Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Wimbley would be nice, but Trufant would just be a bandaide. What about Aaron Ross? He is a few years younger and there were rumors the Bears were interested in him coming out of Texas.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Now that the #Bears have Marshall, where should they look in round 1? I don't think it will be cornerback, since Jennings was re-signed and our cover-2 doesn't demand absolute studs at that position.

A defensive-end like Mercilus would be great. I think he's being greatly underrated, and reminds me a little bit of Pierre-Paul when he was a prospect.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to trade down a little bit and get a future pick for next year to recoup the one we lost for Marshall. We could trade down to 26 and get a future 2nd and from there still target guys like Mike Adams, Cordy Glenn, Nick Perry, or Whitney Mercilus.

Of course, that presumes someone wants to trade up a bit, but even if not I'd probably still target the same four guys. We still need to build our trenches.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd like to trade down a little bit and get a future pick for next year to recoup the one we lost for Marshall. We could trade down to 26 and get a future 2nd and from there still target guys like Mike Adams, Cordy Glenn, Nick Perry, or Whitney Mercilus.

Of course, that presumes someone wants to trade up a bit, but even if not I'd probably still target the same four guys. We still need to build our trenches.
That would be ideal but like you said it's finding someone who wants to trade up.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still wouldnt mind Floyd if he fell or Hill. Remember B-Marshall isn't a spry pup, he's a vet who has some miles on him. I'd like to have at least a solid receiver next to him, learning how to play.

But I do agree in the sense that DE and OL are both still huge needs.

My realistic mock:
1st round: Stephen Hill WR- Not the glamor pick, but an insurance policy for Marshall if his antics get the better of him. A quiet warning that he'd better keep his head on straight, and his eventual replacement in a few years.

2nd round: Kelechi Osemele OG/OT: A lineman that will be to Tice's liking. I have him projected as a Guard in our power running game.

3rd rd: Chandler Jones DE: I've seen his stock in the 2nd or 3rd round. He can come in and rotate with Izzy opposite Peppers. He could hopefully develop into the guy opposite of Pep.

4th rd: Shaun Prater CB: We need secondary help. We are almost to the point of just needing warm bodies at the position.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill at 19 is a desperation pick we no longer need to make. I'm sure someone will take him in the 1st round, but I'd prefer it not be us.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Hill at 19 is a desperation pick we no longer need to make. I'm sure someone will take him in the 1st round, but I'd prefer it not be us.
I agree. Now we can sit back and choose whatever talent (that fits) falls to us. I still think Mercilus is the best option (if Floyd is gone), but I also wouldn't have a problem with trading down. I'm not sold on Martin or Adams as left tackles.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Y2Jimmy0
Rookie

Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Mercilus

Mercilus is my ideal pick in the first round unless the Bears somehow get Freeney. I think there's still a strong possibility that he gets cut and the Bears are the best system fit for him.
Y2Jimmy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After much deliberation, and spending the day reading scouting reports lol, I have come over to your guys' side. I've generally have seen 3 DE's that have been around (either slightly before) or after our pick. Melvin Igram, Whitney Mercilus, and Nick Perry. Andre Branch I've also seen picked in the late first. Mercilus sounds like the best fit IMO, ive even seen him compared to JPP. Which would be perfect for us.

Another factor that changed my mind was the depth of the WR class. Some prospects I like will probably be available in the third or fourth round. I would like Ryan Broyles or Marvin McNutt in the third. Either one would make a great complimentary receiver. I think I really like these two because most of our receivers dont have a clue on how to run routes. lol

I am worried though. Unlike with OL, the prospect list that really fits with what we desire in DE isn't very large (for first round prospects). So I'm worried those guys won't make it to us. But here's hoping!!

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 03-23-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I would've seen this Mercilus love (interesting phrase, btw) a couple days ago when I was constructing my first round. What would you guys think if the Bears took Janoris Jenkins? My limited studies indicated the Bears may need youth at corner, and Jenkins is a tremendous talent if you can overlook the personal stuff. Thoughts?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

I thought he was more of a man corner? Regardless, it is true that we need youth at corner. The one big thing is that our system, even though we don't play the tampa-2 as much as we used to, still isn't corner reliant heavy. We rely much more upon our front four putting pressure on the opposing QB and letting him make a mistake rather then putting our CBs on islands against receivers. So I know that a lot of us (bears fans on this board) feel that corner isn't a first round pick worthy position unless we are all but out of options.

We CAN overlook the personal stuff, but I doubt Lovie would. After the Sam Hurd problem, I severely doubt that Lovie would support an off the field problem player, unless he really cleared his name in interviews.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 03-24-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Y2Jimmy0
Rookie

Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
After much deliberation, and spending the day reading scouting reports lol, I have come over to your guys' side. I've generally have seen 3 DE's that have been around (either slightly before) or after our pick. Melvin Igram, Whitney Mercilus, and Nick Perry. Andre Branch I've also seen picked in the late first. Mercilus sounds like the best fit IMO, ive even seen him compared to JPP. Which would be perfect for us.

Another factor that changed my mind was the depth of the WR class. Some prospects I like will probably be available in the third or fourth round. I would like Ryan Broyles or Marvin McNutt in the third. Either one would make a great complimentary receiver. I think I really like these two because most of our receivers dont have a clue on how to run routes. lol

I am worried though. Unlike with OL, the prospect list that really fits with what we desire in DE isn't very large (for first round prospects). So I'm worried those guys won't make it to us. But here's hoping!!

Lovie seems to be really interested in Bruce Irvin. I think he is more of a 3-4 OLB and it could be a smokescreen. He has had issues in the past, but Lovie went to his Pro Day and went to dinner with him, and he will be visiting Halas Hall in April for a visit. If they went WR in round one still, would anyone object to Irvin in round 2?
Y2Jimmy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who we gna draft?

I have no clue where the Bears will go... CB? OT? OG? DE? LB? S? lol, could be anyone for all we know. Emory has: traded for Marshall, a posterboy non-chemistry that Angelo and Lovie preached against; reportedly went after Mario Williams (really? whoa...); signed the best backup QB we've had since...Matthews? Does Miller count? (Now all he has to do is pay Forte!)

I've got trust in Emory, I hope he can get a stud in the draft. My gut feeling is CB, probably Janoris Jenkins of North Alabama via Florida. Early 1st round talent slipping because of a change in schools. One thing that has stood out so far: Emory is willing to gamble, but get good odds on his bets. I like it so far. But still way too early.

Who Da Bears gonna draft?
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think of a Bear draft that went this way?

1. Jonathan Martin OT - Stanford
2. Jerel Worthy DT - Michigan State
3. Trumaine Johnson FS/CB - Montana
4. Nick Toon WR - Wisconsin
5. Tim Fugger DE - Vanderbilt
6. Jordan Morris-Bernstine CB - Iowa
7. Dale Moss WR - South Dakota State
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like Worthy but DE is a much bigger need.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like Martin that much, but I'm good with the rest of that draft.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

So what about the option of trading down with someone like Houston? They want a receiver, there should be Stephen Hill and Kendal Wright on board. We could gain their 3rd round pick next year and a 4th rounder this year. I would only do it if a lot of the guys we like were still on board, but no one seems to be talking about it as an option.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-05-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what about the option of trading down with someone like Houston? They want a receiver, there should be Stephen Hill and Kendal Wright on board. We could gain their 3rd round pick next year and a 4th rounder this year. I would only do it if a lot of the guys we like were still on board, but no one seems to be talking about it as an option.
I'm always a fan of trading down. I'd definitely do it for a reasonable offer.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think a trade down would be best. Go after someone like Wright, or Hill. Try to get an addtl 3rd this yr and use that for an olb, te, or db. The question is who would be wiling to trade down?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been thinking Bears might go Janoris Jenkis or Floyd if they are there.

I do like Martin the tackle from Stanford, but him being tied to Luck, and playing next to the best guard prospect in the draft definitely scares me... Still, this could actually turn out to be the opposite and Martin is overlooked because of these things.

I'm not a big fan of the WR - Hill. Good measurables, but is the kid a dominant enough football player to make an impact in the NFL? Scares me too much to risk a 1st round pick.
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I think a trade down would be best. Go after someone like Wright, or Hill. Try to get an addtl 3rd this yr and use that for an olb, te, or db. The question is who would be wiling to trade down?
Perhaps a good 3-4 linebacker, or a D-lineman that we don't want that somebody else does (Devon Still?) might be available. Trading back into the mid/late 20s is acceptable.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm trying to get a sense of the Bears plans at 19. Obviously defensive end is a big need. Is a corner a strong possibility there as well?

Having brought in Marshall, would they still seriously considering a receiver in the first?

Should any weight be given to the comments about them being happy with their current offensive line, or are they still likely to take a tackle there?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

We don't believe so about the offensive line. Or at least we hope not. Sadly, the Bears could go any number of ways. In this forum, many feel like DE is the way to go. And there is a lot of information to make that assumption. If Floyd fell to us, I think we would still grab him. And as it seems right now, no tackle that should be there will be worth the 19th overall pick. As for corner, *shrug* I dunno. We still need some talent at the position, but is it 1st round worthy?

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We don't believe so about the offensive line. Or at least we hope not. Sadly, the Bears could go any number of ways. In this forum, many feel like DE is the way to go. And there is a lot of information to make that assumption. If Floyd fell to us, I think we would still grab him. And as it seems right now, no tackle that should be there will be worth the 19th overall pick. As for corner, *shrug* I dunno. We still need some talent at the position, but is it 1st round worthy?
Floyd would be good enough value to make them go receiver. Do you think Gilmore (or another corner for that matter) would be good enough value to make them take a corner over an end like Mercilus, or a tackle like Adams or Martin?

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Last edited by jackalope : 04-07-2012 at 05:32 PM.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to believe the comments about the Bears being content with their offensive line are in any way genuine.

I refuse it.