Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
He's not. He thinks the Colts wont re-sign him.
That makes sense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bunch of ******* dumbasses. I know the players don't care about draft position. Ugh. This just sucks. I can't even enjoy a win over the Texans.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Jags!!!!!!!!

Now excuse me while I go vomit.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we lose to the Jags?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

I'm happy for Reggie though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Can we lose to the Jags?
We better.

Otherwise this season is even bigger of a disaster then we imagined.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win is a win. I'm happy to have something to cheer about again.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A win is nice for like 10 minutes until you remember the Titans and Texans have popgun offenses because of injuries and we still suck. And if we miss out on a franchise QB so that we could win a meaningless game then somehow this season found a way to get even worse. There is no Barkley to fall back on now.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Reggie dosen't re-sign. He would look great in Carolina blue.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Luck is the only true elite prospect in this draft. Missing out on him would be a disaster.

RG3 is a bit overrated imo and there are no great defensive prospects.

BTW, don't be surprised if Jags tank that last game to keep Colts from getting Luck.

Last edited by MaxV : 12-22-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably the most anxiety I've felt towards the Colts since the Super Bowl. We control our own destiny, we just need to make it happen.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Problem is the players don't care about draft position. And I think Polian's voice is starting to get quieter and quieter. It would almost be worth losing the #1 pick just to know how much it must piss Polian off. Not quite, but almost.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure whether I should congratulate you or console you. That could end up being a rather costly win.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok. I have been quite all year, but root for the Colts to lose to just to have the number one overall pick in the draft is ridiculousness. I for one am happy beyond belief that my Peyton Manningless Colts mustard a second win in a row and more importantly against a division foe.

We sent two messages to the Texans and the rest of the division last night. One, you aren't going to coming in to our home turf and win. They are now 0-10 in Indy and I would like to continue that trend. Two, we just let the Texans, Jags, and Titans that the Texans are just temporarily just the place holder of the division title for us till next season.

Back to tanking for a draft position. I for one disgusted to hear talks of sucking for a better draft position. First off most athletes are too competitive and have too much pride to lose on purpose. When I played ball up to college I would never throw a game because we where having a bad season. Secondly, they are playing for jobs next season. I understand from the fan prospective that suck for Luck is a great idea, but I for one would rather see my team end the season on a high note and end up with the 3rd-5th pick then throw games.

Should we get the 1st pick, who says the Luck signs with us. Does John Elway ring any bells? Colts drafted him, but where did he play? Oh, Denver that's right. More recently, Eli Manning. Draft by the Chargers and trade to the Giants on draft day for Phillip Rivers. I am not say that Luck would pull the same stunt, but it has to be in the back of your mind. Granted if Manning is healthy you have to keep him and let him play. If Luck is available to the Colts you have to draft him. If that would be the scenario I hope Luck is patiently waiting his turn and studies behind Manning for 2-4 seasons and ala Aaron Rogers (you hope). There are no promise that Luck will be the next Peyton Manning, but there is no way to know unless you take that gamble.

I know this post will rub some of my fellow Colts fans wrong, but I am tried of hearing the talk of losing on purpose. I for one am trilled about the back to back wins and against division foes at that. Lets keep the train rolling and end the season with three wins.

Go Colts!!! Beat the Jags! And when the dust settles let the cards fall where they fall.

I hope you will join me in congratulating the Colts on their win last night!

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this.

What will another win acomplish exactly? Is it really that much better to be 3-13 then 2-14?

If we have learned anything this season, it's that this team is missing more pieces then we originally thought. And if there is one saving grace with having a terrible season, it's the high draft pick.

Even if Luck demands a trade, we could probably get a KING'S RANSOM, especially with Barkley staying.

No, 1st overall pick or bust.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your entitled to your opinion (just have to agree to disagree), but they have to much pride to lose for the sake of losing. When your playing for a job they don't really care what the GM or the fans want. Sure there are a lot of needs, but I think they are more on the O-line and Defensive side of the ball. Truly I feel most of the problems are with the coaching staff and for that they need to go as well the Polians.

On a different note: I personal would like to see the Colts trade away the pick and stock pile picks.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 12-23-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redviper311 View Post
Your entitled to your opinion (just have to agree to disagree), but they have to much pride to lose for the sake of losing. When your playing for a job they don't really care what the GM or the fans want. Sure there are a lot of needs, but I think they are more on the O-line and Defensive side of the ball. Truly I feel most of the problems are with the coaching staff and for that they need to go as well the Polians.

On a different note: I personal would like to see the Colts trade away the pick and stock pile picks.
No player is sucking for Luck. They all want to win. It is ridiculous to think that the players have any reason to care for what pick they get.

