Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going out on a limb and say that we somehow end up with Tannehill. Either him falling to 11 or us moving up to 7.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I'm thinking we go for a solid, slightly reach prospect like Decastro. He should be the BPA on KC's board at 11. I certainly hope that's the case anyways. I didn't think Barron was THAT good to grab at eleven. I'm just hoping we grab a NT in the second or third round. Who would you guy's prefer? Ta'aMu or Chapman? Both are big run stuffers but no pass rushing skills. Chapman also has bad knees.
Outside of his ACL tear last year that he kept playing on like a boss, I'm not sure how Chapman has "bad knees"
Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd rather have Mike Martin for an NT than either of those guys at this point.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy draft day everybody!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is just my opinion, but i would rather Chapman. you know he is tough as nails. he played most of the year with a torn ACL. he has played the exact position the Chiefs are looking for at a high level in the SEC. Josh reminds me of Kelly Gregg 12 years ago, similar skill set and body.

as far as Mike Martin, i think he looks stong, but Chapman has a larger lower half. a NTs legs are his anchor when he gets double teamed. even if he doesn't get a push, it takes 2 guys to occupy him.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'd much much rather have Josh Chapman. Top flight program, he's tough, etc.

Oh yeah, HAPPY DRAFT DAY!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Outside of his ACL tear last year that he kept playing on like a boss, I'm not sure how Chapman has "bad knees"
Well his play decreased while on that bad knee, which is why he's a late second round pick at this point. Also, if you don't have an ACL(the primary restraint for anterio translation of the tibia) it would wreck havoc(possibly) on your meniscus, more torque on your PCL or other primary ligaments. This makes one wonder if he going to be predisposed to more knee problems. There have also been studies that show players don't "trust" their knees as well until about a year after surgery. Another question is to whether or not you wonder if he's genetically predisposed to having Knee problems, perhaps a smaller femoral space, etc.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Well his play decreased while on that bad knee, which is why he's a late second round pick at this point. Also, if you don't have an ACL(the primary restraint for anterio translation of the tibia) it would wreck havoc(possibly) on your meniscus, more torque on your PCL or other primary ligaments. This makes one wonder if he going to be predisposed to more knee problems. There have also been studies that show players don't "trust" their knees as well until about a year after surgery. Another question is to whether or not you wonder if he's genetically predisposed to having Knee problems, perhaps a smaller femoral space, etc.
thats way to complicated for me. i aint good wit all them fancy words. all i know is that when you turn on the film, he is a good player and he is on the top of the heap when it comes to tough guys.

he very well maybe predisposed to knee issues, but i don't think he would have continued playing if he thought that was the case. he has to have a small amount of self preservation
Old 04-26-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

i'm not hearing names attached to the Chiefs today. only possible trade partners. i guess we heard Barron's name earlier in the week, but not so much now. i really think this means a trade down if any team gives a good enough offer. i'm ok with not being in love with anyone @ #11
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just wanted to say that if we somehow end up with Brockers I will go play in oncoming traffic. It was nice knowing you all.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
thats way to complicated for me. i aint good wit all them fancy words. all i know is that when you turn on the film, he is a good player and he is on the top of the heap when it comes to tough guys.

he very well maybe predisposed to knee issues, but i don't think he would have continued playing if he thought that was the case. he has to have a small amount of self preservation
It was, sorry I've been in ACL world for awhile. I guess what I'm saying that if you compare Chapman and Ta-AMu the samoan doesn't have those injury concerns. Both aren't much for pass rushing but I don't know if I'd take Chapman just because he's a tough guy..
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who else can be linked to KC before the draft.outside of Luck and RG3 we've been linked to basically everyone
Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they don't go with Barron. I do think they will go defensive line, Brockers, Poe, or Coples.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Coples is a waste in the 3-4. Brockers is awful. Poe would be ok.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs are going to use Barron as trade bait if there. I don't want him but his stock is rising fast.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want them to take Poe. He is just too big a risk.

As for Barron, I think that's a smokescreen.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Chiefs to take BPA...If that's Barron then fine but take BPA don't reach for need
Old 04-26-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Rookie

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am open to anyone other than Poe. Overall roster is pretty solid. BPA is the way to go in the 1st.
SoCalBam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

So glad Richardson is off the board.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well now I'm really sad. sigh :(

Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill and Keuchly gone, I'm hoping it's DeCastro.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Tannehill and Keuchly gone, I'm hoping it's DeCastro.
Agreed. That said I still feel they trade down.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

If anyone can get Poe to succeed, its Crennel
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

NICE! Poe! Awesome pick! Get him worked up RAC.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Rookie

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is going on with his hair?
SoCalBam is online now   Reply With Quote