Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-02-2011, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 1 - Lions (+1.5) at Buccaneers

Lets get some discussion going in this forum! This game is a great match up of two up and coming teams in the NFC. Win it for Tom Kowalski.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Fairley ready to go?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Nick Fairley ready to go?
Doubtful, even if he suits up I doubt he'll play much or make a big impact. What about Talib?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Morris stated in a PC that Talib's hammy is a 100%, and he'd play in a real game, but just didn't want to risk it in preseason.

I have a bad gut feeling we lose in a similar fashion to last season.

But, it should be a pretty good game. Stafford vs Freeman finally!!

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for this game!!! Lions have three 50/50 games to start the season. All three will be battles but it would be great to set the tone here with a W and head home against KC. Lions need a 2-2 start at least and it won't be easy.

Bowers looks impressive in preseason. Backus/Gosder will have their hands full with Bowers/Clayborn but can win that battle especially with experience. I'm most worried about Gerald McCoy who didn't play in the game last year. I like them having a rookie at MLB though. Foster is good but mistakes will be made. Calvin vs Talib and Bulrleson vs Rhonde is going to be fun to watch too.

Lions will put up points but they need 1-2 big stops like last year to win this game as Freeman should do well and Blount is a horse. 28-24 Lions
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be a good test for both teams.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be Lions -1 by kickoff.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's week one, but it feels like the Lions have a tremendous momentum behind them.

I definitely think the Lions win.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

They do, they just went 4-0 in preseason for gods sake!

No but seriously i like Detoit, they're my surprise team this season.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-03-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
They do, they just went 4-0 in preseason for gods sake!

No but seriously i like Detoit, they're my surprise team this season.
Well, 4-0 preseason and a 4-0 end to last season, plus noticeable improvements on the roster.

I'm hopeful.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

-Tampa has a ton of talent on their defense line that worries me but they are young and hopefully inconsistent. I expect their young guys to breakthrough for a couple plays but hopefully they are contained overall.

-Blount is a good test for our new LBs. He is a RB that would give us problems in the past but I think Tulloch and Durant are going to show their worth and slow him down.

-Shut Mike Williams down and make their other WRs beat us. They may have some sleeper WRs behind Williams but I'd rather make them beat us.

-I think we can put points on the board against their D. Spread the ball around on offense and get it Calvin. Keep Stafford upright and we should get out of there with a win.

I don't know if I'm too overconfident but I think the Lions win by a touchdown.

Edit - Keiland Williams, RB could be Mayhew's underrated move of the off-season this year. Really like that pick up.

Last edited by Scotty D : 09-06-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Talib is out, so ESPN is projecting an enormous game for Calvin.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Talib is out, so ESPN is projecting an enormous game for Calvin.
Aqib Talib WILL Play vs Lions !!!!!

Also from another beat writer on Twitter...
Quote:
#Bucs CB Aqib Talib (hamstring) said he's 103.5% healthy for Sunday vs Calvin Johnson.
Shame on ESPN for that false report.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-11-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Prediction:

Lions 31, Bucs 20

275 yards and 3 TDs for Stafford. No picks.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been impressed. Lions still have a lot to improve, but played well against a talented team that knows how to win.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Prediction:

Lions 31, Bucs 20

275 yards and 3 TDs for Stafford. No picks.
I was pretty close.

Final score 27-20. Stafford had 305, 3 TD and 1 pick.

I'll take it.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Good game guys, we were out schemed. You guys have a young talented team, protect Stafford, and i see alotta success in the future.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

- Fairly would have been helpful in the rotation beating the heat today.

- Stafford looked scared to death of getting hit, but hey, it worked. Everything was out of shotgun.

- New LBs looked good
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

What was he doing that made you think he's "scared to death" of being hit?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

missed the game, anyone know were i can catch a full replay?

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 10-6 isn't out of the equation for this year although I originally thought 9-7 was the top end. Like Rodgers, Stafford wasn't rushed because of injuries and had time to study from the sidelines. Add Fairley in the rotation especially on passing downs and our defense could be really scary.
Nobody on NFL Network wants to put Stafford in the top end of potential but I believe he will reach that level by next year if he stays healthy.