Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 TD's in 1:12. That's crazy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
well that was probably the worst defensive fourth quarter i've ever seen. whichever defense that chokes the hardest gets the loss apparently.
yea pretty much its hilarious

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, Michigan almost scored again at the end.

But certainly a memorable finish.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And defense like that is what we're going to see in the NFL a few years from now with some more rule changes.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
He was bobbling it
Based on the NFL rule - that was not a catch (not talking about the 1-foot thing). He didn't complete the catch all the way to the ground (nor did he have possession while his foot was on the ground). I know everyone likes to be liberal when it looks like a catch - but based on the NFL explanation of the Calvin non-catch last year, that wasn't a catch. Don't know if they have the same rule about "completing the catch all the way through." And for the record I was on the side of the officials with the Calvin ruling when most others aren't because I think a catch should mean a FULL catch all the way through.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
And defense like that is what we're going to see in the NFL a few years from now with some more rule changes.
Fantasssyzzzz footballlzzzzz statzzzzzzzz.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The irish bring me as much joy as a kick to the groin.
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know what was funnier, michigan deciding to have their safeties take the play off on that last ND touchdown or notre dame deciding not to cover Gallon in prevent defense. All the while Musberger is spitting out all this bs about "great football" and whatnot when it's embarrasingly bad defensive mistakes going on like middle school football.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Basically; there's not a whole ton of good teams in your eyes. I guess that's fair, but it's all relative. The separation between the teams outside of the top ten and some of the better unranked teams has proven time and time again to be indistinguishable at times in direct competition.

Wow. USC blocked the kick. That's a **** finish.
Yep. There is a subset of very elite teams and a whole bunch of decent teams this season IMO. Top five to seven and then blah.

I like defense and I haven't seen much of it this season.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet on Michigan. What a way to almost kill me.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
i don't know what was funnier, michigan deciding to have their safeties take the play off on that last ND touchdown or notre dame deciding not to cover Gallon in prevent defense. All the while Musberger is spitting out all this bs about "great football" and whatnot when it's embarrasingly bad defensive mistakes going on like middle school football.
They're talking about how bad the defense is now, to be fair.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on the replay apparently the refs missed a huge block in the back call on michigan on that Gallon play too. bitter night for ND fans.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate myself for not watching the game....I only caught the start up to 14-0

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robinson should have had like 10 INT's this game.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I hate myself for not watching the game....I only caught the start up to 14-0
It was insane and at the same time horrible with how bad their defenses were.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

seriously, how many passes did Denard just throw up for grabs? ND's level of suckiness in their secondary did him a lot of favors.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seriously, how many passes did Denard just throw up for grabs? ND's level of suckiness in their secondary did him a lot of favors.
I did like Hoch's honesty at the end there. He did basically say the Wolverines showed no resemblance of an offense pretty much. As in like an offensive system, obviously, they showed offense.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm more impressed with the defense, but I think Brantley will be fine.
yeah the defense is lightyears ahead of the offense right now. the offense is still having issues, especially in the redzone. i will say brantley looks much better so far, and chris rainey is an absolute stud. hes playing out of his mind. the biggest strength of the team right now is the defensive line. where your dline consists of shariff floyd, omar hunter, dominique easley, ronald powell (all 5 star recruits) and jaye howard (last weeks defensive lineman of the week) you know you have a very, very strong defense. i do disagree with the comment above though, i dont think florida is a top 10 team... their team is way too young right now, and im not sure how well the offense will play against elite defenses like alabama and lsu. very good team, but havent been challenged yet.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rewatching the Stanford game from earlier today and ESPNU is just getting down on some super slowmo Andrew Luck. Its like they forgot to bring the normal speed slowmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
yeah the defense is lightyears ahead of the offense right now. the offense is still having issues, especially in the redzone. i will say brantley looks much better so far, and chris rainey is an absolute stud. hes playing out of his mind. the biggest strength of the team right now is the defensive line. where your dline consists of shariff floyd, omar hunter, dominique easley, ronald powell (all 5 star recruits) and jaye howard (last weeks defensive lineman of the week) you know you have a very, very strong defense. i do disagree with the comment above though, i dont think florida is a top 10 team... their team is way too young right now, and im not sure how well the offense will play against elite defenses like alabama and lsu. very good team, but havent been challenged yet.
i'll reserve full judgement until after the tennessee game, because bray is going to be a good test for the young secondary. if the uf defense looks as good in that game as it has against fau and uab, i have no problem calling this team a championship contender. this team will have a very similar identity to alabama, just with a fast running game instead of a power game (although burton looked awesome tonight. a very, very powerful runner). the defense will keep teams from scoring, so if the run game gets going and brantley can be a game manager, florida could do very well. the only problem is our schedule.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i'll reserve full judgement until after the tennessee game, because bray is going to be a good test for the young secondary. if the uf defense looks as good in that game as it has against fau and uab, i have no problem calling this team a championship contender. this team will have a very similar identity to alabama, just with a fast running game instead of a power game (although burton looked awesome tonight. a very, very powerful runner). the defense will keep teams from scoring, so if the run game gets going and brantley can be a game manager, florida could do very well. the only problem is our schedule.
Middle of the schedule is def tough. Excited for the Tenn game, very happy with the defense right now aside from the countless offsides penalties.

I do feel we need a little more on offense, Our WR havent really stood out whatsoever and at the moment it seems our best pass play are the swing routes or quick dump offs to Rainey n Demps. As good as Rainey has been so far I can't see him playing at that level every game without getting tired/hurt, so be nice if some1 else stepped up. Brantley looks fine, good solid throws down the field and good decision making.

Next week will tell us alot. Go Gators
Old 09-11-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Ameer Abdullah sir, you are sexy sir.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bad of a week was it for the Big East? So many terrible losses and close wins in games that shouldnt have ben close. Conference could be as bad as ever.

Mountain West is easily stronger at the top.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My new top 25:

1) Alabama
2) Oklahoma
3) LSU
4) Boise State
5) Stanford
6) Virginia Tech
7) Florida
8) Ohio State
9) Oregon
10) TCU
11) Florida State
12) Oklahoma State
13) Wisconsin
14) Nebraska
15) Arkansas
16) Auburn
17) South Carolina
18) Texas
19) Michigan State
20) West Virginia
21) South Florida
22) Southern Cal
23) Tennessee
24) Texas A&M
25) Arizona State

Things are fluid blah blah blah, but I'll stick with my guns for now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
How bad of a week was it for the Big East? So many terrible losses and close wins in games that shouldnt have ben close. Conference could be as bad as ever.

Mountain West is easily stronger at the top.
If by, the top, you mean Boise State and TCU, I think the Mountain West is stronger than almost every conference.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote