Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Oh, the game where he drifted out of the pocket for no reason other than to throw a terrible ball to the sideline that got picked off and ran back for a game-losing TD?

Yes, that play happened and BG was still somehow considered a surefire first rounder/top QB prospect.

Funny story, Jaguar GM Gene Smith was at that game to scout Stanzi with him Director of College Scouting. During the game, said Director asked Smith what he thought of Stanzi. Smith replied: "I dunno, I've been too busy watching the Missouri kid."

Smith has also admitted to not doing a ton of scouting work on Eugene Monroe, because he didn't think he'd be available to them at their pick. So I'm almost positive that Smith saw this game, got smitten, and blew a load when the Titans took Locker at 8.

**** my life. **** the NFL.
Yes, the very same! Great game, great game...

But seriously, I haven't watched one minute of Gabbert this season, but I remember after watching that game where he was lighting us up when sitting in the pocket, but would get ridiculous happy feet for no reason and just bail on a perfectly good pocket. As soon as he did that, his throws sucked and he tried to force things. Is he still having the same issues?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yes, the very same! Great game, great game...

But seriously, I haven't watched one minute of Gabbert this season, but I remember after watching that game where he was lighting us up when sitting in the pocket, but would get ridiculous happy feet for no reason and just bail on a perfectly good pocket. As soon as he did that, his throws sucked and he tried to force things. Is he still having the same issues?
Worse now. Those exact issues, but worse. I highly recommend that everyone watch tonight just to see this spectacle. The Chargers aren't the best opponent, because Turner's Aura of Suck can make the impossible possible (for the other team) but Gabbert should still look awful.