Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eight teams that have no shot at the Superbowl, according to Grantland

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6918507/part-i

I include this mostly because of the inclusion of the Bears. The other seven are less surprising, as only one other team made the playoffs, and that's only because somebody had to win the NFC West.

I can't argue with most of his logic, so if the Bears are going to miss the playoffs this year, I'd rather have a top 10 pick than finish 8-8 again and pick in the 15-20 range.

It would also mean no more Lovie and Jerry, and this team probably needs a fresh start.

I think the Titans could be competitive, actually.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears defense gets no credit.
They contained the Packers offense not once, but twice last year.
Kind of a third time too (week 3 in Chicago... had a lot of help from the zebras).

The Bears have a chance. I don't agree with them being included on this list.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears have a short window. It could be as much as three more years or it could already be over.

The offense is young, but it's not good yet, so I'm not sure how much that matters. On defense, we're relying on Urlacher (33), Peppers (31), and Briggs (30). That doesn't mean those guys are going to shrivel up and die, but none of them are going to get better as they age, so if we're going to win a Superbowl, I think it's this year or bust. And it might be bust.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That guy is totally wrong about Locker so far. Locker has impressed me more than anyone this preseason. Definitely did not expect that type of explosiveness in the NFL from him.

I'm shocked that the Panthers aren't on the list. Our weak points are the worst ones to have...

- Can't stop the run. We are starting two rookies, although they are promising, they are rookies.

- You know your pass defense blows when Captain Munnerlyn is the 2nd corner and you consider Joselio Hanson to be a possible candidate to give you better CB play.

- Our QBs. Newton is a rookie, Clausen can only dumpoff and Anderson is balls.

- New coaching staff, playbooks etc combined with less practice before the season.

- The NFC south is one of the strongest divisions, I doubt we win one division game.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's on Grantland then they must obscurely reference some championship Boston had in another sport and relate it to the article somehow
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Worst-case scenario: The NFL actually tries to shift the Bengals-Cardinals game on Christmas Eve to a day of the week that doesn't actually exist in the hopes that the two confused 3-11 teams just stop showing up.
lolololol sooooo funny!!!!

but seriously .. why did they feel the need to make an entire website of Bill Simmons clones? one is enough ..
papa burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They only thought of 8 teams, and included a team that was in the NFC Championship last year? They suck. Jokes are funny when the content is pretty good too, but not when you sacrifice your content for a one liner.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im actually a little surprised Oakland ain't on there

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns aren't on this list.

What.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so the bears - who won the division that the packers were in last year - with their great defense (what wins championships again?) have no shot - but the Browns and Raiders do?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Worst-case scenario: Los Angeles OK's a stadium plan as the Bills win a meaningless Week 17 game against the Patriots to go 4-12, pushing them out of the first overall slot and giving Andrew Luck to somebody else.
No worst-case scenario could involve beating the Patriots for the first time in 16 tries.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
No worst-case scenario could involve beating the Patriots for the first time in 16 tries.
The Bills always manage to win enough games not to be top 5 and get an elite QB.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the authors are unfair in their critique of the Bills. JP Losman and Trent Edwards weren't low-end draft busts, Losman was a first round pick who just never learned how to use his gifted arm. And Edwards was a steal until he got the balls knocked out of him and turned him into a shell of himself. In recent years they've passed on Josh Freeman, but that was before they learned that Trent Edwards had been castrated during his concussion rehab. Other than that they've not used top 10 picks on Tebow, Clausen before this season and this draft they were again in a ****** situation where they would've had to pass on a future All-Pro dlineman to pair with Kyle Williams, to get to take the chance that Locker can play well with real NFL talent or that Gabbert continues to develop and doesn't fizzle in his development. Both have the potential to be quality NFL starters, but both are still really risky for a team that isn't exactly stacked at every position other than QB.

Last year Ryan Fitzpatrick gave them an adequate starting QB performance behind a bad OL, with unspectacular weapons but it was a defense that couldn't stop a peewee squad from running on them lead them to a top 3 pick. None of the guys they've passed on could turn this team around quickly so criticizing them for not going for the "get-rich-quick way to rebuild" is idiotic. Fitzpatrick can let the team build up talent so that when they do find a franchise guy or a risky project that could be a franchise guy they've got a good environment for them to develop in. That said I do think that had they gotten the first pick or the 7th pick we'd be seeing Newton or Locker running Buffalo's second string offense onto the field.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the Bears they were really healthy on D, which as a giants fan I'm really jealous of. If that D is healthy again they can still do great things as Peppers, Briggs and Urlacher are as talented as the top 3 players on any other defense in the league. But I've lived in Chicago a long time and I just know that there's clouds on the horizon. I think Urlacher misses some time this year, Peppers has a down year now that there's not that "overpaid" talk hanging around the media to keep him fired up, and the offense doesn't improve as much as one would hope with a semi-competent running game. I do still think they can nab a WC spot, but I just think the Giants and Falcons or Bucs will beat them out.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bears are going to be one of the "surprise" teams to drop off.

The Lions are coming on strong and the Packers are going to be favorites for the Super Bowl. The Bears will get a tough schedule as a division winner. I don't really know much about their team, but I view it as an old defense with no offensive line. Cutler (like most QBs) struggles when he gets pressured. An injury or two, and I think they don't make the playoffs.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think the Bears are going to be one of the "surprise" teams to drop off.

