Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-06-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I think he was regarded as a 1st rounder by a lot of draftniks but not mid first when he first declared.
Got it. I can see someone like Osweiler moving up into the 2nd or 3rd round this year based on the other QB competition.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The lack of QBs + his tools is going to move him into the 1st IMO. He'll have a good pro day, he'll look good throwing routes that he has practiced for a while to his receivers without any pressure. He'll test fine at the combine and will measure well. I don't really know his personality but I haven't heard of any huge red flags so he'll seem like a solid young guy to coaches. I think he'll be the 4th QB off the board and I think he'll land in Seattle, a place where he can develop behind a stopgap guy in Tavaris Jackson.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see all that separates him and Tannehill as prospects, besides exposure time. Similar playing time, similar upside, similar flaws. There's some things I even prefer about Osweiler, even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I really don't see all that separates him and Tannehill as prospects, besides exposure time. Similar playing time, similar upside, similar flaws. There's some things I even prefer about Osweiler, even.
While Tannehill is inconsistent going through his progressions, you'll at least see him attempt to go though them and try to find a secondary or third target.

With Osweiler, it's one quick read and check down to the flat. Still incredibly raw at going through the most basic of reads. It has to be really defined and open for him to pull the trigger.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's big, athletic and has a arm but he isn't the greatest qb and played in a entirely qb friendly system

I'd go maybe 4th round at the earliest

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think NFL teams really care that much. We saw that with Gabbert and with Newton to an extent last year. Both had great QB tools but neither really played in a complex system in college, and in fact both played in very friendly QB offenses I thought. Neither had to go through progressions in college very much, and neither looked like a very polished passer in college. But that obviously didn't mean that teams weren't willing to take a chance on them, and I think it is going to be the same case with Osweiler and even Tannehil.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
While Tannehill is inconsistent going through his progressions, you'll at least see him attempt to go though them and try to find a secondary or third target.

With Osweiler, it's one quick read and check down to the flat. Still incredibly raw at going through the most basic of reads. It has to be really defined and open for him to pull the trigger.
He does throw a lot of those little swing passes and things to the flat. But again; not really seeing a whole lot of separation between those two in terms of what they've proven and the selling points are similar.

We'll have to see. I would put him as the clear cut 4th QB in the class after Luck, Griffin, and Tannehill. Tons more potential than a Cousins or Foles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yup, I wanted to say this. Osweiler locks onto his target almost Gabbert like.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of Osweiler's and think this is a huge mistake on his part. For as much hype as he gets for his arm, I havent been that impressed. He's not as bad as Gabbert but he gets happy feet and creates pressure on himself that isn't really there. Plays in a very QB friendly system full of screens and underneath routes. I cant see him going sooner than the 4th unless some team is out of their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he was smart enough to realize that Todd Graham would try to get him to be a running back.

Great move, Osweiler. Screw Graham.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Tannehil is a first rounder, so is Osweiler. As stated...someone will take a chance.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he signs with Tom Condon, he'll get first round buzz by tomorrow.

We may have found this year's Gabbert. Love this kid's tools, but he's going to get seriously overdrafted.
Sigghhhh....I knew you were going to point this out and the Gabbert comparisons would come up.

I WANT to like Osweiler, but not in the first two rounds.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Sigghhhh....I knew you were going to point this out and the Gabbert comparisons would come up.

I WANT to like Osweiler, but not in the first two rounds.

Might as well just move to hating him, because someone will take him in the first.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Might as well just move to hating him, because someone will take him in the first.
At least I've seen him make the occasional good throw. It'll be hard to be as bad as Gabbert.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Osweiler sucks. JMO.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't think it's smart to draft Osweiler in the first...nor do I think it's likely that an NFL team actually goes through with it. He might have that kind of talent, but he just hasn't proven enough yet. I'm going to give him a pass on some of the elements of rawness in his game considering this was his first year starting(he's even less experienced than Tannehill, who people routinely give breaks to in) and a lot of the stuff that's wrong with him projects to get better with more seasoning. You still can't assume he can make that sort of leap forward.... but he had the ability to. That's more than you can say for the next batch of guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it's smart to draft Osweiler in the first...nor do I think it's likely that an NFL team actually goes through with it. He might have that kind of talent, but he just hasn't proven enough yet. I'm going to give him a pass on some of the elements of rawness in his game considering this was his first year starting(he's even less experienced than Tannehill, who people routinely give breaks to in) and a lot of the stuff that's wrong with him projects to get better with more seasoning. You still can't assume he can make that sort of leap forward.... but he had the ability to. That's more than you can say for the next batch of guys.
Pfft...didn't stop the drafting of Locker, Tebow, Gabbert, and Ponder in the first. Probably gonna be a 49er.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Pfft...didn't stop the drafting of Locker, Tebow, Gabbert, and Ponder in the first. Probably gonna be a 49er.
And Kaepernick is going to....be a WR?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Locker looked good this year in the time I saw him, I think he will be a best QB of the 4 you named...

I have Osweiler going in the 2nd round in my latest mock that I'm going to post soon, and it should be intersting to see where some rank him in the coming weeks.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Osweiler in the first if I'm a team like the Seahawk. I mean, the guy seems like a complete douche, but he's got a lot of things going for him as a starting QB. Size, arm, athleticism... Staring down receivers really isn't a knock going into the NFL, but it's a plus to not do it.

Better than Tannehill by a lot. Compared to last year's class, I'd have him below Stanzi (my #6 2011 QB), but ahead of Ponder, Dalton, and Yates.

Last edited by nepg : 01-07-2012 at 03:31 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. (10ch)

Quote:
If Tannehil is a first rounder, so is Osweiler. As stated...someone will take a chance.
and this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Osweiler! He literally is just horrible. If i was a GM i wouldnt touch him untill the 5th round as a development prospect but ovbiously he is going to go higher i just feel sorry for the team that gets him.

Hes unaccuarte, locks onto receivers, has poor pocket presence, gets fazed by the rush makes no reads or progressions and has only played for one year.

F*** it! I wouldnt even take him in the 7th round.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill and Osweiler basically have the same amount of college starting experience.

Who has more upside?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Tannehill is the bigger project but has slightly more upside. He's got the bigger arm and better speed outside the pocket. But....I actually think Osweiler has better mobility inside the pocket, with good pocket awareness, and is more elusive, even at 6'8, than Tannehill, which is really impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And Kaepernick is going to....be a WR?
OLB, he knows what the QB is thinking. :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote