Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the same concern. If Manning is healthy, he'd have to sit. If he's not, then this front office is still not looking like the most competent bunch of people to ever run a football team.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the first time in a dozen years, I intentionally skipped watching the Colts play at noon on Sunday. When I finally turned it on it was late in the 4th quarter and they failed on 4th down with a pass to Clark. The entire coaching staff are lame ducks. John Teerlinck might be the only one worthy of keeping a spot. I think without ditching everyone named Polian, the entire makeup of the team will continue to flounder. Our special teams have sucked the entire time Polian has been here. Peyton covered up nearly all of Polians flaws in building this team that it's sickening to think about.

We need an entire new regime, NEW GM & Pres, to come in with a new coaching staff. I wonder how much Irsay would be willing to do this. Nearly every part of the team needs rebuilt with new players. The D line and Secondary being the most urgent in my view. Would be really nice to have interior D-Line be a standout position for the Colts on a consistent basis.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to sound like a Penn State homer, but DT Devon Still has been VERY impressive this season.

Might be a great pick early in the 2nd round.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Not to sound like a Penn State homer, but DT Devon Still has been VERY impressive this season.

Might be a great pick early in the 2nd round.
I don't know much about Still but I do like his size. What is his playing style? Does he push blockers into the pocket or knife between them? How does his play affect the Penn State LBs? Does he have room to put on weight? At 6'5 I would think so.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Guys I was past this, but reading this article just infuriates me all over again. **** Bill Polian. Seriously.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...151745858.html

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't know much about Still but I do like his size. What is his playing style? Does he push blockers into the pocket or knife between them? How does his play affect the Penn State LBs? Does he have room to put on weight? At 6'5 I would think so.
He has the ability to do both. He is big, strong and athletic. Despite being 6'-5", he plays with low pad level and gets very good leverage. He constantly faces double-teams and still gets a lot of tackles for loss.

As far as how his play affects the LBs, a lot of times he doesn't let them make plays as he makes a lot of tackles himself (10 vs. Illinois last week).

The biggest knock on him is his injury history. This is really the first season that he has made it this far injury-free in his college career.

I'm not sure how he'll project as a pass-rusher, but he makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys I was past this, but reading this article just infuriates me all over again. **** Bill Polian. Seriously.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...151745858.html
Why the hell did he get let go?
I just don't understand. It seems like Polian is trying to tear the franchise apart.
Tryon seemed to have such a great attitude about things...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

And then there was one...
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the last team to get beat in the regular season,

To the last team to win in the regular season.

R.I.P. Colts

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The #1 pick is now ours and only the Colts themselves can mess it up now.

The question is, with this front office and coaching staff, will it matter?

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, for those that will compare this team to the 2008 Lions, there is no comparison.

That Detroit team was awful but it atleast was trying to avoid making history, this Colts team has completely given up.

The 2 best players on the team, Mathis and Freeney, have been completely useless in the last few weeks.

I'm hoping that they'll at least try once more before the end.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The true end to trying I think will come if/when the Jags beat us at home. If that happens guys will start missing games with "injuries" things will get even more out of hand.

Polian (Chris, Bill, whoever) has let this team fall to depths I didn't think were possible. The idea of him keeping his job next year makes me sick.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-09-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We should start a "Pat McAfee to the Pro Bowl" campaign.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it wasn't a sure thing already, it is now. Rams & Dolphins just got wins, so there's no one-win teams left. Don't think the Colts could get 1 of the next 6, let alone win 2 & tie-breakers.

Time to start looking at what we do with pick 33.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Now that we have breathing room I might not mind winning a game. For example maybe Manning gets healthy in time to win the last game of the season.

However an 0-16 season makes for a stronger case against the Polians and against retaining any of the coaches currently on-staff. So it is hard to decide.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW, if we manage to lose by an average of 16.3 for the rest of the season, we'll break the Tampa Bay Bucs record for lowest point differential in a season. With New England, Carolina, Baltimore & round 2 vs the AFC South remaining, it seems doable.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I definitely want to avoid history.

