Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with a few of you I think that was the best episode so far this season. Hopefully its something the show can build on.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was the best of the season for sure.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good expanded thoughts on the new-look Office here:
http://entertainment.time.com/2011/1...n-charge-here/

I was always in favor of Jim as boss after it became clear that the show would hire internally. Andy in his current role doesn't work very well.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've finally caught up, dwight falling was hilarious.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Good expanded thoughts on the new-look Office here:
http://entertainment.time.com/2011/1...n-charge-here/

I was always in favor of Jim as boss after it became clear that the show would hire internally. Andy in his current role doesn't work very well.
I like the take about people either liking Andy or feeling sorry for him. What made Michael Scott great is that everybody had a different dynamic with him. Angela thought he was inappropriate, Jim loved to goof on him, Dwight kissed his ass, and Stanley thought he was worthless. None of that happens with Andy. And he isn't even a good boss. He does stupid things and falls ass-backward into it working. At least Michael had some moments of actual competence.

With Jim, you would have the differing dynamics. Pam would love him, Andy would continue to do his goofy singing, Dwight would hate him, Ryan wouldn't respect him, etc. This entire series, they have been working on Jim's career. At first he didn't want to get a promotion, then he decided to take one at Stamford. When the branches came together, he was named the number two. Then he was Co-Manager. And then when it is finally time to name a new regional manager, the show kicks us all in the nuts and says "You know the career progression storyline we have been working on for 6 seasons? Yeah, screw that, we are promoting Andy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well said, jrdrylie.

Before he was boss, Andy was one of the few characters who could hold up a B-plot on his own and generate laughs. With him as boss, that ability has been neutered. Not only is he not in a position to be funny, but it leaves a void on the periphery of the 3 longtime leads (Pam, Jim, Dwight) that the other bit characters are unable (or the writers seem unwilling) to provide.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight yelling at the old man was amazingly awesome. I laughed almost throughout that entire episode. Only rests I got were when they were in the warehouse. I like that they're developing that warehouse chick...she seems like a decent anti-Robert character.

The Jim-Pam-Dwight plot was classic for the trio. There was so much good in that episode, really. I always love Erin taking things too far, and that opening was pretty damn funny.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got around to watching last week's office. Are they running out of material? That fake phone call thing was done a few seasons ago between Michael and Ryan.

Otherwise, I thought this might have been the funniest episode of the season. It had a little bit of Creed. And Dwight had some pretty funny lines. Especially "Does Jim have especially soft erections? Otherwise, I just touched a very soft ***** for nothing."

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-15-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed the same thing with the phone call. And I thought the part with Dwight grabbing Jim's dick was pretty stupid. However other than that, excellent episode.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind when they reuse things Michael did with Andy. Andy idolized Michael and would definitely copy his techniques. Plus, it was funny anyway.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I noticed the same thing with the phone call. And I thought the part with Dwight grabbing Jim's dick was pretty stupid. However other than that, excellent episode.

What?! Dude I couldn't stop laughing. And then Jim saying he never felt that way in a long, long time, but he did grab my crotch.

Creed was good also, how do they get it in this shape?

Dwight reminding them about CC's toothbrush, was one of those odd nice Dwight moments to top it off.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do I not remember anything about Creed? Completely lost in my brain right now.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Why do I not remember anything about Creed? Completely lost in my brain right now.
It was very brief. Had one line as Pam stood over by him waiting for Dwight to approach Jim.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was very brief. Had one line as Pam stood over by him waiting for Dwight to approach Jim.
and gave him toblerone.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I will probably be in the minority, but I liked about 75% of tonight's episode. The premise of going to Gettysburg was sorta lame, but it had a lot of good smaller moments.

It's in the middle of the pack of episodes this season, IMO.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan's line made me die by the way.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will probably be in the minority, but I liked about 75% of tonight's episode. The premise of going to Gettysburg was sorta lame, but it had a lot of good smaller moments.

It's in the middle of the pack of episodes this season, IMO.
And Creed said something!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Ryan's line made me die by the way.
Which one? Ryan was one of the very best parts of the episode.

I've gone from finding his character pointless for much of the last 2 seasons to the most enjoyable this season. He needs more plots and lines.

While he didn't truly have a line, I loved Creed's overeager chant to watch 'Limitless' on the bus.

The episode was redundant with the Andy/Jim scene at the end. But I did like Daryl's "I hate myself" line in response to the hat.

I liked the beginning of Kevin's pitch to Robert where he took it to mean something very savvy, but they took it too far. Shoulda quit while they were ahead.

Hated the cold open. Not looking forward to a birth episode. Hopefully it's downplayed.

I like a lot of Robert's lines tonight and enjoyed him interacting with people when Andy isn't around to be a nervous wreck.

The Schrute Farms plot was pretty good. I really liked how Erin was manipulated by Dwight and Oscar on the walk.

And for once I didn't wish Gabe had been written out of the show.

In the Post-Carell era of the show, this episode gets a B- from me.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which one? Ryan was one of the very best parts of the episode.

I've gone from finding his character pointless for much of the last 2 seasons to the most enjoyable this season. He needs more plots and lines.

While he didn't truly have a line, I loved Creed's overeager chant to watch 'Limitless' on the bus.

The episode was redundant with the Andy/Jim scene at the end. But I did like Daryl's "I hate myself" line in response to the hat.

I liked the beginning of Kevin's pitch to Robert where he took it to mean something very savvy, but they took it too far. Shoulda quit while they were ahead.

Hated the cold open. Not looking forward to a birth episode. Hopefully it's downplayed.

I like a lot of Robert's lines tonight and enjoyed him interacting with people when Andy isn't around to be a nervous wreck.

The Schrute Farms plot was pretty good. I really liked how Erin was manipulated by Dwight and Oscar on the walk.

And for once I didn't wish Gabe had been written out of the show.

In the Post-Carell era of the show, this episode gets a B- from me.
The "sheep" line. Everything about it was executed perfectly IMO.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Ryan needs to be given a main plotline and allowed to be the featured character in an episode again.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

"It was just actually cookies the whole time?"

ROFL.

Ryan was gold that episode. Very much liked it. I don't think he needs more main story lines...he's perfect as a character that can jump in and out of the picture as needed.

I love Erin. Her role in the Dwight-Oscar plot was just perfect for her.

I liked the cold open. It was kind of lame until the bottle fell out. Nice twist.

Last edited by nepg : 11-18-2011 at 12:35 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the episode was solid. My favorite part was Creed leading the Limitless chants on the bus. Ryan was great too. I always liked him. I just hope they find some more stuff for him to do.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I only liked 25% of the episode. Dwight mostly, and finding out about his farm with Oscar made it even more hilarious.

I fell like they are leading up to firing Andy cause he sucks so much as a boss, and every week there is something about poor sales.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I only liked 25% of the episode. Dwight mostly, and finding out about his farm with Oscar made it even more hilarious.

I fell like they are leading up to firing Andy cause he sucks so much as a boss, and every week there is something about poor sales.
I don't want Andy fired. I like his character. But he certainly needs to be demoted back down to sales.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: