Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-23-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard knowing if all the visits have actually been reported.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, as far as Kuechly goes, he was flat out asked on the radio if he had come to KC and he said no. I don't know about DeCastro.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you're right, but usually the players are asked who they visited and these 3 have for sure confirmed they visited the Chiefs. DeCastro and Kuechly have both been asked and said they were not invited to KC.

BTW, just in case anyone in the KC area is looking for a place to go. myself and a couple friends will be @ Chappell's in North Kansas City for the 1st round Thursday Night. anyone is welcome and incouraged to come. Chappell's is a great venue to watch sports and voted by SI as a top 10 Sports Bar in the country.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aw, you should have told me a week or so ago, I would have come hang out. I have people coming over now. They're not people I especially care for, but they're people..

Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, right on. i really didnt know if i was going to have to work or not, but i got the week off. maybe friday or saturday we could get together. i will watch every round possible.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I try to go to Chapell's it's on a Sunday. Chapell's is closed on Sundays :(. Not sure where I'll go. I don't have cable, but I could stream it from home via NFL.com or other means. I was thinking maybe Tower Tavern. There's a congregation of Pats fans that go there. Maybe I'll hit up Chapell's. Not sure yet.

I don't get out of work until 6PM these days, so it's probably cutting it close to go anywhere the first two days since I have to drive from Olathe to Midtown, take care of the dog, change, and by then it's already past 7PM.

Day 2, I'm hosed for the first hour.

**** Roger Goodell for taking my holiday off the weekend where it belongs. I used to travel for the draft and would have gone to Dallas or Detroit this year.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You live in Olathe? We're practically neighbors. This is a real nice city.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work there.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.11 - Dontari Poe - NT - Memphis
2.12 - Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami (OH)
3.11 - Ronnell Lewis - LB - Oklahoma
4.12 - Brandon Taylor - S - LSU
5.11 - Ron Brooks - CB - LSU
7.11 - Evan Rodriguez - TE/FB - Temple
7.31 (from NE) - Brandon Bolden - RB - Ole Miss

This is our draft in the forum mock! Hope you guys likes it! We wanted Tannehill but the Browns traded in front of us to grab him!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ya, we rocked it.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Longest week ever!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It really has been. I hate it.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Longest week ever!!!
i thought that getting this week off would be awesome. turns out that has made it drag on forever and its only ******* TUESDAY!! this week will never end. at least at work i would have been preoccupied and busy. :note to self. only request thursday and friday off next year:
Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
1.11 - Dontari Poe - NT - Memphis
2.12 - Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami (OH)
3.11 - Ronnell Lewis - LB - Oklahoma
4.12 - Brandon Taylor - S - LSU
5.11 - Ron Brooks - CB - LSU
7.11 - Evan Rodriguez - TE/FB - Temple
7.31 (from NE) - Brandon Bolden - RB - Ole Miss

This is our draft in the forum mock! Hope you guys likes it! We wanted Tannehill but the Browns traded in front of us to grab him!
I've made my thoughts well known about Poe, but damn would I like Ronnell Lewis in the 3rd and Brandon Taylor in the 4th.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

as i said in my previous post, i have narrowed my prospect list for the Chiefs to 3. even with a trade back, more than 1 maybe available (depending on how far back we go). Poe is one of those 3 players. he fits a lot of the criteria that Pioli looks for. he did come to KC, interview and meet the coaching staff, he was a team captain, he has a history of overcoming bad situations, he has no real pronounced character flaws, he isn't lazy and most importantly he embodies Pioli's mantra "bigger, stonger, faster". i know the question marks about Poe are real, but they aren't anything that a driven player can't overcome.

IMO, of my 3 players on the top of the list Tannehill fits more of the criteria than the others. then Poe and then Brockers. If Tannehill is drafted before #11, then Poe is a very realistic possibilty. he is the BPA at a NEED position and thats been Pioli's M.O. from day 1 three years ago.

i will wait until Pioli proves me wrong before i adjust my opinions of how he uses his philosophy (does that even make sense?)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

I just can't buy into Poe being taken, although it wouldn't shock me if he did end up being the pick. A lot of value is placed in the game tape and his game tape is not pretty.

I think Kuechly goes before 11, although I don't think he'd be the pick even if he were available. Having a hard time buying into the Chiefs taking a Guard this high.

Right now it seems like either Tannehill or another pass-rusher, if they can't move down.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If I were forced to make a top 3, it'd be:

1. Tannehill
2. Poe
3. DeCastro

I'm probably one of the bigger Tannehill fans you'll find and I like Poe more than most too. The best part about drafting 1 or 2 is that the people at AHP will freak out. They hate both Tannehill and Poe. That's just icing on the cake.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

My top 3:

1. Tannehill
2. Richardson (Never know. Teams may panic on drafting a RB in the top 10.)
3. Barron (only if they can't get an offer to move down)
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't see the need for Barron. We have Berry and KLew who played really well last year. Barron could probably beat out Lewis for the starting job but is that really a big need right now? I don't think so.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will break something if Richardson falls and the Chiefs take him. You only take a RB that high if you desperately need one. Even with out Jamaal the Chiefs finished 15th in rushing.

They should easily be in the top 5-10 this year.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Meh. I'd be happy with Richardson at that point in the draft. The positions the Chiefs are looking at are fairly deep with guys that could start or contribute significantly into the 3rd round or maybe even later.

Charles and Hillis are both coming off injuries and they'd be getting a franchise caliber RB for backup money.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't see the need for Barron. We have Berry and KLew who played really well last year. Barron could probably beat out Lewis for the starting job but is that really a big need right now? I don't think so.
Lewis has been up and down player (he's made some nice plays and has given up some huge ones), but that's probably due to the fact he's been banged up a lot. I'm just not sure if he's going to hold up for long as a starter and will be a free agent after 2012.

The Chiefs like to play 3 deep a lot and will shift more to a 3 deep look with Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning in the division instead of Jason Campbell and Tim Tebow. The Chiefs will need to play some really excellent coverages, so I think having 3 good safties would be ideal. Chances are decent we'll see more 6 DB looks in 2012. I'd also prefer to move Eric Berry back to FS where he can be more of a ball hawk.

With that said, I'd much much rather move down than draft Barron.

Quote:
I will break something if Richardson falls and the Chiefs take him. You only take a RB that high if you desperately need one. Even with out Jamaal the Chiefs finished 15th in rushing.

They should easily be in the top 5-10 this year.
Yet they struggled to run the ball when they needed to most.

Probably by this point, I'm preparing myself for basically any potential situation in my mind so I'm not completely "wtf" when the pick actually rolls in around 45 hours from now. There just isn't an obvious direction they could go this year. It was a pretty certain thing they needed help at receiver last year, Eric Berry was a slam dunk and they didn't even have 3 defensive linemen in 2009. This year? Really struggling with a solid answer.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-24-2012 at 11:51 PM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too. I will break out the good bubbly and have a toast. That would be almost as good as getting Tannehill. Any time a top 5 talent slides to #11, its is a good play to grab him.

Dont look now, but I think Russell Wilson is on the game plan. The question is when?

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Me too. I will break out the good bubbly and have a toast. That would be almost as good as getting Tannehill. Any time a top 5 talent slides to #11, its is a good play to grab him.

Dont look now, but I think Russell Wilson is on the game plan. The question is when?

J
No he's not. Just go look at all of the QBs Pioli has drafted over the years. They're all 6'4 220lbs.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, Pioli isn't going to draft a 5'10 QB. Brees is the exception, not the rule.