BTW, don't be so certain that Luck is a Colt next season. There are some rumors that his camp might try to force a trade to a more desirable situation.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I definitely want to avoid history.

BTW, don't be so certain that Luck is a Colt next season. There are some rumors that his camp might try to force a trade to a more desirable situation.
This would be devistating. I could be happy if the team decided to go with luck or trade him. However, if Luck forced a trade it would essentially take away all of our leverage in a trade and might even have to settle for a 1-1 deal with one of the other top teams.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
This would be devistating. I could be happy if the team decided to go with luck or trade him. However, if Luck forced a trade it would essentially take away all of our leverage in a trade and might even have to settle for a 1-1 deal with one of the other top teams.
My hope is that the team would discuss this with Luck and his people first in pre-draft interviews. If he doesn't want to go to the Colts they need to find out early on and trade the pick.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-14-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Irsay in his right mind would keep anyone named Polian into 2012. They should all go now. Regardless of what BP says, I think Peyton is done. My 'dream' scenario would be for Peyton to retire, the entire coaching staff retire and for the Polians to be fired. Irsay hires a new GM after the end of the season and together they pick a new coach. Prefer a defensive minded guy more than offensive. The new coach would install an attacking style of defense and not run the 'retreating' Cover-2. I would hire Peyton on to be our offensive coordinator and the team would draft Luck with the 1st pick. We'd run a similar style offense as to what we have now with a hurry up/no huddle. In the draft we need help in the secondary, LB, DT and add some quality depth on the O-Line. I think we need to start drafting one or two players each year for just special teams too. Our coverage and return units have sucked for far too long with scrubs.

Our core weaknesses were never successfully addressed under the Polian regime through the drafts - DT play and Special teams continued to suck for 10+ years.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My hope is that the team would discuss this with Luck and his people first in pre-draft interviews. If he doesn't want to go to the Colts they need to find out early on and trade the pick.
I would hope so too, I just hope that he doesn't come out with it before we can discuss it with him.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
I don't see how Irsay in his right mind would keep anyone named Polian into 2012. They should all go now. Regardless of what BP says, I think Peyton is done. My 'dream' scenario would be for Peyton to retire, the entire coaching staff retire and for the Polians to be fired. Irsay hires a new GM after the end of the season and together they pick a new coach. Prefer a defensive minded guy more than offensive. The new coach would install an attacking style of defense and not run the 'retreating' Cover-2. I would hire Peyton on to be our offensive coordinator and the team would draft Luck with the 1st pick. We'd run a similar style offense as to what we have now with a hurry up/no huddle. In the draft we need help in the secondary, LB, DT and add some quality depth on the O-Line. I think we need to start drafting one or two players each year for just special teams too. Our coverage and return units have sucked for far too long with scrubs.

Our core weaknesses were never successfully addressed under the Polian regime through the drafts - DT play and Special teams continued to suck for 10+ years.
If we were to do a complete rebuild, It would probably involve trading the Luck pick. Even though it would seem like starting with a new franchise QB would be the way to rebuild, it might be better to get a # of pieces this year and let peyton run the show for a year or two while you rebuild the team.

I mean there is a very good chance Barkley stays this year if Luck comes out, has a shot at a NC and being the #1 overall QB selected in next years draft

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

So your plan is to go another year with Painter? Yuck.

As of now my preferred HC candidates are Greg Williams (DC of New Orleans) & Mike Zimmer (DC of Cincy).

Regarding Luck, I think that Stafford, Bradford, & Newton showed the point that if you add good QB play to bad teams, things can turn around remarkably. Even if Luck says he's not playing for the Colts, that doesn't reduce our leverage that much. Miami, Washington, etc, still have to out-compete for him. If Luck doesn't want to sit behind Manning long-term like Rodgers did, then Manning becomes trade-able after a year.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I don't want Williams but I would take Mike Zimmer for sure. Assuming he would be allowed to actually coach. Which assumes Bill Polian is gone.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-14-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

It's nice to dream.

Sorry guys, Polians aren't going anywhere.