Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Draft Discussion

I just noticed Scott has us taking Cordy Glenn in the first round.

Glenn is a huge OG(6'5" 350lbs) from Georgia. Who I know nothing about.

I am watching Boise State vs Georgia right now and Glenn is playing LT.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like him. He's an NFL guard, but I don't think he's aggressive enough. I think he's more "fat" than big. If we're going really large OG, I'd hope we go Kelechi Osemele or Brandon Washington out of Miami. Hopefully, Williams and Louis work out at guard so Bears can go CB or WR early.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
sorcerer
Rookie

sorcerer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default #1 Cb, #2 Olb

A shut down corner is clearly #1. Tillman is 31 and the others are nothing special. If the Bears are to compete with Detroit (megatron) and Green Bay receivers for the next 3-4 years they need to invest a high pick on a big corner. They might have to package their #1 and one of their #3s to get in the top 15 to get someone however. #2 should go to a OLB who can blitz the QB for the same reason above. You can not count on a front 4 to get sufficient pressure on a good QB today. After that you can go offensive line and receiver with picks 3 thru 5.
sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE is our biggest need imo even ahead of WR. Idonije and Wootton are garbage. Wootton may improve but is a backup now at best. Im starting the trade up for Quinton Coples bandwagon.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apple of my eye, Tommy Streeter, just declared. Where he's not the best receiver in this class, he might be the most gifted, which gives him a shot to end up the best. Especially with Jays confidence to throw it up to his guys.

He's also a pretty sudden athlete which is much more important than size or speed at WR. But hes got that too.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
demimo
Rookie

demimo demimo demimo demimo demimo
Default Dashon Goldson and Doucet fined for punching

Dashon Goldson and Doucet fined for punching
?Dashon Goldson was fined by the league $25K for throwing punches at Cardinals WR Early Doucet.

According to the reports on Tuesday, Goldson avoided suspension, and he is active for the San Francisco 49ers' Thanksgiving contest in Baltimore. Goldson was penalized 15 yards and ejected for throwing punches at Doucet, who appeared to instigate the incident when he took a swipe at Goldson while he was on the ground.

The players got tangled early in the fourth quarter on a play on which Aldon Smith sacked Arizona Cardinals quarterback Richard Bartel.

While Doucet was also fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness when he struck Goldson in the helmet area . Goldson then threw his punches.

Goldson was down away from the ball when he got blindsided and slapped on the back of the helmet by Doucet, at the end of a play early in the fourth quarter.

Goldson jumped up, confronted him and both began swinging wildly. Goldson then threw a series of punches to Doucet's facemask and received a 15-yard personal foul penalty before being ejected.
demimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my predicted Bears draft:

1st rd: Andre Branch DE
2nd rd: Trumaine Johnson CB
3rd rd carolina: Tommy Streeter WR
3rd rd: Lucas Nix OG

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Here's my predicted Bears draft:

1st rd: Andre Branch DE
2nd rd: Trumaine Johnson CB
3rd rd carolina: Tommy Streeter WR
3rd rd: Lucas Nix OG
That would be terrible. Branch isnt a 1st round pick and Johnson isnt a 2nd. Streeter is also horribly overrated. He's a late rounder imo.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
IBleedNavyandOrange
Rookie

IBleedNavyandOrange hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Been away for a while, but now that the season's over, I'm hungry for the future, and seeing what guys like Megatron and Green can do for QBs like Stafford and Dalton, I thought this would be the place to find out what WR the Bears would be taking in April.

First, my analysis of needs:
1) WR. Without a doubt, this is what will help Cutler the most (see Green Bay, Detroit, Cincinnati, and SF for what a good WR can do for a QB). And Cutler--more than Forte--is the key to the offense. Is there a true #1 WR prospect in the mid-1st round? 1st-round WRs tend to flop more often than they excel (see DT for a prime example on the Bears, or anyone with the last name of Williams on other teams), but I think it's high time the Bears drafted a WR in the 1st round again. And maybe with someone other than JA doing the evaluating, the right guy will get picked.

2) DE. Plain and simple, it all starts with the pass rush. Look at the games the Bears won this year, versus the ones they lost. The ones they won--with the exception of SD--the pass rush was present. The ones they lost, the pass rush was anemic. Izzy didn't have the mojo this year, and Wooton's injury/ineffectiveness hurt, too. If there's a better mid-1st round DE prospect than WR prospect, I'd be happy to see the guy drafted. But there needs to be a good DE opposite Pep. And, for those who think that DE is a lower priority than 1a/2, just remember that Pep is nearing the end of his career, and a young DE isn't just for "today" playing opposite Pep, but a good young DE is "tomorrow's" replacement for Pep.

3) LT. The reasons why I don't rank this higher are: Webb isn't total garbage; I hold out hope that Williams might someday move back to LT; there could be FAs available and the Bears look good on cap space; Cutler was playing the best football of his career mid-season with Webb protecting him (that's not to say that Cutler would've done even better with a better LT, but in the end, I think a 1st-round WR will improve the offense more than a 1st-round LT).

4) CB. This is a need, but people get too obsessed with the notion of a "shut-down" corner. I've noted this elsewhere, but will repeat it in a more concise manner here: the Bears' defensive scheme neither requires nor utilizes a "shut-down" CB. Tillman is a prototype Cover-2 CB. Get a Tillman-like guy who's a bit smaller & quicker, and the defense is good to go. Basically, get another Vasher--minus the injuries and the stunning collapse.

5a) LB. Either a long-term project to step in for #54 or a guy who might compete with Roach for the Mike position (or a guy who can do both).

