Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-16-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/12/...ight-want-norv

A lot of good meat in this article on some of other Polians failures and bad decisions. Good be saying high to Norv Turner next year. I wonder what Marty Schottenheimer is up to these days.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:42 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please never Norv Turner.... just, no.
No to Jim Caldwell.
Not to Bill Polian and Chris Polian.

Get rid of them and hire a legitimate coaching staff.
If Norv Turner is hired then it is my queue to keep playing fantasy football to keep things interesting because nothing good will come in Indy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could this be it?
I don't want this season to be one of the winless seasons for everyone to look back on.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a win today! Donald Brown had a good game today. Well thank you Santa for making my Christmas wish come true!

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job. Now lets not do anything crazy like lose 1st overall pick.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown has really improved this year. I think the RB coach and Pete Metzellars the OL coach are the only two I would keep out of the whole staff.

I guess it is nice to get a win but I am worried now because I've thought for a while our only chance to win anything was against Jacksonville. I still think the Texans will beat us but if we beat Jax now we will have 2 wins. STL and Minny probably aren't winning any more games this year. And STL's SOS will probably be terrible. So there's a good chance now that despite sucking so bad all year we will still not get the #1 pick. And possibly worse, Bill Polian might use a couple wins as a reason to keep the coaching staff intact.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good that we avoided joining the '08 Lions. I agree, Caldwell and Polians should still exit the picture at year's end. Time to start new.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now, the SoS stands:
Colts 120-103
Minn 127-97
STL 130-90

The NFC West isn't crap like usual, so STL isn't the sure-win you'd normally expect.

Someone over on ColtsFreakshttp://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...778#post400778 crunched the numbers and established that SD's win over Baltimore locked up the SoS for us. If all 3 teams finish with 2 wins, Colts will get the tie-breaker.

Essentially almost all of the remaining games are division games. So there aren't enough remaining games that matter for changing the SoS. 26 of the 32 games are division games. If Jax beats Tenn next week, it counts equally for the colts as both wins and losses.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a loss to Texans and we get 1st overall?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
So a loss to Texans and we get 1st overall?
That appears to be the case, yes. Hopefully they will fight for seeding and not just be content with winning the division. Then we're free to beat the Jags at Teal Tarp Stadium.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Sounds good to me. 2-14 would be great.
I just hope we don't keep our current staff.

And how about Pat Angerer? Dude was a monster in the middle. This is only the second game this year I actually got to watch. Has he played well all year?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Sounds good to me. 2-14 would be great.
I just hope we don't keep our current staff.

And how about Pat Angerer? Dude was a monster in the middle. This is only the second game this year I actually got to watch. Has he played well all year?
He's been injured some and at other times no, he hasn't played that well. He did have one game earlier this season, I forget which one, where he played on a similar level as last night.

A lot of it has to do with the DT play, which was a lot stronger last night than usual. They also played more tight man coverage until the end of the game (and unsurprisingly, they almost gave the game back as a result).

Better DL play means the LBs aren't getting blocked by OLmen so they're free to make lots of tackles and big Kavell Conner hits. Tighter coverage means the QB isn't so free to make easy completions that negate the pass rush. I dont' know where it's been all year. And I don't know why teams still go into prevent.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

So is "Peyton Manning not practicing this season" writing on the wall that he could be cut?

I've thought long and hard about it and I would rather have Peyton 3 more years than cutting him to make room for Luck. I realize the franchise would probably be better off with Luck, but I want Peyton to retire a Colt and finish his career here.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Ha, I am sig quoted!

I think if Peyton is healthy, they'll keep him and draft Luck.

If he's iffy, they'll try to rework his contract and if they can't agree, they'll cut Manning. They'll draft Luck either way.

If he's done, he will retire and the Colts will draft Luck.

I think Polian is dead set on Luck and nothing is going to stop him from drafting the kid unless Irsay cans him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-21-2011, 03:08 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Well I hope he gets canned along with Chris and Caldwell and we can bring in a respectable coach.

Jeff Fisher is a good coach when he has a decent QB. Give him Peyton or a non-bust draft pick (hopefully Luck wouldn't bust) and I would be happy to see him here.

Even the notion of Norv Turner makes me want to quit rooting for the Colts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I would seriously be fine with Norv Turner as an OC. I think Luck will be fine but it will only help him to have a QB guru helping him learn the pro game. That said, I doubt it will happen. That isn't how Irsay hires people.

I do think based on Polian's interview with Adam Schein (of course, because he'd never give this kind of interview to local Indy media) that Caldwell will probably be fired. I don't think Polian or his son will be fired but I think there's a good chance Bill will retire. I just hope it's real retirement and none of this "special projects" ******** where he still has a hand in things.

I would love for 2012 to be the rebirth of the Colts, with or without Manning. Continuity is only a good thing if what you are continuing is good. What we have sucks. No point in continuing it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-22-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Per Will Caroll of SI Manning is at 85-90%. Here's the Tweet:

Quote:
Peyton Manning is throwing at 85-90% and showing signs that the rest is conditioning, not nerve. Very positive.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Good sign.

But you know that Luck's camp is rooting against us getting 1st overall.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Good sign.

But you know that Luck's camp is rooting against us getting 1st overall.
I don't see that Luck or his camp have any choice. If the Colts get the #1 pick Luck will be a Colt.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-22-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't see that Luck or his camp have any choice. If the Colts get the #1 pick Luck will be a Colt.
He might demand a trade.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
He might demand a trade.
And what will he do if he doesn't get it?

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance the Colts win today?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Yeah there is a shot. If we can get turnovers and somehow get a lead then Arian Foster will have limited carries.

Really though I think Arian Foster gets 100+ yards rushing with some receptions as well. That being said I think the Texans win by 13 points.

I give the Colts 10% chance at a win. Also If the Colts lose then they clinch the first pick in the draft and the Suck For Luck will be complete.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Woah Reggie might be playing for the last time in Lucas Oil Stadium?

Did not know he was contemplating retiring...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Woah Reggie might be playing for the last time in Lucas Oil Stadium?

Did not know he was contemplating retiring...
He's not. He thinks the Colts wont re-sign him.

i done stole dis sig