Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs won the coin flip will pick 11th in the first round of the draft.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, SUCK IT Seahawks!

Though this probably didn't matter a whole lot. I don't see much crossover in our needs and the needs of the Seahawks to begin with.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think the two teams have virtually opposite needs. The only area I think they cross paths is RB.

Last edited by nepg : 02-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And QB, but I doubt either of us are taking one.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 is meeting eith the Chiefs tonight
Old 02-24-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Of course he is. So will 50+ other prospects. It's annoying when people blow this up (I'm not meaning you, obviously) into meaning he'll be drafted by us, that we'll move up, etc.

It's due diligence. I'd love RG3 here, but I don't think it's all that likely.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Of course he is. So will 50+ other prospects. It's annoying when people blow this up (I'm not meaning you, obviously) into meaning he'll be drafted by us, that we'll move up, etc.

It's due diligence. I'd love RG3 here, but I don't think it's all that likely.
It looks like "unlikely" just changed to "no chance in hell." According to ESPN "Robert Griffin III measured 6-foot-2 and three-eighths of a precious inch at the NFL scouting combine" and weighed 223 pounds. I thought he might slide (at least a little) if he came in shorter or lighter but no such luck. No way the Chiefs pony up the cost to move up to take him and I can't say I blame them.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, why isn't Weeden being talked about? The guy was just as good as Luck and RG3 this year. Look at his stats. 34 TD's, 13 INT's and 67% completion rate in 09 and 37 TD's, 13 TD's and a 72% completion rate this year? That's insane.
He also BEAT Luck, RG3 and Tannehill this year. That says a lot.
Yeah he's 28, but he's ready to win now like this team is. He knows how to be a pro. He was a pitcher for the Yankees for crying out loud. He knows what pressure is in the big leagues.

Those who hate his age need to remember that we got Trent Green here when he was 31 years old and came off a serious injury. Well how did that work out? We had elite QB play for 5 years and were SB contenders. The window for Weeden IMO is 7-8 years. Hell Brady will be 35 next year and he's still elite. I think Weeden can play until he's 35 and give us at least 8 seasons.

In the 2nd round I would take that. He's an elite prospect. If he was even under 25, he'd be a top 15 pick guaranteed.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
In the 2nd round I would take that. He's an elite prospect. If he was even under 25, he'd be a top 15 pick guaranteed.
Weeden is not elite. He isn't close to elite. He will never be an elite prospect. Elite prospects do not go in the second round.

Quote:
He also BEAT Luck, RG3 and Tannehill this year. That says a lot.
He didn't beat Luck, RG3, or Tannehill. Oklahoma State beat Stanford, Baylor, and Texas A&M. It's a team game.

Quote:
Those who hate his age need to remember that we got Trent Green here when he was 31 years old and came off a serious injury. Well how did that work out? We had elite QB play for 5 years and were SB contenders.
How'd it work out? We had some high powered offenses but we won exactly zero playoff games. And we were Super Bowl contenders? You can't contend for a championship without ever getting there.

Quote:
Yeah he's 28, but he's ready to win now like this team is.
He IS 28, and he WILL need to be developed. He isn't ready to win now. No QB comes in ready to win now. It will take a year or two for him to be ready to go, and by that time he'll be 30/31 years old. No thank you. I'm tired of stopgap solutions to this position. I don't want someone for 4-5 years, I want someone for 15 years.

Last edited by vidae : 02-29-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Qwell Jackson signed long-term with the Browns. He was the best candidate to come to the Chiefs and upgrade the ILB spot via free agency.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So we'll take Taze in the 6th, np. ;D

Old 02-29-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a poll on Chiefs.com.

You be the GM - Who would YOU pick?

Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III

And RG3 has more votes.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Haha, yeah I'd take Luck 100 times out of 100 and not even think twice about it. Maybe people are picking RG3 because there is a slim chance we can trade up whereas Luck is the slam dunk first overall pick and it isn't changing.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Haha, yeah I'd take Luck 100 times out of 100 and not even think twice about it. Maybe people are picking RG3 because there is a slim chance we can trade up whereas Luck is the slam dunk first overall pick and it isn't changing.
What he said.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems a bit like a "duh" move, but with Brady Quinn signing, the Chiefs wont be selecting a QB at all this year. This draft looks like it will go one of three ways: Poe, DeCastro or Kuechly
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Kind of upsetting because I'm a giant fan of Tannehill. :(

If I had to pick between those guys, I think I'd go DeCastro, even though I hate drafting a guard that high.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see us taking Luke Keuchly. He's the smartest and arguably best defensive player in the nation last year. He would be our Teddy Bruschi. Then again, Belcher is young and is very good against the run, plus he's a Pioli pick. Add Siler in there and it doesn't appear that we need him that bad.

DeCastro would be incredible, but I can see us passing on him because there is so much value at G this year. There are 5 G's that can start day one (DeCastro, Glenn, Zeitler, Silatolu, and Osemele), so I can see us either trading down and taking one or picking the best defensive player and getting one in round 2.

As for Poe, he scares the hell out of me. I just don't know with him. He is a freak, but then again so was Tank Tyler and Vernon Gholston and we saw what happened to them. If he is so dominant in the weightroom, why couldn't he translate that to the field against lesser opponents?

If I'm Pioli, I trade down a few spots. It's likely that DeCastro will still be there in the late teens. If not, that's fine because you can get a Cordy Glenn or Kevin Zeitler and they aren't that big of a drop, especially considering you get an extra 3rd round pick to either use for depth or use in a deal to move up in round 2 and get a better talent.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

As the draft gets closer the more I want the pick to be DeCastro. Matt Cassel is going to be the guy regardless of how we feel and we need to put him in the best situation possible. Either he steps up his game or the OL will all ready be in place for the next QB. Win Win.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like DeCastro a lot and I think he should be the pick, but the more I think about it the more I think we trade back into the 20s. We raped the Browns in a trade last year and I think Pioli will look to do the same this year.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am man crushing hard on DeCastro. He is the best player and the best fit. The idea of drafting a player that is best at his position in this draft, probable multiple Pro Bowls and instant upgrade for us is to exciting to pass up. Position and pick be damned.

I would be up for a trade depending on how far down we would have to go. Also, who would be the desired prospect @ #11 and who's a trade partners?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Maybe someone like Tannehill falls to 11 and Pioli doesn't want to draft him. Or Trent Richardson. Or hell, maybe someone falls in love with Poe.. I'm not sure. We will be in a position to move back though.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Chiefs still like Stanzi as a developmental guy moving forward?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Do the Chiefs still like Stanzi as a developmental guy moving forward?
It's hard to say really. The Chiefs don't let much information out of the Arrowhead. He was drafted as a project, so it isn't much of a surprise that he didn't take a snap last year. Last year was such a train wreck on offense that I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions from it.

I guess we'll have a better idea when the draft rolls around and see if the team takes a QB and how early.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafting for KC in a First Round Only Mock....

Tell me about your OL situation. Looks like Albert and Winston at tackles, decent guard depth, but who will be your center?

Defense looks good on paper, but are you satisfied with your NT? What about losing Carr, who will take over opposite Flowers?
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Drafting for KC in a First Round Only Mock....

Tell me about your OL situation. Looks like Albert and Winston at tackles, decent guard depth, but who will be your center?

Defense looks good on paper, but are you satisfied with your NT? What about losing Carr, who will take over opposite Flowers?
Second year player Rodney Hudson will more than likely be the starting C.

They are set at OT and RG but could use a upgrade at LG.

Stanford Routt will take over for Carr.

NT is a HUGE need so Poe could be the pick.