Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
16 25 64.0 194 7.8 3 127.3

That looks pretty good to me.
Are you playing the lottery today?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah we should all be astounded that the best pass rushing LB in the game got to Sanchez tonight.....
And the fact that Sanchez was able to make plays in the 2nd half despite that is not too bad at all.

The 1st half was so poorly coached by Schotty that its hard to really gauge upon Mark on that. He is such a piss poor coordinator that I just hope he lands a coaching gig elsewhere next year.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Sanchez played well.

Besides the turnovers, he was pretty ******* good considering new receivers, a good pass rush, and no help in the running game.

And Dallas' makeshift secondary didn't even play poorly. There were a few mistakes but it's not like Santonio ******* Holmes doesn't get open against starters. It's not like guys were running wide open all over the field. If they were open, he hit them - that's his job.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions played pretty well today. Should have scored one or two more touchdowns instead of kicking field goals but Stafford didn't get sacked or have any QB hits recorded on him. Winning on the road in Tampa is a good way to start the season. Next up Kansas City at home.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lions played pretty well today. Should have scored one or two more touchdowns instead of kicking field goals but Stafford didn't get sacked or have any QB hits recorded on him. Winning on the road in Tampa is a good way to start the season. Next up Kansas City at home.
I watched a lot of this game. WTF is Stafford's problem? He can't be touched without having an issue! It's frustrating. But my god, I love his arm.

Also I don't think Best is going to be able to run the ball consistently this year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lions played pretty well today. Should have scored one or two more touchdowns instead of kicking field goals but Stafford didn't get sacked or have any QB hits recorded on him. Winning on the road in Tampa is a good way to start the season. Next up, beating Kansas City at home.
Fixed it for you!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Fixed it for you!
Not going to lie. I like Detroit's chances right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I watched a lot of this game. WTF is Stafford's problem? He can't be touched without having an issue! It's frustrating. But my god, I love his arm.

Also I don't think Best is going to be able to run the ball consistently this year.
Are you talking about his leg? Everybody on the Lions was having problems with cramping.

Best is going to be a 15 touch guy who is a dangerous weapon in the receiving game. Jerome Harrison's role will grow and Morris is running pretty well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Get the **** out of here with this ********. I ******* could have thrown twice that with all of Dallas's starting DBs being out for the game.

Wow u need to relax dude and stop making ridiculous statements

If you want to throw in missed plenty of passes as a category fine, but thats going to be a big list at the end of the season if we should start keeping track, something that elite QBs don't do. Also how about the should have been interceptions? Or the actual bone headed interceptions, or the fumble?

Read what I said. He played a mediocre game and missed plenty of opportunites. That being said he still racked up over 300 yds and 2 tds which is a pretty good game.

Any elite QB playing with the talent the Jets have on all sides of the ball would have won a SB by now, and not just "he took us to two AFC championships". He is the weakest part of that team, and is certainly not a top ten QB, or will ever be that kind of a QB.

Hes been in the league for 2 years it boggles my mind that you cant imagine him at least marginally improving over the rest of his career
responses in bold

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see him marginally improving, him marginally improving however is not any where near where it will take for him to be considered elite Im sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I was watching the 4 QT of the Cowboys-Jets game several people I was with, none of them being Cowboys fans, said, "It wasn't his fault." (when referring to the INT and the botched snap where he wasn't even looking when the center snapped it). I have been a little bit of a Romo apologist for quite some time now, and I'm no done with it. This kind of **** (turnovers, botched plays), in the 4th QT with minutes to go always happen to him. There is no more blame game. Those kind of plays, which lost Dallas the game, literally, lost them game, always happen to him in the most crucial situations. He lost Dallas the game in week 1. He, by himself, lost the game. He just threw it away. That's what he does late in games. He tends to make nice plays from time to time, usually has good stats and bangs some hot ******* broads, but at the end of the day, he's a loser. And he always will be. It's just who he is. I don't want the ball anywhere close to his hands with 3 minutes or less at the end of a half. The Cowboys will finish another season on the outside looking in. The Jets are the Jets. They barely beat a team they should crush, and only won because the game was handed to them. Paper Champions.

The Colts without Manning are ******* terrible. That defense is going to be so demoralized by the shockingly atrocious ineptitude that it turns a mediocre defense into one that's almost as bad as the Cardinals. I gave them no more than 5 wins this year because I was expecting Manning to play in no more than 5 games. I would be stunned if they win one game without Manning. He is the most important football player in the NFL to his team. That entire team is built on his shoulders.

The Redskins are exactly what I thought they were ... a really good team that needs a QB to simply manage the game. If Rex, and this is a huge IF, can stay turnover free, the Redskins are going to be a lot better than most people thought. Hightower is going well over 1,100 yards this season if he stays healthy.

