we would have a nice rotation at DL. Even with the suspension, I believe you have to try to bring back Davis. He showed too much upside and I don't think theres a lot left in Cooleys tank as a full time receiver. We don't have a ton of playmakers and we need to keep the ones we have.

The hardest decision will be Landry. I'd like to keep him around, IF the money is right. If it isnt then I'm ok letting him walk. I think the rest of the "Let Go" list is pretty obvious. I would welcome Hightower back for the right price. It will be interesting to see how much he asks for considering he probably thinks he should be the starter.

Free Agency
Peyton Manning, QB
Chris Myers, C - One of the best ZBS centers in the game. Knows the system and can be a leader
Pierre Garcon, WR - Follows Peyton
Eddie Royal, WR - Will only be 26 years old and performed best under Shanahan's offense in Denver and should be cheap
Tyvon Branch, S - Underrated player still young with promising upside

Draft

RD 1 (Trade Down 10-15 add a mid 3rd) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB - Clearly has top 10 talent and I love his size considering the WRs we face in the NFC East
RD 2 - Kevin Zeitler, OG - Could be a stretch that he's there at the top of the 2nd but there is a lot of OL talent this year so you never know
RD 3 - Kirk Cousins, QB - Didn't work directly on Shanahans team at Senior Bowl but close enough for Shanahan to get a good look. Smart QB with good size and I think his style would benefit greatly from being behind Peyton
RD 3 - Audie Cole, ILB
RD 4 - Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT
RD 4 - Tony Bergstrom, OL, Utah
RD 5 - Brandon Lindsey, OLB

After the 5th I'd just be fine with BPA. Knowing Shanny probably a RB.

Depth Chart
QB - Peyton // Cousins
RB - Helu // Royster // Rookie?
FB - Young
WR - Moss // Royal // Hankerson
WR - Garcon // Gaffney // Paul
TE - Cooley // Davis // Paulson
LT - Williams // Locklear
LG - Steiger // Montgomery
C - Myers // Montgomery
RG - Chester // Zeitler
RT - Brown // Bergstrom

DE - Carriker // Jenkins
NT - Coefield // Nield // Jean-Baptiste
DE - Bowen // Balmer
OLB - Orakpo // Alexander
IlB - Fletcher // Cole
ILB - Riley // Fox
OLB - Kerrigan // Lindsey
CB - Dhall // Wilson // Thompson
CB - Kirkpatrick // Barnes
FS - Atogwe // Gomes
SS - Branch // Possible FA/Draft
I don't see Peyton coming to the same division as Eli.

Interesting that you have Laron Landry on the outs. He's on the top of my wish list. You know how NFC East players love to go to rival teams when their teams don't show them the love. Come to Dallas big boy.

Nice draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 177
Reputation: 2801
Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
wouldn't be upset either. i considered adding a cut list to my mock that included him and potentially atogwe.
O.J. will be back.

Have to remember, he was injured last year and didn't get fully healthy at any point due to the lockout.

He will this season, and he should be much better.
__________________
Orakpowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.