With that being said, we just hope that our pathetic team loses so we can get the best prospect. No one is saying that the Colts are intentionally losing. That is what is so damn depressing about it all. 2-14 or 3-13? I'll definitely take 2-14. That win means nothing as most of our players that experience it are canned anyways.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-23-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Whether the team is 3-13 or 0-16, it sucks. This season has sucked. Moral victories over teams with terrible offenses don't prove anything and don't improve the team at all.

The #1 pick is the only thing that would've made this ****** season worth it.

And now there is talk that because of these wins Caldwell might keep his job. Which means the Polians would stay in power too. Are you ******* kidding me? Because of three wins against popgun offenses? After a season of terrible game plans, 3 years of bad time management, and almost zero player development? No. That is not acceptable.

**** these wins. They do nothing but make the team worse. I don't care about your pride and if talk of "tanking" hurts your feelings. Winning these games is the worst thing this team can do so of course that is what they're going to do. ****.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

I am sure you all our aware we are mathematically we are still in the hunt for the 1st overall pick. Colts, Rams, and Vikings are all sitting with two wins a piece.

I will present the three scenarios:

1. Should we lose to the Jags we clinch the 1st overall pick in April regardless what the Rams and Vikings do.

2. Should the Rams and the Vikings pick up 1 win each during their next two games and we beat the Jags we still clinch the 1st overall pick.

3. The only way the Colts lose the pick is the Colts beat the Jags and the Rams and Vikings lose both of their remaining games.

As it sits today we have a 66.67% shot of clinching the 1st overall pick.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The Rams are not going to beat the 49ers or Steelers. If we beat the Jags, which is very likely, we will pick 2nd or 3rd.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-24-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Rams are not going to beat the 49ers or Steelers. If we beat the Jags, which is very likely, we will pick 2nd or 3rd.
Minnesota pretty much lost the pick by winning.

St. Louis plays San Fran next week.
It is possible that San Fran wins this week and the Saints lose against the Falcons and that means that the 49ers could potentially sit there starters.

Just a thought. I am increasingly optimistic.
The Jags are gonna pound the football. Blaine Gabbert sucks and we just can't stop the run. Look for MJD to destroy us and hopefully we won't be able to put up points against their decent defense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

With the Vikings win over the Redskins today we can't do no worse than the 2nd overall pick.

Three Scenarios:

S1: We beat the Jags and Rams beat the 49ers, we clinch the 1st over all pick.

S2: We lose to the Jags, we clinch the 1st over all pick.

S3: We beat the Jags and the Rams lose to the 49ers, we clinch the 2nd over all pick.

I would love it if scenario one plays out, but either or of the 1st two scenarios would be fine. But to be honest after seeing the Rams performance today against the Steelers, a loss to the Jags seems to be the most realistic option to attain the 1st pick in the draft. I don't foresee the Rams beating the 49ers unless the niners rest their starters.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 12-26-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I understand that the players never were and never will tank. A bunch of those guys won't be on the roster next year so many are and should be trying to get noticed. They want to keep playing. I get that and don't begrudge them that.

What pisses me off is, in a general sense, the idea that we could have the season we've had, go so long without winning or really feeling like we could or deserve to win, and then have the one good thing about such a **** season be yanked away from us.

If Polian hadn't made a bunch of terrible roster decisions, if the Colts had played Orlovsky from the start, if they'd had coaches that could actually coach, this season might not have been a bust. Look at the way Lacey has been playing. Look at the safeties. Look at how big of a difference guys like Mookie Johnson and Pat Angerer and Rico Mathews have made the last couple of games. Look at how Reggie and Garcon have put up respectable numbers with mostly ****** QB play for the season.

If this front office hadn't put so many road blocks in place before football even started, this team could've won some games and even contended for the playoffs. Look at the South this year. Hell, look at the whole AFC. Pittsburgh and Balt are both vulnerable. NE's defense is dead last vs. the pass and not that good vs. the run. Houston is missing their 3 best football players. The West sucks more than usual. A 9 or 10 win season could've meant something.

I honestly do believe Bill Polian has tried all year to block this teams' success with dumbass roster moves and lots of coaching interference. I think he wants to gift Luck to his son and retire. And I think the players are tired of his ******** and are trying to stick it to him. No that's not the only reason. They beat 2 bad offenses and the Houston TD was a gift from the refs. But they're playing hard and it isn't for Caldwell. Not entirely, and I doubt it's even mostly that.

The worst part isn't even the idea of missing on Luck. It's the idea that we will continue on with the same losers in charge because somehow what hasn't worked all year somehow is, and now surely they deserve to keep their jobs.

I'm telling you, if Irsay keeps Caldwell and the Polians in place after this season, we'll know he is not making decisions based on wanting to win. The people calling the shots right now are not winners. They are coattail riders and snake oil salesmen and spineless yes men.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-26-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Mathews has stepped up?

It has just occurred to me that I have absolutely no idea who has played well and which positions are a need for us.

Perhaps you guys could enlighten me.