The Lions are coming on strong and the Packers are going to be favorites for the Super Bowl. The Bears will get a tough schedule as a division winner. I don't really know much about their team, but I view it as an old defense with no offensive line. Cutler (like most QBs) struggles when he gets pressured. An injury or two, and I think they don't make the playoffs.
This is such a surprise that 99% of everyone is predicting it to happen, including the link that I just posted.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My surprise team is the Colts. It's over guys. Nice run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets and the Steelers miss the playoffs either.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the day the Colts no longer make the playoffs lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This is such a surprise that 99% of everyone is predicting it to happen, including the link that I just posted.
I think the average fan doesn't believe the Bears will regress.

The Colts missing the playoffs would be pretty interesting. Ultimately, I refuse to believe in the Texans... who have been the "next big thing" for like 5 consecutive seasons.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Perhaps this is blasphemy, but if I am voting for a win over the Pats or Andrew Luck, I'm taking Luck every time.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My surprise team is the Colts. It's over guys. Nice run.
The Colts are just as obvious of a pick as the Bears at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Perhaps this is blasphemy, but if I am voting for a win over the Pats or Andrew Luck, I'm taking Luck every time.
Oh I absolutely agree. But the Pats are obviously the team I would most want to beat.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Titans will absolutely compete next year. They may not end up with a great record, but I don't think they'll be an easy win. In WK 8 last year, they were 5-3 and leading the AFC South. Then VY and Britt got hurt, and it was all downhill. I think Hass can at least match what VY produced, and considering Britt won't be suspended and CJ has signed, he'll have a better surrounding cast than he had in Seattle. Especially when you factor in the OL keeping him clean. Secondary is the same, but McCourty and Verner have experience now under their belt and Finnegan is now being used to his potential and being put in the best position to make plays. Ruud is a downgrade from Tulloch, but Ayers upgrades SLB. The DL is very inexperienced, and that's my biggest worry at the moment, but I love the young core in Jason Jones, Derrick Morgan, Jurrell Casey, and Karl Klug.

Oh, and Jerry Gray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chuck Cecil. Munch is unproven, but he's constantly impressing me whether it's in preseason or fluff interviews. Palmer could disappoint (although him coaching Jake Locker could prove to be impactful) and it hurts to lose Washburn, but I rather like the new coaching staff. Munch is surrounded by a good bit of experience, which should help alleviate problems that his inexperience causes. Jerry Bush is a huge upgrade over Cecil (Oh, and this isn't me pumping up Gray. It's me saying how much Cecil sucked), and has experience with the Titans as a DB Coach under Gregg Williams and a DC under Williams when he went to Buffalo. Dave McGinnis, a former HC, stayed on as a Senior Assistant. Frank Bush, a former DC, is coaching LB's. Bruce Matthews is coaching OL, which is his first stint as OL Coach, so we'll see how he does, but Munch is still there to help. I loved the Tracy Rocker signing for DL Coach. I still think Dave Ragone, a former QB, as WR Coach is incredibly strange, but I like QB Coach Dowell Loggains, and would prefer him to coach QB's over Ragone. Would like to see improvement from DB Coach Marcus Robertson and ST Coach Alan Lowry.

When the time came for Fisher to be let go, I wanted the team to make it worth it with the next hire. Don't fire Fisher and replace him with just whoever was the best available at the time. I wanted an upgrade, and I didn't think an upgrade over Fisher would be easy to find. Even if they had to keep Fisher for a year longer than they'd prefer, that would be fine with me since I think a great HC candidate is worth being patient for. So when they fired him so late, I thought the worst. No great candidates left, it was so late in the process that that itself could deter candidates, and the team didn't have a franchise QB. But I think they nailed it with Munchak, and I think he's put together a good staff. I'm expecting a .500 team this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The Colts missing the playoffs would be pretty interesting. Ultimately, I refuse to believe in the Texans... who have been the "next big thing" for like 5 consecutive seasons.
The thing that's different now is it's not just that the Texans have improved. The Colts will most likely regress, due to Peyton's injury, an already suspect defense that wasn't upgraded, and a few seasons of poor drafting. In years past, the Colts didn't look this mortal, and as long as Peyton was balling, the offense produced and got by with the defense because the offense could score and the defense was built to play with a lead. People hopped on Houston's bandwagon when the Texans's progression arrow was pointing forward and the Colts's arrow staying neutral. Even with the yearly turnover, it's difficult for an 8-8 team to overtake a 12-4 team in a year's time, no matter if the 12-4 stayed put. But now since the Texans are still pointing in the positive direction, and the Colts's arrow is pointing negative, there's a legitimate chance the Texans could overtake them.

There's a chance Peyton could actually miss time, and the team as a whole has no way to cope due to their dependence on him. With Manning there, the OL was bad (although promising after adding Castonzo and Ilijana), the run game was nonexistant, and the defense was soft, yet they still won 10 games because Manning provided a handicap. Without a 100% Manning, that handicap is gone and their weaknesses could be easily exploited. If Collins starts, they'll lose. I can tell you that right now. He was good as a game manager on an amazing team in 2008, but when the team got bad enough that it forced him to have a more important role, the W/L record was abysmal. So they'll be behind there if Peyton isn't ready, and when the time comes that Manning returns, they'll have to start off hot - and they've had slow starts in years prior.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Colts are just as obvious of a pick as the Bears at this point.
Obvious, maybe, but certainly not as popular. Everyone thinks the Bears will miss the playoffs this year.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obvious, maybe, but certainly not as popular. Everyone thinks the Bears will miss the playoffs this year.
yeah, but we'll all enjoy the Colts falling apart as their golden era comes to an end. whereas, if the bears return to their early 2000s form, no one outside of Chicago will care.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote