Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Undrafted FA to make your roster

Just curious how many non-draftees were able to make a squad this year. The Bears are currently sitting with a whopping 5, largely because they were able to convince a lot of guys they would have a shot at making the team.

They are:

Dane Sanzenbacher, WR (Ohio State)
Kyle Adams, TE/FB (Purdue)
Mario Addison, DE (Troy)
Dom DeCicco, LB (Pittsburgh)
Winston Venable, S (Boise State)

Conversely, what rookie draft picks were cut this year?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants had 3 UDFA's to make the team. Hynoski on offense and Herzlich and Paysinger for the defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Just curious how many non-draftees were able to make a squad this year. The Bears are currently sitting with a whopping 5, largely because they were able to convince a lot of guys they would have a shot at making the team.

They are:

Dane Sanzenbacher, WR (Ohio State)
Kyle Adams, TE/FB (Purdue)
Mario Addison, DE (Troy)
Dom DeCicco, LB (Pittsburgh)
Winston Venable, S (Boise State)

Conversely, what rookie draft picks were cut this year?
There's Kyle Adams!!!

I was wondering where he ended up. You're my boy, Kyle!

As for Pittsburgh:

Made it:
TE Weslye Saunders

Cut:
OG Keith Williams (6th rounder) - will probably be signed onto the PS

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 09-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers had 3 UDFA make it

LB Vic So'oto
LB Jamari Lattimore
S M.D. Jennings

Draft picks from this year who got cut were

OL Caleb Schlauderaff(Traded) - drafted in 6th round. Showed little to nothing all camp
LB Ricky Elmore - drafted in 6th round, just wasn't made to play in the 3-4. Looked horrible out there in all phases, got outplayed by the 2 UDFA who ended up making the team. Again though, he just wasn't a good fit for the 3-4. Maybe he can stick on a 4-3 team at DE.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 09-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLB Robert Eddins (Ball State) and TE Zach Pianalto (North Carolina) were the only UDFA to crack our squad this year.

7th-round elephant Michael Jasper did not make the team after an attempted conversion to NT.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of our rookies were cut this year, UDFA's to make it were:

Caldwell, David DB
Evans, Darren RB
Lefeged, Joe DB
McNeill, Mike TE
Moten, Adrian LB
Spann, Chad RB

I think that's all of them

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punter Chas Henry and DT Cedric Thornton made it for the eagles. Henry was a no-brainer considering he was the only punter on the team since the lockout ended, but Thornton was a surprise considering they let go of guys like Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri who outplayed him throughout TC/Preseason. I'll be very surprised if he's still around once Brandon Graham gets off PUP.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Packers had 3 UDFA make it

LB Vic So'oto
LB Jamari Lattimore
S M.D. Jennings

Draft picks from this year who got cut were

OL Caleb Schlauderaff(Traded) - drafted in 6th round. Showed little to nothing all camp
LB Ricky Elmore - drafted in 6th round, just wasn't made to play in the 3-4. Looked horrible out there in all phases, got outplayed by the 2 UDFA who ended up making the team
I knew Jamari was going to make a team. He is alot like Eric Walden, just needs a couple of years to put on some weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Giants had 3 UDFA's to make the team. Hynoski on offense and Herzlich and Paysinger for the defense.
First names, these are undrafted FAs.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I knew Jamari was going to make a team. He is alot like Eric Walden, just needs a couple of years to put on some weight.
Speaking of Walden, dude looks insanely jacked this year. Definitely added a good 10-15 lbs

as far as Lattimore goes, I liked what I saw, but I'm a little surprised he made it immediately. Figured they would have stashed him on the PS and had him use the year to bulk up, but I guess they didn't want to risk the chance at losing him.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
First names, these are undrafted FAs.
Well I figured Hynoski and Herzlich were two of the bigger name UDFA's so everyone would have recognized them. Anyway it's FB Henry Hynoski(Pittsburgh), LB Mark Herzlich(Boston College), and LB Spencer Paysinger(Oregon).

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think a single UDFA is gonna make the Lions' roster.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I could be mistaken, but I don't think a single UDFA is gonna make the Lions' roster.
The Lions are loaded. Superbowl.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure there was only two for the Vikes

Allen Reisner- TE from Iowa
Larry Dean- LB from Valdosta State

We cut 6th round LB Ross Homan and 7th round WR Stephen Burton.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-03-2011 at 06:37 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Donahue beat out Nic Harris. Lions cut safety Ricardo Silva but should have found a way to keep him. I wouldn't be surprised it he latches on somewhere else. Hopefully he makes it to the practice squad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Holland, S from McNeese St was the only UDFA to make the Bucs this year.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Tarpinian made the roster, which is a surprise. Should be a special teamer.

Will Yeatman looked like he was a lock after Lee Smith was waived(and in general, word is the team was really high on him), but he was cut today. Curious considering that leaves us without a true blocking tight end and with just two on the roster.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Bair was the only UDFA rookie to make our 53 today.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Brandon Bair was the only UDFA rookie to make our 53 today.
That's nice to hear. Really liked him coming out. He was unblockable in the Shrine game. Really underrated.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Lineman Ian Williams and Demarcus Dobbs both made the 49ers.
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Only LB Nick Bellore made the Jets
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaguars kept Kevin Rutland, CB from Missouri, Jamar Newsome, WR from Central Florida, and Cameron Bradfield, OT from Grand Valley State.

Rutland was a very draftable prospect. Newsome was too impressive in the preseason at a position of need. Bradfield was a surprise to me.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns kept:

DB James Dockery (Oregon State)
RB Armond Smith (Union College)
LB Benjamin Jacobs (Fresno State)

and though he's not a rookie, he was an UDFA in 2010, we kept Auston English.

Dockery looks like he's gonna stick around in a league for a while at DB. Potential gem.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only UDFA to make it on the Bengals was TE Colin Cochart because Bo Scaife ended up on IR. Cochart will be used as a blocking TE.

7th RD RB Jay Finley and 7th RD CB Korey Lindsey both got cut. Both will prolly make it on PS.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
D-Lineman Ian Williams and Demarcus Dobbs both made the 49ers.
Yep, and the only rookie to not make the squad was 6th rounder Ronald Johnson, WR, USC.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote