Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-08-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Maas said on 610 that we have the lowest blitz success rate in the league and that Romeo is having a hard time scheming for it.
Also, Barry Richardson is one of the worst rated RT's in the entire league according to PFF. His numbers are horrific.
I know QB is a major need, but I think if the top QB's our gone by our pick, than we need to focus on RT and DL.
Gilberry is the most overrated piece of fail as he got half of his sacks in one game last year against the worst OL in St. Louis. Bailey is young DL and had no offseason, so he deserves a little more time, but Houston has been a major disapointment. Houston is averaging 5 blitzes a game with a lot of game experience and Tamba taking up all the attention and he still can't do anything?

May not be sexy, but if all the QB's are gone I'd be all for drafting Devon Still and maybe even trade Dorsey. Still is gonna be one damn good DE who can stop the run and rush the passer.

This defense is close. All pro OLB, ILB and S combined with solid CB's and an already decent DE. We get a guy who can get pressure on the defense from the DL consistently and we are guaranteed a top 10 defense.

I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted OL and DL in the two of the first 3 rounds.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

Last edited by KCStud : 11-08-2011 at 06:34 AM.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Maas gives decent insight most of the time, but he's not giving the full scope there. Romeo isn't having trouble blitzing, he's playing it safe. He's not sending guys from weird angles because he can't afford to. If the offense gets going, you'll see more and more creative blitzing. They're playing it safe because it gives the whole team the best chance to win. They could care less about stats.

Gilberry is very good in his role. He gets a lot of pressure. He's not supposed to rack up a ton of sacks, but he get a lot of them for the number of snaps he plays. I'd attribute his lower rate of production, stat-wise, this year to adding weight in an effort to become an every down DL.

How is Houston a disappointment? He looks very good in pass coverage, and we've seen what he can do when he blitzes. It's rare for a rookie OLB to even play in this defense, nevermind get the amount of playing time he does...

Pioli drafting a Penn State player? That's just crazy.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The guys they draft have to make the roster, though. The Chiefs are 7-deep along the DL (granted, you want to be 8-9 deep) and all of those guys have roles. Bailey's been really good and Gilberry is excellent in his role. A rookie 34 DE just isn't going to overtake Jackson or Dorsey... Simply not going to happen. As much as we might feel they need to be upgraded, it's not that simple because they're a lot better than any rookie that could come in from this draft class. The Chiefs might be able to find a developmental guy, but they won't find someone that can start over Dorsey or fill the passing downs role better than Bailey & Gilberry.

Pioli's philosophy for the first couple rounds is the guys he drafts have to be upgrades to the position(s) he's drafting them for straight out of the gate (or in McCluster's case, create a new position within the offense/defense). Basically, you have to be a major contributor right away.
Then Pioli's philosophy is incorrect. If he is only shooting at guys who will be upgrades right now than he is not taking the best players available (which is not true, because he took the best guy in Berry). He also drafted Jackson and TJ started immediately.

The Chiefs are ridiculously weak in the trenches, on both sides, and they need to take players that will push for starting jobs immediately. Those players are available every single year. Every NFL team takes players realizing the rookies will not be at their best their first year, but they still take them.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is Houston a disappointment?
I think people are more disappointed with how Crennel has used him, so far.

I think it's fine they are developing him into the role he will have as a strongside backer, but they should find a way to get him into different situations to utilize his strengths. There's a lot of raw talent there and Crennel should explore creative ways to take advantage of it.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the QB's are gone by our pick then either Ta'amu or Reiff are next on my list.both lines got physically bullied today
Old 11-13-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
if the QB's are gone by our pick then either Ta'amu or Reiff are next on my list.both lines got physically bullied today
Yup. I'd add Mike Adams and David DeCastro to the list.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd trade up and draft a franchise QB. I don't care who it is. I trust in Pioli to make the right decisions at this point, as his drafts (aside from 09) have been great.. but I'd pretty much give Indy whatever they want for Luck at this point. Move up to #1, secure a franchise QB, move on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No QB can succeed behind our awful OL.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers did pretty well behind a poor OLine with no running game last year. i'm not comparing Luck or any other QB in this draft to Rodgers. i'm only rebutting your "No QB" remark.

the hardest part about this offense is trying to figure out which is holding us back the most, bad play calling or bad play calling because Cassel sucks. i believe once Cassel isn't behind center, this offense could flourish.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know Cassel holds onto the ball way too long. Palko has a quicker delivery. He drove us what, 55 yards in less than a minute? That's about as much as Cassel had done all day.

I'd shuffle around the OL now. We're out of the division race. Dorsey is hurt. Cassel is hurt. This season is over.

LT: Jared Gaither
LG: Branden Albert
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah
RT: Barry Richardson (until he can be replaced next year)

I'd put that together TODAY. I'd have them practicing with that group TODAY. I'm just so sick of everything about this team. It's time for a change. Heads are going to roll and they deserve to.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We all know Cassel holds onto the ball way too long. Palko has a quicker delivery. He drove us what, 55 yards in less than a minute? That's about as much as Cassel had done all day.

I'd shuffle around the OL now. We're out of the division race. Dorsey is hurt. Cassel is hurt. This season is over.

LT: Jared Gaither
LG: Branden Albert
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Jon Asamoah
RT: Barry Richardson (until he can be replaced next year)

I'd put that together TODAY. I'd have them practicing with that group TODAY. I'm just so sick of everything about this team. It's time for a change. Heads are going to roll and they deserve to.
no put Gaither at RT.Barry Richardson should be arrested for stealing paychecks and impersonating and NFL OT
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaither is a LT only. If he could play RT he would all ready be on the field.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yep. Richardson will have to do for this year, but we need to get better in the trenches, especially the middle of the line. Albert has more size than Lilja and Gaither has more size than Albert. It'll beef up the entire line. And Hudson should be the starting C from here on out. Get him in there and see what he can do. It's way past time.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

Gaither has played RT in certain situations, namely running plays.

Gaither is going to get cut IMO. He's had a year and a half to figure his injury out and he can't get on the field. Not acceptable.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So if QB wasn't #1 now, rumor is that Cassel is likely out for the year with a hand injury.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He did that throwing screen passes to McCluster against a prevent defense. Cassel wasn't holding onto the ball Sunday, the line was just that bad and the play design was pretty bad too.

Last edited by nepg : 11-14-2011 at 06:53 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He did that throwing screen passes to McCluster against a prevent defense. Cassel wasn't holding onto the ball Sunday, the line was just that bad and the play design was pretty bad too.
i really hope Cassel ends up back in NE for you. this is not meant as a joke or derogatory in any fashion. i legitimately would like for him to play for a team you root for. he is clearly a QB you like and hopefully he would be good for you.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Gaither is going to get cut IMO. He's had a year and a half to figure his injury out and he can't get on the field. Not acceptable.
That means nothing. They seem to really believe in consistency in terms of who is playing where on the line, even if they suck. Goff started like half a season even though it was obvious he was physically done.

It appears the Chiefs are going to be lucky to win another game this year. It won't be Luck, but I'd be surprised if the Chiefs don't take one if they do infact end at 4-12.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If we're at 4-12 we might as well package some picks and move up to secure the best QB prospect in a while. What do we have to lose at this point?

Old 11-15-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

Colts aren't going to trade the first pick when Manning is at the end of his career and he's hurt. Luck is a once in a generation pick. You don't pass on him, especially with their disposition at QB.

KC should try to draft a QB, but if one isn't there than they better draft an OT or pass rusher. Our OL is extremely overrated and it showed yesterday. Reiff or Martin if no QB is available. Our pass rush also sucks and we have absolutely got to fix it.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I've been hoping for years we would draft a tackle early in the draft. We are at the point of no return now and have to do something as this team can't protect squat ecspecially without the threat of a running game. Palko is going to be killed with Richardson "protecting" his blindside. I really doubt he will survive a week. I do think though we have to take a QB if there is a good one avilable when we draft. A good to great QB can work through a bad line somewhat by making quick reads and using the pocket correctly. It will be an interesting offseason. In some respects it seems we are close to fielding a championship caliber team and in others it seems like we are very far away.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If we're at 4-12 we might as well package some picks and move up to secure the best QB prospect in a while. What do we have to lose at this point?
Well, with a full off-season to put the offense back together properly, this is a Super Bowl contender with the roster standing as-is. They'll win a couple more games this year. Palko's not nearly as bad as people paint him, but if he is we get to see Stanzi.

There are some big problems with the team right now. They only have one TE, they've had issues along the OL (which can be helped by more good TEs), and the play design on passing plays has not been good...nor has the personnel use since the second San Diego game. The only RB that can pick up a blitz can't run the ball (Jones) and the only one that is a threat to catch a ball out of the backfield can't pick up a blitz (McCluster). So the offense is really easy to read.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Colts aren't going to trade the first pick when Manning is at the end of his career and he's hurt. Luck is a once in a generation pick. You don't pass on him, especially with their disposition at QB.
Agreed. The Chiefs are not getting Luck time to move on.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, with a full off-season to put the offense back together properly, this is a Super Bowl contender with the roster standing as-is. They'll win a couple more games this year. Palko's not nearly as bad as people paint him, but if he is we get to see Stanzi.

There are some big problems with the team right now. They only have one TE, they've had issues along the OL (which can be helped by more good TEs), and the play design on passing plays has not been good...nor has the personnel use since the second San Diego game. The only RB that can pick up a blitz can't run the ball (Jones) and the only one that is a threat to catch a ball out of the backfield can't pick up a blitz (McCluster). So the offense is really easy to read.
I'll admit that I'm not as down on this team as some on this forum BUT...
What are you smoking? Super Bowl contender? REALLY???

Well, the new coaching staff will have more to work with the Haley did when he came in.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Well, with a full off-season to put the offense back together properly, this is a Super Bowl contender with the roster standing as-is.
I really don't know how to deal with this anymore, haha.

The Chiefs will NEVER be a Super Bowl contender with Matt Cassel starting for us. Ever. We will never contend for a championship with Cassel. We just won't. It's time to move on.

We have to fire our OC and DC (and maybe even HC), draft a QB, fix the offensive line, and hope that our people come back 100% and maybe we can make the playoffs next year. That is a big maybe.

And this is someone being REALISTIC.