The Steelers pass defense is terrible. Outside of Ike Taylor, they have nothing at CB. They refused to address CB in the draft or free agency. Their zone defense gets picked apart by any offense that is well above average (and they played an offense that wasn't well above average), and now it's getting picked apart by a team like the Ravens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-12-2011 at 12:24 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers looked great today I mean Rivers had a monster game even if he had 2 ints I mean one of them Jared Allen covering Mathews 1 on 1 who wouldn't throw it to Mathews in stride Allen played on the ball perfectly. Our defense is looking amazing holding it to 28 passing yards? Reguardless of what people say about McNabb sure he's not who he used to be but Chargers can never get credit for playing great against the pass like they've been doing since last season. It's always the other team playing bad not Chargers playing good. The opening run back at the beginning of the game is what kept it close for it hopefully our special teams won't be a problem again. Tolbert+Mathews is looking like a jizzfest.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never really understood the Mark Sanchez hate. He's a pretty damn good young quarterback. Not elite or anything yet, but the potential is absolutely there.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy for Lions and Bills fans that their teams had big road wins today. Those fanbases deserve a good season. I know the Bills don't have the talent on paper that the Lions do, and maybe the Chiefs suck or, just maybe the Bills are a pretty good team this year. They played well, give them credit. I'm pulling for both of those teams this year.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Good point but this AZ defense is worse so 500 and sits the 4th quarter
no way Clancy Pendergast alone makes that defense worse. Worst DC ever
Old 09-12-2011, 04:02 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex Grossman looked great today.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
-Kevin Kolb & Cam Newton... both guys deserved wins, unlike SF-Seattle
How much of, and what about the SF-Sea game did you watch to determine that noone deserved to win?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually encouraged by Dallas' play. That is a very young team they threw out there. The offensive line performed very well in pass protection and the front 7 played very good football. I was worried about our run defense, but they were a wall. Dallas could be a lot better than I thought they would be this year. I'm not down on that loss at all. My expectations are actually heightened, after not being so high to begin with.

Say what you will about the Cards defense...there is no discrediting a performance like that out of a rookie QB, in his debut game, no less. He did not look like a rookie QB all game long. His mistakes were minimal...he saw the field beautifully, went through his progressions, looked defenders off, displayed outstanding accuracy on damn near all of his throws. And he took it down and scrambled, only when there was nothing there through the air. He was excepional. He stood tall against the blitz, and looked like a 10 year veteran. His confidence and pocket poise is astounding for a rookie. And these are the things we saw in the preseason, even when he struggled. This guy is not going to bust. I dont see that in anyway. As long as his accuracy holds up, he has all the makings of an incredible passer inside that pocket. He's guying to hit a rough road eventually, it's a given...but he is such a special talent. And as for Steve Smith...makes me real happy as an NFL fan, to see him look like the player of old. Looks like he can still be one of the more exciting players in the league, if healthy. The ability is still there.

Not surprised that the Chiefs and Bucs didnt look too hot. Like others, I thought these two had the best chances of taking a step back heading into this season. Well, I never expected the Chiefs to get bitched like that, but they were an overachieving team, imo. As for the Bucs, they're building someting really nice, but they're very young...them taking a step back, shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone if it happens. And I really like where the Lions are going anyway, so there is no shame in losing to them at all right now.

I love Bradford...but the guy has no help out there, especially with Amendola going down. Arizona should roll to a division title...even if that means 9-7. The Rams really need to put an onus on WR in next year's draft/off season. Get the guy some real weapons. The team is littered with 3s and 4s at WR.

They lossed, but Hass looked good for the Titans in the 2nd half, when he had time to throw the ball. Britt should be in for a monster season, and this makes me a happy man. Mccown did his job and drove the bus, but I dont really see them surprising or anything...running 50 times per game and trying to force the ball into Mike Thomas and Jason Hill against better defenses. They played a solid first game, though. They really got the best of the Titans o-line. Johnson didnt do any anthing and Hass was under a lot of pressure for the majority of the game.

Still not worried about Atlanta or Pittsburgh. They should both be fine. Hats off to the competition, though. It was nice to see Pitt face struggles they normally dont see, but I wouldnt expect this to become a trend, or anything.

Dalton was actually doing a decent job of managing the game...I really like that Jerome Simpson was his apparent #1 target. He was the go to guy, before Dalton went down. Simpson and Gresham got plenty of looks. Nice to see AJ Green make a big play, after a quiet start...even if it was a little lucky, I guess. Benson just did his job as the work horse...they did some good things. I really dont see a drop off if Gradkowski has to play...but it's not like they're going to have a good pass offense regardless this year, but they didnt play a bad game, overall. I'll give them that. The defense played tough.

The Giants dont scare me, but I'll never write them off. They'll always be a threat and competitive in NFC East games. JPP is a maninmal and Nicks can beat damn near anyone. I'm not drinking the Grossman koolaid, but you couldnt really ask for much more. He played very well. Now Kerrigan, he was impressive and my boy, Stephen Bowen, was a tough block all game as well. I really like the potential of that defense, it's well constructed.

Not much to say about the Colts...they're terrible, everyone expected a loss yesterday. And the Texans wont get much praise from me, until they finally make the playoffs...we all know how much talent they have. This should be the year...maybe.

I cant believe Kaeding went down again. ughhhh. But yeah, Rivers got his yards, like he always does and they just controlled the ball all game. I dislike the Vikes receiving core, aside from Percy, and Mcnabb didnt help matters.

Seattle and San Fran are both going to suck. Kudos to Ted Ginn...but, these two teams are pretty awful. I fully expect the Cowboys to steamroll the Niners next week, and the same thing can be said about Seattle against Pittsburgh next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 08:48 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Did you see the O-Line Sanchez had? Ware was at Sanchez throat at least 6 times in the game and Spencer was at Sanchez face twice.

The O-Line was so bad, that it amazes me how Sanchez got out of this in one piece. Considering how awful the line was, Sanchez getting the numbers he did and the big plays he did, is amazing in its self.
That offensive line didn't even play that bad. Mark Sanchez got occasional pressure from Demarcus Ware and on a few blitzes where Sanchez hit his hot route receiver, but that was still a better line performance than about 80% of teams got this week. He had more than his fair share of clean pockets and performed adequately compared to what we expected from him. He checked down mostly and didn't make too many mistakes besides for the Lee interception. That is exactly what the Jets need him to do to win games.

Sanchez is nowhere near elite now, and will probably settle in as a middle of the road starter, but I think the Jets can win with him. That Jets O-line is a thing of beauty though. Slausen and Hunter are below average, but Mangold, D-Brick, and Moore make up for it. Every QB is going to face pressure in the situation that Sanchez was in. Most of the time it was a case of more blitzers than blockers or Hunter 1-on-1 with Ware, but Sanchez has to account for that. If he gets sacked in that situation that is on him.

Sanchez is still going to be the biggest liability on the Jets this season.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Mike and Mike they have a segment where you describe a team's performance in 5 words or less. I'm going to give a few of my thoughts that way here:

Steelers - Defense: Old and Slow

Panthers - Newton is the real deal

Ravens - Ray Rice MVP

Chargers - Everything but special teams

Chiefs - Shaking my head...

Colts - Pre-order your Luck jersey

Cowboys - Romo is anti-clutch

Jets - Better lucky than good

Falcons - Top seed no more
Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron
On Mike and Mike they have a segment where you describe a team's performance in 5 words or less. I'm going to give a few of my thoughts that way here:
Rams - Same ****, different year.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Not surprised that the Chiefs and Bucs didnt look too hot. Like others, I thought these two had the best chances of taking a step back heading into this season. Well, I never expected the Chiefs to get bitched like that, but they were an overachieving team, imo. As for the Bucs, they're building someting really nice, but they're very young...them taking a step back, shouldnt come as a surprise to anyone if it happens. And I really like where the Lions are going anyway, so there is no shame in losing to them at all right now.
So the Chiefs are an overachieving fraud of a team, but the Bucs, who had just as easy a schedule last year, are "building something really nice but are young"?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Bears reaction requires more than 5 words.

When I saw that we were starting the season against two straight playoff teams, I was worried. An 0-2 start was definitely possible.

But we badly beat Atlanta. Our defense matches up with their offense extremely well and their o-line was simply outmatched by our d-line. We got pressure with just our front 4 all day long, allowing us to drop our linebackers in coverage. Ryan could find anyone open and pass rush just started beating him up, especially in the 2nd half.

The o-line was pretty bad, but better than the "awful" they usually are. They gave up a few sacks, but they were mostly on John Abraham beating J'Marcus Webb.

Cutler had a great game, but there were two dropped interceptions that are worrying. The tip/pick/TD I won't hold against him since it was pretty a pretty freak occurrence. The game was well in hand by that point however.

Urlacher showed that he's still one of the league's best middle linebackers.

And of course, the defense as a whole was opportunistic as always. We limit your big plays and make you go the entire length of the field if you want to score. That gets awfully frustrating to an offense, and creates plenty of opportunities for you to make mistakes.

Kind of scatterbrained, but it was overall a good performance for the Bears. Next week will be interesting against a high octane offense in New Orleans. We match up with them worse than we do with the Falcons, but their offensive lined showed major weaknesses against the Packers which we hopefully take advantage of.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs did overachieve last year.

Charlie Weis made Cassel and the OL look better than they really are and they took advantage of a week schedule.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have a friend who is a huge Bears fan, so I hear about every game from him in detail, and he pretty much said what you did.

How'd Forte look yesterday?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As one of the few Colts fans on this board I'd love to try to convince you all that they're going to get better, that Collins only had 3 weeks to learn the offense, he's rusty, the OL has 4 new starters and should get better, they'll run more, etc.

But there's no explaining the defense. Ever projected starter was healthy and available for this game. After the first series or two, they just gave up. No heart, no passion, no pride. Every time the camera showed a Colts player on the bench it was the same 1000 yard stare at nothing.

This team just isn't very good. The receivers, D-ends, Addai, and rookies are all good or promising. Beyond that, I have to wonder how many of these guys would make other NFL teams.

To compound the problem, the Colts have the worst coaching staff in the NFL. Caldwell has no idea what he's doing and his staff follows his lead.

I can't believe how much this team relies on Manning. I knew they did, a lot. But not to this extent.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote