Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If all the QB's that we feel are worth taking in the first round are gone RT is easily out next biggest need.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

given that scenario, i might see about trading back a few, not many, spots and get an OT. i wont even say he has to be a RT. just a good OT
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the point of watching next season if we don't draft a QB in the first round? I mean seriously. Who is gonna get excited about Orton, Cassel, or Stanzi starting at QB for this team next year? I know I won't be excited.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Besides wishful thinking, I'm gonna need you guys to convince me that the Chiefs are ready to give up on Cassel. If Haley is gone anyway, why wouldn't Pioli bring in McDaniels and give Cassel another year?

Not saying Cassel doesn't suck; he very much does. I just don't trust that your front office is done with him.
Who knows what Pioli is thinking. And he wouldn't bring McDaniels in because he's a ******* god awful coach.

But yeah, Cassel does blow incredible amounts of donkey *****.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
What is the point of watching next season if we don't draft a QB in the first round? I mean seriously. Who is gonna get excited about Orton, Cassel, or Stanzi starting at QB for this team next year? I know I won't be excited.
No one would be excited about that, and we'd go nowhere as a franchise.

We need to come out of this draft with a top franchise signal caller. Period. There is no other way to go with our first pick other than QB. Cassel is not a starter, and Orton won't stick around. Even if he did he isn't a starting caliber QB.

And I'm really sick of the Chiefs being absolute dogshit at the most important position in football.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at this point, we all need to be praying that everyone comes out for the draft this year. if Barkley goes back, RG3's value goes up. we need them all to declare and give ourselves a shot at 1 of them with numbers. IMO, all will be top 10 this year if they declare
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No one would be excited about that, and we'd go nowhere as a franchise.

We need to come out of this draft with a top franchise signal caller. Period. There is no other way to go with our first pick other than QB. Cassel is not a starter, and Orton won't stick around. Even if he did he isn't a starting caliber QB.

And I'm really sick of the Chiefs being absolute dogshit at the most important position in football.
Amen, but this franchise will probably take an OT in the first round simply because Pioli still "believes" in Cassel.

I'm saying this...if this team doesn't draft a QB in the first round and Orton and Cassel are the only QB's on the team in 2012, I'm not watching. I'm so sick and tired of this franchise being too scared to take a QB early in the draft.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Gaither was just released, so RT is a much bigger need than ILB now.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guy was a walking false start. Still think RT hinges on Maneri. Silly that we haven't seen him there yet.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

I think this mock would be incredible for our team. Only 3 rounds so far but here goes.

1. Matt Barkley/RG3-Pretty much whoever is the 3rd QB left because I don't think we'll be in position to choose between the two. I'd bet RG3 would be the pick.
2. Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington-Gregg is gone next year and Powe is clearly developmental. I've watched Ta'amu and he's very impressive to me.
3. Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin-Love this guy. Pioli should like his versatility too. 6'6" 320 lbs and played both LT and RT. He would be awesome at RT.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KCstud I would be in favor of that given Barks is the pick.

Monday we find out if Matt Barkley is going to declare or at least he will have a discussion with his family, Lane Kiffin and the USC AD.

They are BCS eligible, loaded with talent I wonder if this is all smoke and mirrors though. I would love to see this kid in Arrowhead on Sundays.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/1...kle-in-the-nfl

Wow that says a lot. I think there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that OT needs to be the pick if we can't get a QB in the first. It's a huge huge need.

Most glaring need on the team after QB IMO.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/1...kle-in-the-nfl

Wow that says a lot. I think there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that OT needs to be the pick if we can't get a QB in the first. It's a huge huge need.

Most glaring need on the team after QB IMO.

This pic says it all.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I've been saying this for weeks and people didn't believe me.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still trying to figure out why Maneri hasn't been given an opportunity at RT.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why Maneri hasn't been given an opportunity at RT.
I'm trying to figure out why Jared Gaither wasn't given an opportunity at RT.

Regardless of where the Chiefs pick in the draft, they need to put themselves in a position to draft a quarterback, and that might mean trading up. I hate these rumors about the Chiefs trading for Peyton Manning. I don't trust his neck.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I'm trying to figure out why Jared Gaither wasn't given an opportunity at RT.

Regardless of where the Chiefs pick in the draft, they need to put themselves in a position to draft a quarterback, and that might mean trading up. I hate these rumors about the Chiefs trading for Peyton Manning. I don't trust his neck.
Agreed. We need to trade up to secure one of the elite QBs in this draft. And that definitely does not mean Peyton Manning.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Gaither not getting an opportunity had a lot to do with him being lazy and possibly even more mentally inept than Barry Richardson. And it showed any time he got playing time. False Start machine.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sorry, but Gaither could not have possibly been worse than Richardson. I mean that literally. Richardson is the worst starting OT in the NFL as backed up by actual statistics.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we finish with 6 wins, we will pick in the 7-14 range most years. If we are at the top of that range, we might have a shot at RG III, assuming Barkley comes out. Currently we rate #12, which is where I would put us on draft day.

Assuming we are at #12, Luck, Barkley and RG III are long gone. I would seriously consider Tannehill, fully expecting that he would not play a down as a rookie. Landry Jones I am less thrilled with, but this is about where he rates to go as well.

Failing that, our most pressing need is RB. Someone needs to replace TJ immediately, and we need CJ's replacement soon. Third on the list is TE. Moeaki is a talent, and both a very good receiver and a superior blocker. But his injury history is long. We need at least one other TE. However, this is not a first round need. NT is 4th. Again, this is not a 1st round need, because there are no 1st round NTs this year. RT is 5th, and once again, for day 2.

#12 is an ideal spot to trade down. Getting an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick is helpful, but a mid to low 1st is much more suitable for anything but QB.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QBzzzzzzzzzz....
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

1. QB
2. RT
3. RB
4. ILB
5. 5tech

I honestly feel that if we don't take a QB in the first we're screwed for the future.

I would package whatever we have to in order to make sure we can move up to secure one of the "top 3" QBs.. Luck, Barkley or RG3. I don't care what we spend. It's time to buck this trend the Chiefs are so set on with plugging in journeyman QBs.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't think there is anything we could offer Indy to get Luck but I do feel they could move up for another QB.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah you're probably right, but I think it depends on Irsay. It seems like he wants to keep Peyton over taking Luck but really who the eff knows.

I'd love RG3 or Barkley as a consolation prize though. I'd be more than happy with that.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Gaither not getting an opportunity had a lot to do with him being lazy and possibly even more mentally inept than Barry Richardson. And it showed any time he got playing time. False Start machine.
This just can't possibly be correct.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote