Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-28-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't know who Jerome Long is, but projects as a 5tech and it's the 7th round so whatever, haha.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the 1st of our 2 7ths we take Jeremy Long, DT, SDSU
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really don't know who Jerome Long is, but projects as a 5tech and it's the 7th round so whatever, haha.
IMO the 6th round is when I stop being upset about picks.6th-7th rounds are the oh well rounds
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He waited a LONG time to get drafted.

You see what I did there?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Junior Hemingway pick, I don't love it. Solid depth though.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's gonna be this years Colin Brown/Gabe Miller. Romeo and Pioli are gonna beat the **** out of him in a truck stop restroom coming back from training camp and he's going to "land on the IR"
Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I really like our entire draft top to bottom.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually do love the Hemingway pick. That is the kind of WR you want as your #5. They added youth and talented depth to that position which has been an issue since I can remember.

I don't think the Chiefs missed on any picks and they did everything I wanted them to do. They now have quality, talented depth along the OL, "we'll see, but I like it" depth at WR, they added a quality defensive back to the mix, and they grabbed a solid all-around runningback who provides true depth and not just a role player.

I think Pioli hit another home run. Like last year, this was more of a Packers-style draft than what we're used to seeing from Pioli or the Patriots over the last decade.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I really would have liked to see a corner somewhere, but I'm pretty happy with how this draft turned out.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

anyone heard anything yet on UDFA signing's?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrowhead Pride is reporting quite a few UDFA signings for the Chiefs so far

G Cal Justin Cheadle
S K State Tysyn Hartman
RB Colgate Nate Eachus
WR Nebraska Brandon Kinnie
WR Louisville Josh Bellamy
S Bethune-Cookham Jean Fanor

edit: just a quick few thoughts on this draft. it was the ultimate in unsexy. when the sexiest part of your draft is the athleticism of a NT or a 4th rd slot WR nick named "Wiggles", them its unsexy. however, as unsexy as it may have been, it was just what this team needed. we added depth at some key positions. we added LOTS of beef to the offensive and defensive lines. we have players with high potential at key positions where they can learn at become greatly improved. i'm a little surprized that a CB or true 5 tech wasn't drafted (or earlier), but all in all this isn't going to be a draft graded with a A+ from draft pundits. what is going to do is add a lot of lunch pale workers to this team at positions we needed help. later down the line, we may look back at this draft as a big reason for our sustained success

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 04-28-2012 at 09:14 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jean Fanor, S, Bethune-Cookham
Josh Bellamy, WR, Louisville
Brandon Kinne, WR, Nebraska
Nate Eachus, RB, Colgate
Tysyn Hartman, S, Kansas State
Justin Cheadle, G, Cal

Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

the Chiefs drafting and signing alot of WR's makes me wonder about the Bowe situation
Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Regardless of the Bowe situation, I'm glad to be getting younger at the position. I think someone can take over for Copper for sure.

Our WR depth was awful anyway, so I don't mind drafting two WRs.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
the Chiefs drafting and signing alot of WR's makes me wonder about the Bowe situation
The Chiefs made 0 effort to re-sign any of the depth chart at WR, so this isn't shocking by any means.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the WRs thing has nothing to do with Bowe. The Chiefs have had dog **** for depth at WR for quite some time now. They only had one receiver until last year.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the finish to the draft. A big projectionable defensive end and a receiver with some size and explosiveness.

I like the draft overall, you gotta love Poe's upside, Allen and Stephenson should both be starting within 3 years, Wylie could have an impact as a return man, and Menzie and Gray should be special team standouts while getting some limited time on offense/defense. Long and Hemingway probably won't bring much in 2012 but maybe after a year we'll see them on the field.

My only problem with the draft is the value. I'm sceptical that Allen and Stephenson couldn't have been had later on. Also, there were better linemen available. I am pleased with the positions picked, just not the players.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Linemen were really starting to fly off the board in the 2nd day.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I don't think they could have had Stephenson or Allen much later. Also don't think there were "better" linemen available, especially for scheme fit. As Tony said, there was a run on linemen on Friday.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one quick pat on the back for myself (watch me break my arm doing it). the Chiefs selected and signed 0 QBs this entire weekend. as i said the second they signed Quinn, i felt they wouldn't draft a QB. i think they flirted with Tannehill, but ultimately they did not want to trade up to get him.

this is also a firm indication, as most of us know, that Stanzi is the QB of the Future and just because he didn't start any games last year it isn't reason to give up on him yet. that year of learning, watching film and practicing with this team will be invaluable. (on a side note, if only he were the magical age of 28 already, he could start over Cassel, right J? i guess you were right about a team taking him in round 1, but we have to wait a couple years to see his success. wait i mean this year, cause he won't get to many years of being avg before he collects social security. /Weedenrant) sorry
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm sorry, but the fact that we didn't draft a QB has absolutely nothing to do with Stanzi. At all.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I'm sorry, but the fact that we didn't draft a QB has absolutely nothing to do with Stanzi. At all.
Means they didn't think any of the QBs were as good as him. Which is true.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

This QB class quickly went to blah after Tannehill and they didn't have a chance to take or pass on him.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
This QB class quickly went to blah after Tannehill and they didn't have a chance to take or pass on him.
It was a pretty normal QB class. Much worse than last year as far as the number of guys who could be long-term starting QBs go. Only Luck, RG3, Tannehill, and Osweiller had any real potential as future starting QBs. Compare that against 10 or more from last year's class with that kind of potential...

I didn't even bother ranking the QBs this year...

It was pretty comical how some ****** newspaper in Florida had the Chiefs pegged for Kirk Cousins and that the local media was running with that (actually it was kind of sad to watch/listen to)... If they didn't have Stanzi, I could see it, but Cousins doesn't completely fit the bill of a Pioli QB and his potential just isn't as strong as Stanzi's.

The Chiefs will probably bring in a UDFA QB like Aaron Corp or Patrick Witt.

Last edited by nepg : 04-29-2012 at 02:39 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was really hoping we'd move up for Tannehill but I guess that wasn't in the cards. I would have loved to have an actual QB on the roster.