5b) Safety. Conte--as long as he gets and stays healthy--might be the answer at FS. But despite every other Safety on the team being better suited to SS, I still don't like the personnel. Wright, in addition to being fragile, takes lousy angles, ducks his head, and misses too many tackles. Steltz looked decent when he was put on the spot in 2011, but I don't think he's the guy you want starting at SS. Meriweather needs to go. I'd rank this a bigger need than LB, but my understanding is that this is going to be a weak draft for Safeties), and the Bears need more LBs on the roster, period. If the CB situation were more settled, I'd be up for converting Peanut to Safety--but Peanut would be best used at FS, and there's no point in taking time/reps away from Conte.

7) QB. With someone other than JA evaluating talent, and someone other than what the Bears have had coaching/developing talent, invest a mid-to-late round pick in a sleeper/small-school guy as a potential backup/replacement for Cutler.

8) TE. I like the TEs the Bears have now, but Kellen Davis needs to live up to his hype (i.e., he needs to run better routes and soften up his hands). Also, the way the Patriots and the Saints use their TEs, I think it would be a good idea if the Bears had a guy like that. However, I make this a low-priority because it's very possible (and maybe this is just wishful thinking) that the Bears can eventually get Olsen back when he's a FA, and with a different set of coaches, they can utilize him.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My number one priority is the secondary.

I would like to see us sign a good Corner in FA and then draft one with our 1/2nd rounder. We still need another solid Safety or two as well depending if Major Wright can step up.

Obviously, like others have said, WR should be a priority. I would love for the Bears to take Michael Floyd, or Blackmon, but I think he'll be gone by our pick.

3rd priority imo, is the O-line. We're making strides, but we still need to boster depth and quality of our starting line.

I also agree our pash rush needs work whether that be via OLB or a DE.

Finally Angelo is gone so we don't have to watch crappy safeties being drafted every year in the 2/3rd rounds while our O-line continues to get ignored... so i hope!
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quick question Bears fan, likely hood of the Bears tyring to do what Atlanta did last year in trading up for Julio Jones with the Buc's this year at number 5 if Justin Blackmon is there? Or do you just have to many holes to fill to give up a 1st 2nd and 4th this year and next years first.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Quick question Bears fan, likely hood of the Bears tyring to do what Atlanta did last year in trading up for Julio Jones with the Buc's this year at number 5 if Justin Blackmon is there? Or do you just have to many holes to fill to give up a 1st 2nd and 4th this year and next years first.
Better be zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Id shoot myself in the face if we were stupid enough to do that.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Adams getting released, I think they'll be aiming for a DT in the early rounds.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
With Adams getting released, I think they'll be aiming for a DT in the early rounds.
Why? Paea and Toe at NT. Melton and Okoye at UT. Unless someone really falls it's not happening.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Why? Paea and Toe at NT. Melton and Okoye at UT. Unless someone really falls it's not happening.
Paea rarely played last year, so you don't know if he's ready, and Melton could switch back to DE if he wanted to.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Paea rarely played last year, so you don't know if he's ready, and Melton could switch back to DE if he wanted to.
Paea played a lot later in the season. He looked good. Melton isnt moving to DE.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Webb out of the dog house enough that the Bears would pass on a LT prospect like Martin? Assuming all the elite DEs and WRs are off the board.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Is Webb out of the dog house enough that the Bears would pass on a LT prospect like Martin? Assuming all the elite DEs and WRs are off the board.
I don't think so. If Floyd and Perry are gone I'd take him.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Donkey Punch
Rookie

Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.

If Floyd is there, he'll be a Bear. I doubt he lasts until #19, however, and I doubt the Bears move up for him. I don't see any other receiver having value at #19 so I expect Emery to turn to defense and grab a cornerback, another pass rusher or a young linebacker to groom behind Urlacher and/or Briggs.
Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I encourage you all to check out my latest 4 round mock draft :)

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51453

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2184034.story

Probably smoke screen but I wouldn't completely object to trading down a few spots and taking Hill depending on FA and if Floyd is not there.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2184034.story

Probably smoke screen but I wouldn't completely object to trading down a few spots and taking Hill depending on FA and if Floyd is not there.
Two reasons Stephen Hill will be a stud in the pros:

1. He's clearly a height-weight-speed guy, running that 4.36 at 6'4. He also appears to have the frame to add some bulk without sacrificing agility. Possessing these elite physical attributes is imperative to becoming a #1 target in today's NFL.

2. Georgia Tech's triple-option offense is anything but wide receiver friendly. This really limited Hill's opportunity to contribute, and he was never in the proper situation to display the level he's capable of performing at.

The opportunities he he was given, however, were absolutely encouraging:

Jay Cutler and I fully endorse drafting this kid at 19 (as well as pursuing Vincent Jackson.)

Last edited by shady00 : 03-08-2012 at 02:39 AM.
shady00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Think this mock offseason is possible?

FA
Ben Grubbs
Brandon Carr
Robert Meachem
Eddie Royal
John Carlson

I think Royal and Carlson will be dirt cheap.

Draft
1 = Whitney Mercilus
1a = Stephen Hill (trade 2nd and early 3rd to move up into late first)
3 - 7 = BPA
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do people feel about Marcus Trufant and Kamerion Wimbley? As for yours Kong, I don't see us giving out that many big contracts. Out of that list, Carlson, Meachem we could probably afford (Im not big on Royal) the other two Grubbs and Carr are going to be expensive in my opinion. I think we can get Trufant for less and Wimbley can be our big name acquisition for the FA period. If he fits like this article suggests http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ey-if-released

But im not against going after Hill IF Floyd isn't there.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote